Old 01-14-2009, 08:01 AM   #1  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Cool "Party Like Its 2009" Blue Team Chat # 2

Just starting a new thread since the other one was getting too big.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:18 AM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Yay Blue team!

Posted an official 1.8 loss at WW meeting last night!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:26 AM   #3  

yeah blue!!! congratulations to us...and to all the BIG LOSERS - those are some impressive #s

now i'm goin' from the top of my head here...sorry if i forgot anyone

selena, hang in there! i think getting a cleaning lady is great. perhaps you'd want to consider a part-time employee for the company too? try to remember - it's all good...especially in this economy = so congratulations on your business!!

dora, you hang in there too! i'm sorry you're feeling blue. not sure where you live but are you getting outside at all? is it possible for you to go for a walk today and just think about things?

djay, thanks for that link. if i keep piddlin' around i won't reach goal for another year and a half!!! things that make you go hmmmmm...

faux, where you been girl???

i'm doing ok. i'm worried about my left knee...it's kinda twingy. it has been for about a month now. i'm going to go buy dance shoes after zumba class today hoping they'll help. i don't want to give up zumba - i love it too much and it's such an awesome workout!

taught my first yoga class yesterday and i'm teaching again tonight. it went pretty well, i guess. i think i probably tried to fit too much in but i suppose that's a common problem when teaching anything. i'm so looking forward to future classes!!

the scale is up for me though. calories have been in line so i'm wondering if it's too many carbs. i held the carbs down last night but the scale was still up this morning. decided tonight i'll have spaghetti squash for dinner and try to keep my day light (DH will have tortellinis).
Old 01-14-2009, 08:33 AM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I so want to take a yoga class. Right now our community center doesn't have an instructor. Even when they do the class is usually at 9a.m. I'm at work. It makes me feel like they think yoga is only for the privileged that don't have to work. Yoga has always been a day class here.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:51 AM   #5  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hey! Gooood Morning!!

(I needa go make some coffee, I have alot to do today! )

Thank you to every person here who wrote to me to say to hang in there. I want to but it is just so frustrating to look in the fridge and see grapefruits I bought over a week ago and want to eat them so bad yet knowing it takes time to peel them (I peel everything away and eat the slices) I just reach for something quick like a biscuit. I am so tired of eating bad just because of convenience. I did buy some mandarin orange slices in the can. They are great! I just am seeing how many times I 'choose' a bad choice of food because I 'have to' because of needing to gobble something fast between diaper changes and ABCs and bookwork and laundry and all that stuff. Other than all that, Life IS Good.

We are planning a trip to New York because my son loves the 2nd Home Alone movie that is in New York. And he wants to fly. He's 7, lol. So we are deciding a good time to go and my dh doesn't like to fly, even though he's flown many many more times than I have in his life. Too funny! You should see him. Last time we did, he looked like he was gonna pass out. LOL. Poor baby. So I'm a little freaked out about having them all freaking out on me!

Well, trying to drink more water and choose as wisely as possible. Hope you all have a great OP day!! Congratulations to our Blue Team, yay we won!!!

Thank you again for your sweet words of encouragement about the business and the weight loss, it means alot to me and I am reading each post even if I am not doing personals right now. Love you girlies!

Big hugs, Selina
Old 01-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 332.4/ticker/150

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulations Blue Team !!! We did great !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
I so want to take a yoga class. Right now our community center doesn't have an instructor. Even when they do the class is usually at 9a.m. I'm at work. It makes me feel like they think yoga is only for the privileged that don't have to work. Yoga has always been a day class here.
Janelle,
Maybe you could look into your local high school for yoga classes. The high school in my town has adult evening classes that range from business, computer, cooking and alot of different exercise classes, including yoga. They meet one evening a week and usually last 1-2 hours.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #7  
small steps

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'1 & 3/4

Wow, grats BLUE TEAM! Great job everyone. I'm really working for a loss this week to support my team! Keep up the great work everyone.

I'm so behind in the other thread, I'm just going to start in this one and try to keep up this time.

I started with my first class in my new jujitsu dojo yesterday. It went really well. I did jujitsu back in college and surprisingly it was mostly all there still. I'm looking forward to seeing what else I can remember and it feels so good to start it again.

shcirerf: Congrats on your WW loss! I know how you feel about yoga classes always being at the wrong time of day. I just don't know how I could ever make it to one. If you're really interested in starting though, just try to do it at home. There are some pretty awesome DVDs that can hold you over at least until you can find a good class.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:08 AM   #8  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

So many thoughts swirling about in my head from the end of the last thread, I hope I don't forget anything....

Andi said -
My rewards throughout the goal are not set but my next goal (once I get into Onederland) I want to get a tattoo. A symbolic one. Something either with a scale or weights. I need to find one soon because I'm not far off and I hope to reach that goal soon!! This will be my first tattoo and I am realy excited about it!

