General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2002, 02:52 PM   #1  

Default Weight Watchers Effective?

Hey Everyone, I am a college student and was considering trying weight watchers when I go home this summer. Can anyone give my some feedback on how they think the program is? What are some key ideas it follows? How effective is it? How much weight do they aim to have you lose a week? Any information would be greatly appreciated. I love hearing success stories, but I would like to know if it's going to be worth the money!
Old 04-28-2002, 04:04 PM   #2  

Hi! I have been on WW since 28 Jan and have lost 25 lbs. I enjoy it because I don't like diets that eliminate certain foods or feel deprived (I don't like being told what I should eat - must be the rebel in me!). I like the fact I can eat pizza or whatever I want, in moderation, of course...I also save a couple of "points" for my favorite mini mounds bar (yum!).

I find the program pretty simple to follow with the points - a lot less math than counting calories. I also use a lot of the recipes under the WW recipe sectoin and find that the whole family eats better since I cook more.

I truly feel it is the closest thing to eating "normally" than anything else. I went to visit family and while my portion sizes were less than everyone's else's, I still ate frid chicken, mashed potatoes, etc. I just "spend" my points on what I really enjoy and not waste them on something a "diet" tells me I have to eat.

Best of luck to you in whatever you pick...just make sure it is something YOU can live with and fits your lifestyle.

Kittyhawk
Alaska
206/180/150
Old 04-29-2002, 10:17 PM   #3  
Heading for the Beach!

As someone that's also in college, this is the easiest diet plan I've followed. Like KittyHawk mentioned, you can spend your points on whatever you like...of course it's best to spend them on healthy things, but if you go out and have a couple of drinks or share a pizza with some friends, you can work that into the program. As far as the # of lbs lost a week, it varies by each person. I think most people lose several lbs the first week, a little less the next and end up staying somewhere around 1-2 lbs a week after that.

Hope this helps some!
Old 05-01-2002, 01:36 PM   #4  

If you want to take a browse through the WW website you can get a bit of an idea what people are going through. Like the others I've lost some weight and like the freedom that I choose what I want to eat.
The site is www.weightwatchers.com. It's free to register but if you want to use the "e-tools" you have to pay. I'm an "onliner" and don't go to meetings so the message boards are my support group. Surf the site a bit and maybe that'll help you decide. It's a great group of people
Closed Thread