Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 08:34 PM   #1  

Talking New here

Hi everyone,

My name is Lisa and I joined weight watchers 3 weeks ago, I have quite a bit to lose, my present weight is 262.. and I have already lost 12 pounds... I am hoping to lose in total 110 pounds... but I am looking in smaller goals and trying to get to 250 for now....

Lisa
Old 08-06-2002, 02:23 PM   #2  
One day at a time.

That's great Lisa, keep it up and you'll get there! I've been OP for 8 weeks and I'm at my 10% as of tonight's weigh in! These boards are really helpful when I feel discouraged. I just spend some time reading posts and it helps to keep me motivated.

Good Luck!

274.2/247.8/135
Old 08-08-2002, 10:32 AM   #3  

Hi there Melissa,

I weighed in yesterday and I am down 3.5 pounds... That is about 9.75 pounds in 4 weeks... I am hoping to continue with this trend... I am biking each night and going on the treadmill too... Hopefully I will start to feel better about myself soon

Have a great day
Lisa:
Old 08-08-2002, 04:21 PM   #4  
One day at a time.

Great job girl, keep it up! Oh and i'm happy to say that I reached my 10% goal Tuesday night! I am still so excited, and I've decided to set another 10% goal. It's great that you're exercising too, I've been doing Walk away the pounds tapes, and walking on my treadmill too. I'm trying to do 5 or 6 days a week, and so far so good! Well, take care and have a good evening!

TTYS
Old 09-06-2002, 11:35 AM   #5  
Chocoholic

Help!!!!:WOW: I am in trouble too. I have been dieting and dieting with the xenical. But, I went from 119 to 115 to 118 and I have a doc appt on Tuesday. How do I explain my lack of weight loss and consistency. You think I can use the death of my ex-spouse as terms for greiving or celebrating. I sort of miss the slob. I think I have been binging in response. Help me get back on track.
Old 09-07-2002, 04:50 AM   #6  

Default hi, I'm new here too.

I'm glad there is this section. I'm at 285 (so much larger than I ever dreamed I could possibly be!). I've been on WW about 3 months, and have gone down 5 pounds. I've drifted away from really working it, and now I'm back.

My next step is to start counting points again. I feel challenged because I like to eat by the Eat Right for Your Type guidelines. They work well for me ... but then adding counting points, and I start to feel like I can't eat anything but rice cakes and sprouts. Well, I'm just going to have to figure out how to do this.

One reason for my huge weight gain is that I re-hurt my back about 10 years ago, and haven't really been able to walk more than a few blocks since then without ending up in pain. I used to love to walk, and that was my primary exercise. I would love to be able to walk again, but I need to figure out exercise that won't hurt my back and will be interesting enough to keep me at it.

Anyway, I've rambled on. I've got a lot to solve and it's going to take me a while. I really appreciate having this place for support.

windemere
Old 09-09-2002, 09:11 PM   #7  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Ladies,

Sounds like you're all serious about getting healthy and losing some pounds. Thought I'd stop in to wish you well and invite you to join us on the In It For The Long Run thread.
We're mostly doing Weight Watchers and all have many lbs. to lose so we come together for support and friendship and ideas to aid in our journey. Feel free to join right in.

Windemere, Are you journaling? There's so much tasty, healthy food out there on the points program. What's your range? You sure shouldn't feel hungry or unsatisfied on the program. Have you gone over your journals with your leader?
I'm probably one of the pickiest eaters out there and if I plan ahead and Stick To My Plan I don't get hungry.

LISA & MEL: Those 10% goals are giant steps. CONGRATS! I agree that small goals (for me it's 5 or 10 lbs at a time now that I've passed 10%) are the way to go.

Gotta run,
Closed Thread