Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 11:11 AM   #1  

Angry Fibromyalgia 61

Good morning everyone.

Candice - glad to see you made it there! I will bet you are a bit to the tired side today. Enjoy your visit.

Meme - Glad your life has slowed down just a tad You wouldn't know what to do with yourself if you had time on your hands. I hope your Mom is doing well. How is Ross doing these days? Also, your other little grandson.

Serenity - Well yesterday was weigh-in day. How did you do? I am losing weight so slowly it is very disheartening. I have to try to try to get some exercise in - SOMEHOW!!! Walking isn't always good for me, because of my darn hip. I will figure it out, sooner or later. I also have a problem with meds. Most of them don't like me, and then I end up with more pain especially in the stomach! I have Darvon, but I feel like a drunk must feel when I wake up in the morning. I can't stand that stuff. I have Tylenol 3 and 282MEPS if I really need something. It isn't often. Since I started going to the Upper Cervical Chiro, I feel a whole lot better. I still have my days, but they are getting further and further apart.

Joanne - Hi Joanne. Is the Dr. sending you for PT then? The brace might help for support, but it also keeps heat on the knee. I don't know how you stand this hot weather. It was 90+ here yesterday and today is going to be just as hot. My joints feel like they are swollen and I have been drinking everything I can get my hands on

Mima - I sure wish I had AC the past few days. It usually never gets this hot here. We have lots of summers where it never gets to 90 - and that is in July or August - certainly not JUNE. I really hate to complain about the weather when it is so nice, but golly it makes me not feel so good! I like it around 75 with a slight breeze. I am also pretty fair, so I burn really easily.

Ally - It is so hard to be in an office where food is available. It kind of calls your name out, doesn't it

Meme - that was an interesting article. I am certainly not an apple or a pear. Thank goodness that I was designed pretty evenly.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:57 PM   #2  

Default Hi

Happy- I don't know if Canada rocks. I have never been there and might never get there.I hear that it is a really pretty place.We are in the 80-90's now too. I have just made my first appt. with PT for Tuesday next week. I don't feel that this is going to be the answer but I guess we have to justify that everything has been tried before I agree to surgery. I really don't want to go that route this year.
Have a good time Candice
Serentiy How did you do at WW?
Meme- Things should ease up now that your mom is at home. Maybe she can get a High school girl to come in and help her some.
Ally,Mima..My daughter coming for a short visit this evening,for the weekend .
Bye All...Joanne
Old 06-27-2002, 04:42 PM   #3  

That's funny...you just don't know my mom! She wouldn't let a high school girl inside her house! She wouldn't even let the PT guy in...had to come down here to do her exercises 3 times a week! She's afraid someone will track in dirt!!! Hubby says that's why she won't eat...she won't cook because she's afraid she'll get her stove dirty!

Well...I'm back to working 2 days a week plus cooking dinner for Mom most nights but it's still good to have my house back! Hubby called me this morning and said his boss had offered to let us use his HUGE houseboat the week of our Anniversary! I'm excited!!! Also, I got an email from a school chum I hadn't heard from in about 35 years! We were really close at one time...we spent the night at each other's houses and everything. We were still in touch up until I had my son. I moved and we kind of lost each other. She is in Texas now. I'm really glad to have found her. That's the second school friend I've found through ClassMates. The other one sent me an email yesterday and said she was going to be in Tennessee in September and wanted us to meet! Hope I can make it!!!

Candice...hope you are having a nice trip and not getting too tired. Joanne...I refuse to do PT on my knees...they go out of place and I've had several different Drs. tell me the wrong exercises can make them worse...I don't need anything to "knock me off my feet" right now! With Mom the way she is and my daughter having to move into a new house...what would I do if I couldn't walk!?! I have an appointment at the Rheumatologist in Nashville next Tuesday and then I'm starting back to PT for my neck, shoulders, back and arms the week after that.

Anne...how in the world are you making it without airconditioning? At 90 degrees...I'd die!
Old 06-27-2002, 05:06 PM   #4  

Default Ha, Ha!

Meme - I am spending LOTS of time in the mall We don't usually need airconditioning because it usually never gets this hot. Last time it did was 4 years ago!! And that was first for many years. It usually gets to 80, but I find 75 with a light breeze just right. I am sweating away the pounds. I keep drinking and I never sweat, but boy, this is really bringing it all out:lol I am dying! The only hope, is that tomorrow is supposed to be much cooler.
Old 06-27-2002, 06:48 PM   #5  

Meme...thanks for the site on cleaning keyboard. Gotta do it. It is still sticking. My son has been eating food in here....
Happy...have you ever done water aerobics? I have just make walking an obsession. BUT, I wake up in the night and my hips ache so bad I have to go take something.
Old 06-27-2002, 06:48 PM   #6  

Angry something to make you smile

INNER PEACE
> > > > >
> > > > > I am passing this on to you. It is definitely working for me.
> > > > >
> > > > > I think I have found inner peace.
> > > > >
> > > > > I read an article that said the way to achieve inner peace is to
> > finish
> > > > > things I had started.
> > > > >
> > > > > Today I finished two bags of potato chips, a chocolate pie, a
bottle
> > of
> > > > > wine and a small box of chocolate candy. I feel better already.
> > > > >
> > > > > Pass this along to those who need Inner Peace.
Old 06-27-2002, 07:27 PM   #7  