I always told DH that I was getting a symbolic tattoo when I reached 169 pounds. That was a plateau that I could not break for almost 2 years, for some reason I could not get below 170. Well, I'm sitting at 158 this morning and no tattoo yet. My original tattoo idea was a dragon with butterfly wings. The dragon represents strength, and DH's unwavering support (he collects dragons) and the butterfly wings symbolize my metamorphosis and in general femininity. But now I'm considering switching to a phoenix instead, to symbolize rebirth.

Shoot...I've already lost the rest of my thoughts, but I'll try some personals anyway.

Dora - I hope you're doing better today. Add me to the list of those who binged and shopped outrageously before I got a handle on the clinical depression that was taking over my life. We're not saying you're depressed of course, but it is something to consider.

River - I hate taking a scheduled day off too. I usually end up at least going for a long walk, just for some "me" time.

Selina - I want to second the notion that you should stay even if you aren't losing. (That goes for everyone else too!) We understand that you are busy, but we still want to be here for you.

Jennifer - I'm 5'4". I didn't run this morning, but I did do 4 miles on the bike with the resistance cranked up. That's a whole 'nuther set of muscles. I want a Garmin too.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll be back in a bit to post some relevant articles that I found while I was recycling this morning.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #9  

Sorry I haven't posted in a while -- nothing's coming together, I'm very disappointed in myself and I wish that *things* could just be a little easier for a while. I know that you have to start where you are but I think that every time you have to start again, again, you lose faith, belief, whatever that you can do it. So between changes at work, no changes at home, and not being on plan, here I am.

But today I'm supposed to hear from the YMCA on their Biggest Loser program (I'm pretty sure I'm in but it will be nice to get the call) -- 16 weeks, three sessions with a trainer and team each week -- pretty cool.

And I forgot to update my ticker! oh, well....
Old 01-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Good morning team! Just checking in to help me stay on track today. I've got a healthy breakfast waiting for me in the fridge at work (yogurt with a handful of cereal and some fruit!) and I'm about to pack a lunch. Today I start back with my Brownie group, so the gym isn't going to happen, but I will Wii Fit or 30 Day Shred tonight, I promise!

Djay and Jennifer - thanks for the butt kick. I will report back later today.

Selina
- Could you start cutting those grapefruits in half and eating them with a spoon? Might be faster and easier to do while you work. You don't have to be perfect, remember - better choices make a difference, even if they aren't the best choice.

Dee - I've often thought about getting a lotus flower tattoo at goal. Lotuses start growing in the mud, and work their way up through the mud and water to reach the surface of the pond and the sunshine. Determined little things, eh? A bit of a different take on the rebirth idea.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #11  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Goodmorning everyone.

Marianne - My daughter got a tattoo of a lotus flower, and I asked her why that out of everything she could have picked? She told me I probably wouldn't understand. Thank you so very much. I now do understand.

River - My mother and her two sisters love Nova Scotia, and go there every year for their vacation. They all figure that they will retire there. My mom figures when I hit my goal, they will take me with them for my goal reward. I have seen their vacation pictures, and I have to say I agree with them, I can't wait to go.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:42 PM   #12  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

I thought I would check in this morning. I found out on Monday that I have walking pneumonia so I am just trying to hold it together for the next couple of weeks. I hope that I can continue to be a contributor to the team, but I have to lay off on the exercise for a couple of weeks.

Great job on the losses last week!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #13  

Yeah! I did get in to the Y Biggest Loser challenge -- luckier than I thought, they only took twenty out of the forty applicants. And if I remember the name of the trainer correctly, he's a very tall, very muscular guy who runs quite a few of their bootcamps. *yowsers* I'm sure this is a good thing(tm).

Liked BL last night -- the team going back to encourage Dan up the steepest part of the slope and Dan keeping on even when he knew from the start he was dead last. And Bob's explosion with Joelle -- impressive (though not as impressive as Jillian's rant on "giving BL effort to get BL results" last season -- but then Bob doesn't have Jillian's experience at yelling).

Barb
Old 01-14-2009, 01:06 PM   #14  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Morning Everyone,
Good to know everyone is hanging in there. Getting there workouts done and trying to eat the healthy way.
Chinacat I love doing yoga I don't have the money to go to classes. I just buy a dvd I'm actually gonna start doing yoga next month with all this stress going on I could use it.
Soon2Bfitchick I agree that grapefruits are big but if you cut in half you can have some now and then some later. Getting fruits in a can isn't bad for you as long has its in its own juice. Otherwise it has all that sugar.
Well I have my weigh in this saturday so I'm gonna go walk for 20 mins and then hit the treadmill for 30 mins. Everyone keep up the good work. Blue team is gonna do great at the next weekly results.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #15  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

A question for all you runners on here, I have finished week 1 of c25k, but I couldn't do week 2 properly today, so I just did 60 seconds of walking and 60seconds of jogging. Did anyone else have that problem? and if so how did you get past it?