Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2000, 02:09 AM   #1  
soon to be thin

Hi, I noticed theres not a group for the 30's. I usually post over in the support group under thru thick & thin. I just joined WW today, so please join in.

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Old 09-26-2000, 10:46 PM   #2  
One Day At A Time

Hi Tammie...I re-joined WW 2 wks ago after having my second child. I'm 29, but thought I'd join in w/the 30's.

Robin
Old 09-27-2000, 01:12 AM   #3  
soon to be thin

Robin This is the 4th time for WW for me. In 1985 I became a lifetime member so, I don't have to pay for registration or missed meetings!! I wish I weighed in like I should of because now I weigh 185! My goal is 131. I thought it was a good time to join with the Holidays coming up. My sister-n-law is getting married SAturday so I have to bank some points for Friday's dinner & Saturday's dinner! What a rough 1st week!

Have a nice day.

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Old 09-27-2000, 09:41 AM   #4  

Hi just checking to see if my password works
Old 09-27-2000, 09:57 AM   #5  

I had trouble signingin
This is my forth time posting.
I lost everything that I had posted. It wasn't excepting my password.
Friends of mine that post all the time say that I should join up with you guys.
they say it is a lot of fun.
So lets give it a shot and see if we can get something going.

I have been a life time member for over 10 years.
I have been up and down during that time.
I am at goal weight now but find it is a struggle lately to maintain. I know that journaling is important for me because it keeps me honest with myself.
Tam
Just remember that you have 21 meals this week and that there is only one that you have to contend with at the wedding. Go out and enjoy it but if you don't stay on program you can start again on Sunday. Good luck and have fun!
ByTd
Hi welcome to the club. W.W. has a very good program. It is a lot easier to follow than it use to be. We can eat what we want in moderation, which is great. How did you first couple of weeks go?

[This message has been edited by Deelite (edited 09-26-2000).]
Old 09-27-2000, 10:51 AM   #6  
Net browser

HI EVERYBODY My name is Slavika and I post on the 50 & 60 yr old board and just wanted to wish you gals luck with starting a 30 something board.
The boards are fun and its nice to share with the other members. Good luck with your weight loss programs too. Night.
Old 09-27-2000, 10:30 PM   #7  
One Day At A Time

Hey girls Tammie...this is about my 4-5th time joining WW. I've never stayed long enough to reach goal because I thought I could do it on my own. YEAH RIGHT!!!! I've always lost really well on it though; but as soon as I quit, weight starts piling back on Last summer, I lost 30 lbs w/WW & on my own, but gained 48 w/my son who is 9 wks old; so now I've got even more to lose. Hope you have a great time at the wedding & when everything looks so tempting, take a "little" bite of everything you want. Just remember to use only 10 extra points (if you have them banked) & drink plenty of water. Make your other meals low point & do a little exercise that day. You'll do great, I'm sure. You'll really like posting on this site Deelite...it's a great place to be Congrats on being at goal...maybe you guys can encourage me to stick w/it until I reach goal. My 1st week I only lost 3 lbs...I usually lose about 6 the 1st week. As crazy as this is going to sound, I think that I only lost 3 because I didn't eat enough. Almost everyday, I ate under points. Not intentionally, I was just trying to space my meals & not munch alot in between. This week, I've eaten more & I'll know how I did tomorrow morning!!! I really hope this thread keeps going, because I'd like to have a great place to post Slavike...thanks for the encouragement
Robin
207/204/187(10%)/130ish(goal)
Old 09-28-2000, 01:11 AM   #8  

Hi Everyone
ByTd
Hope that you are having a good day. I have had problems not eatting enough points and not losing weight. You think that you will lose but it doesn't work that way. As strange as it may be, it is better to eat almost at the top of your range as long as you are not banking points for a special event. You did really well with a 3lb lose first week. I have never lost that much in a week. Congratulations! Hope that you will do well at your weigh in tomorrow. Let me know how you do.
salvika thanks for the encouragement. drop by any time and post with us.

[This message has been edited by Deelite (edited 09-27-2000).]
Old 09-28-2000, 01:43 AM   #9  
soon to be thin

Good afternoon: Today is day 3 on WW. Things are still going great! For lunch I added extra veggies to my soup and boy am I stuffed!

Deelite welcome to the site. I've been posting since May and just love it
congrats on your goal weight. I could just kick myself for regaining all this weight again

Byrd yes, I thought I could lose this weight myself(I've done so in the past)I think now that I'm in my thirties its harder! I bet you have your hand full with your 9 week old(but what a joy ) I have 2 boys 10yr old and 5 yr old. Congrats on your 3# loss. I weigh in on Monday I will let you know what I lost

Have a good evening

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Old 09-28-2000, 02:47 AM   #10  

Hi, I'm 30!!! Hope you don't mind me butting in. I joined WW on July 3rd after my Grandfather blurted out "you gained so much weight" at a family get together (I hadn't seen him in years). I have an 11 month old daughter and I work full-time (not by choice). I have lost 24 pounds so far but have been giving into cravings that last week or so. I've been good so far today and trying to get my motivation back in order.

Pookasmom
182.5/158.5/125
Old 09-28-2000, 02:51 AM   #11  

Hi guys -- I post with the fabulous forties, but just wanted to say hi and wish you all good luck with your weight losses and your new board. Now we just need the '70's, 80's, 90's and 100's!

Dianne
Old 09-28-2000, 03:06 AM   #12  

Pookasmom
Glad that you joined us. The more the merrier! You have done very well with your weight loss. Keep it up. We all have weeks that aren't as good as some others but that is life. Just try to curb the cravings by substituting low point items. Or have what you want but just a small portion. You can do it. We are all rooting for you.
Old 09-28-2000, 06:56 AM   #13  
One Day At A Time

WOW...how cool to check in & see that we already have 11 posts!!!!!!!

Tammie...you're right, I have had my hands full...I also have a 5 yr old DD who started kindergarten this year

Welcome Pookasmom...I know how it is to work full-time. I quit the job I had (paralegal) in July right before Reagan was born, but now I'm back on the job search. I hate looking for & starting a new job, but I was so unhappy in my previous job. It paid well though, so I guess I really should have stayed. Also, it's so hard leaving your baby Wonderful job on the 24 lb loss

Dianne...thanks for the encouragement. There sure are some great ladies around here

Robin
207/204/130ish
Old 09-28-2000, 09:43 AM   #14  

Hi there
SorryByrd I was writting ByTd when I
meant to write Byrd.
Old 09-28-2000, 09:26 PM   #15  

Thanks for welcoming me everyone.

Byrd-I think you made the right decision leaving your previous job if you were unhappy. Who cares how much money they paid you if you're unhappy. Life is too short.

I'm off to do the treadmill at my work's gym. I don't get a lunch break but I'm sneaking because my boss is in a meeting. This is the only way I can sneak in exercise because I'm alone at night with baby and she attaches herself to me for the night!
Closed Thread