Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 01:43 PM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - June 24, 2002

Happy Monday everyone. How is goin' today?

We had a marvelous weekend in Quebec City. Three glorious days of walking, shopping, wine and exquisite cuisine - all under a blanket of warm sunshine. I also got to give my rusty French a good workout, despite everyone's willingness to speak English,

Domina: Hope weigh-in goes well for you. (I'm having a fat day too - little wonder after the weekend)

Melissa: How's the cut working out, now that you've had the opportunity to style it yourself? Isn't it a relief to see a new stylist and be pleased with the results?

lala: When are you off to Japan? (or maybe you're already gone? If so, bon voyage, encore une fois!)

kt: Your silk pie sounds awesome. So awesome that I will probably never give it a try, cause there'd be no stopping me...

Later,
Old 06-24-2002, 05:12 PM   #2  
si, si signora

bonjour toutes les femmes!

i'm still here, though my mind is definitely not here if you know what I mean.

I think I would like to be about 7 years old for at least one week of the summer with absolutely no responsibility.

susan- sounds like you had a great weekend. Have you been to st. pierre/miquelon? I'm going next year for a conference. It looks cool.

Nothing going on here again, I have gained and gained and no end in sight it feels. I know its not that bad, just can't get motivated past exercise and some self control.

We did have a nice time at the cowboy junkies concert at a local winery, drank a bit more than i normally would, but no real ill effects.

I also got a haircut. Its different, but if I hate it, I'll just cut it in a few. I can't wait until airfares go down and I can see helmut again, he really does a great job.

Hope everyone had a nice low key weekend and don't have too many disasters popping up this week!

lala
Old 06-25-2002, 10:59 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday was incredibly busy at work--it was our first summer orientation and the day just flew by.

I also celebrated my birthday yesterday and so I've entered the 40's and left my 30's behind.

It's hazy, hot & humid again here today and hopefully we'll have some relief on Thursday.

Seasaw: I'm getting used to my new hair cut. It took a little getting used to having it more straight. I've gotten a lot of compliments so it's a nice style

Lala: I know what you mean about getting a new haircut...you can always get it cut again if it's not what you like. I'd love to be 7 again with no worries for just a week.

I'll check in again later...have a good day everyone!
Old 06-25-2002, 01:45 PM   #4  

Heck, Melissa I'd like to be 40 again for a week! Seriously, Happy Belated Birthday. Hope you had a good day (outside of work, that is).

lala: And I complain about what I pay for a haircut. At least I don't have to take airfare into account Have never been to St. Pierre/Miquelon but I keep threatening... someday...

My weight is up, and I have to weigh-in by the end of June or I pay anyway for missing a month. Right now, I would be over goal, but I have a few days to regain control. Having to pay might be just the little jolt I need to get serious. I am so-o-o-o tired of talking about losing the last few pounds.

I may have mentioned my (ahem) 30-year class reunion which will take place the first weekend in August. If I put my mind to it, I could be close to my personal goal, but I just can't seem to find it within myself to do what it takes. Maybe I just don't want it badly enough.

I am going out tonight for my first run in just over two weeks. Can't believe it's been that long. Hope I can remember what to do..oh yeah, put one foot in front of the other.. it's coming back to me now.

Where is everyone? On vacation? I wish...
Old 06-25-2002, 05:43 PM   #5  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I agree, it would be great to be 7 again. To have less responsibilities, worries, to be taken care of instead of taking care of. Lately I've been stuck under a dark cloud. I've tried to make things better where I can. Actually doing pretty well with the weight loss thing. Now if the rest of my life can fall into line as well.
Old 06-25-2002, 06:08 PM   #6  
si, si signora

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA!

I hope that you have a splendid day!

lala
Old 06-26-2002, 08:03 AM   #7  
LM

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!! You look mahvelous!!!!
Old 06-26-2002, 03:39 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I had a nice birthday--busy at work and the evening was on the quieter side. My hubby sent me a dozen red roses and I got a new ring We're going out to dinner on Friday evening so I'm looking forward to that. We'll be on a little mini trip with the boys (my older son is bowling in a tournament over the weekend) and there's a really nice restaurant close by so we're going to head there and possibly hit the outlet mall for a little shopping.

My goal personally has been to be below my goal weight when I turned 40 and I accomplished that...now to keep things going I posted a 1.4 gain today but I'm thinking that it's partly because of the high humidity and heat here. My feet and hands have been swollen (I had to take my rings off). Walking has been minimal because it's in the high 70's at 7:30 a.m. Anyway, I'm one of the ones who can't wait for some cooler temps! Heat and I don't make good friends.

Seasaw: How did your run go? Is your foot feeling better? Did you decide when you're going to go for your monthly weigh in? I had some months that I really struggled, namely from last June through February/March of this year and I finally got things together. Maybe you need to set yourself some sort of mini goal rather than trying to set something for your reunion.

We had a brief, and I mean brief, shower over the lunch hour. Everything is so dry here and my poor plants in the garden are starting to droop. We're supposed to be getting some storms later tonight.

Not too much else going on here...hope everyone is staying cool!
Old 06-28-2002, 09:08 AM   #9  

Happy Friday everyone. I'm looking forward to the long weekend (Canada Day is July 1st). My parents and one of my sisters are coming for a visit. We'll be doing some of the tourst-type stuff - things I don't normally do. Should be fun.

Melissa: My foot seems to be back to normal (thanks for asking). I've had two runs this week and felt fine through both of them. Have decided to weigh-in tomorrow - regardless of what the scale says - but appear to be back on track somewhat. Let's just say that this was one of my better weeks. And you're right - mini-goals are definitely the way to go.

Hello to Lala, Janet, Domina, Katie, Laurel, Myra..did I miss anyone?
Closed Thread