Now I lay me
Down to sleep.
I pray the Lord
My shape to keep.
Please no wrinkles
Please no bags
And please lift my butt
Before it sags.
Please no age spots
Please no gray
And as for my belly,
Please take it away.
Please keep me healthy
Please keep me young,
And thank you Dear Lord
For all that you've done.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:53 AM   #8  

I LOVE IT!!!
Old 06-28-2002, 09:24 AM   #9  

Default Hey There

Meme- I don't have much faith in the PT at this point. I too am afraid that this is just going to make the knee slip out and be very painful. I just guess that I have to do this so the DR. can understand/justify that I have tried everything. If it just gets me through this year then I will tell him I am sick of it and get my referal.You are working on your star in Heavan. Mothers can be difficult. I try really hard not to be difficult for my kids. I know that sometimes that isn't easy for us. We are human and are bound to thinking is not always on the same tract.
Happy- So you are spending a lot of time in the mall. I would be spending money. My hubby makes every effort to keep me out of the malls.
Ally- I had PT /water for my back. I don't think it did too much for the back but it did a lot for my spirits. I loved it. I would give almost anything for a pool of my own.
Hello Mima,Serenity Bye Joanne
Old 06-28-2002, 03:27 PM   #10  

Hi girls

Thanks for asking and yes I did ok I am down over 7 lbs now. I will have to really watch it this week with company etc and eating out.

We are having very hot weather - the thermometer in my back yard was at around 37-8 yesterday - likely around 100 F.

Our deck is s l o w l e y getting done. Much too hot to work out
there.

Glad to know that I am not the only one waking with hip/leg problems. I take an 8 hr tylenol before bed but still usually wake up about 5 am from my hip/thigh pain.

I have a simple exercise that helps but unfortunately don't always remember to do it.

So far this week even with eating out etc I am ok on my points. Once you get onto this it is not so hard.

Having BBQ/weinnie roast for Canada Day and hoping to get
boards nailed down on deck by then.

Hope you are all keeping well.

Serenity
Old 06-28-2002, 08:25 PM   #11  

Angry I'll be happy when

I'll be happy when...

We convince ourselves that life will be better after we get married,
have a baby, then another. Then we are frustrated that the kids aren't old enough and we'll be more content when they are. After that, we're frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with. We will certainly be happy when they are
out of that stage.

We tell ourselves that our life will be complete when our spouse gets his or her act together, when we get a nicer car, when we are able to go on a nice vacation, or when we retire.

The truth is there's no better time to be happy than right now.
If not now, when? Your life will always be filled with challenges.

It's best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway. Happiness is the way. So, treasure every moment that you have and treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time with... and remember that time waits for no one.

So, stop waiting...
Until your car or home is paid off.
Until you get a new car or home.
Until your kids leave the house.
Until you go back to school.
Until you finish school.
Until you lose 10 lbs.
Until you gain 10 lbs.
Until you get married.
Until you get a divorce.
Until you have kids.
Until you retire.
Until summer..
Until spring.
Until winter.
Until fall.
Until you die.

There is no better time than right now to be happy.
Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
So work like you don't need money,
Love like you've never been hurt,
And, dance like no one's watching.

If you want to brighten someone's day,
pass this on to someone special. I just did.
Old 06-29-2002, 03:16 PM   #12  

Angry Bean Salad

Well, I seem to be here on this thread all by myself! Where did everyone go?

Here is a recipe I got from ww on Wednesday. Serenity - good weight loss. I lost .6 Ha! It has been so hot that I am retaining fluid. Can't even have my rings on.

Bean Salad - 1 C = 1 Pt

1 14oz can yellow beans
1 14oz can green beans
1 14oz can kidney beans
1/2 diced green pepper
2 diced celery stalks
2 Tbsp dried minced onion
2/3 C apple cider vinegar (I used regular vinegar)
1/3 C Splenda
2 T extra virgin olive oil (can use 1 TBSP - I think it would be fine)
1 Tsp. salt
1/4 Tsp. pepper

Drain beans. In large bowl, mix all ingredients well. Let stand overnight in fridge. Keeps for several days.

Makes 8 Cups

You can use 1/3 C sugar, but don't forget to add in the points.
Also, if you use only 1 TBSP of oil, don't forget to deduct.
Old 06-29-2002, 03:22 PM   #13  

Angry Chocolate Muffins

These are good, although my husband didn't like them much. My girlfriend made them and quite enjoyed them. They take care of chocolate cravings.

CHOCOLATE MUFFINS - 2 points

1 1/2 C Flour
3/4 C Sugar
1/4 C Cocoa
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 C nonfat unsweetened yogurt
2/3 C skim milk (or 1/4C fat free powdered milk and 2/3 C
water
1 tsp vanilla

Mix dry ingredients. Stir in yogurt, milk and vanilla. Mix just until combined and moistened. Divide batter evenly in 12 lined muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Old 06-29-2002, 05:46 PM   #14  

I did rely to you Happy and thanked you for all the fun and tasty things you post. However, it is a FOG day and I didn't press reply
But I do appreciate what you do here.
Is it hot in Canada? Today it is just getting really bad...tomorrow will be 90. I am in a flair up. But I took a long walk anyway. My dog is so tired...he couldn't even get in the car.
Old 06-29-2002, 10:04 PM   #15  

Hi Ally. This has been the hottest week. Over 90 for the first 4 days, and then down close to 80. We don't have any air conditioning, only a hard working fan. This heat makes me hurt. It is far to hot for me It looks like it is going to rain tonight. The sky is black as heck, but it has been before and all we get is wind.
Closed Thread