Old 01-10-2008, 06:21 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat - Thursday, January 10th, 2008

Just a quick drop in before I run to the shower.

My '08 is not starting out all that well. First, scale broke just before Christmas. Then DW was/is sick.....and now she's given this blasted cold to me. I barely have a voice because my throat is killing me and if I did my node is clodded up doh I end dup dalking dike dis. *sighs* I really hate this time of the year. Hopefully some peppermint tea will clear this up.

I'm gonna go scale shopping and HOPEFULLY I can get myself up early enough to start doing my 1 hour on the dreadmill. I also ordered a 'Pilates for Men' DVD to try something a little new.

Anyway, hope everyone else is healthy, wealthy and wise!

:Lawrence
Rooster in the Henhouse.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:58 AM   #2  
KAR

Morning Everyone,
Hey Rooster, sorry to hear that your 2008 is off to a good start. Hope you start feeling better. Sounds like you have a good plan though for the new year.
Diana, sorry to see you didn't get much sleep last night. Hope you are able to get your sleep this evening. I will keep my fingers crossed that you can get into the doctor today.
Christina hope your procedure goes well for you today. I will be thinking about you!
Hi Michelle, hope your 2008 is off to a good start.
Hi to everyone else.
Well I got my Walk Away the Pounds Brisk Walk done for the day (2 miles). So I guess it is time for me to go get in the shower and get ready for work.
Today is going to be a long day at school. We have a staff meeting right after school, then I have to work the afterschool program, then it is off to dinner with a few ladies for one their birthday's. Think I will be crashing earlier tonight then I did last night. For some reason, I was up until 12:45. Then just slept for brief periods of time until the alarm went off at 6. Oh well, must face the day. Chat with you all later. Have a wonderful day!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:20 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Good morning all...up at 4 am. Dog whined to get on the bed, then I started thinking about a good friend who is going through something so devastating she can't even tell me what yet, just asked me to pray for her & kids ( which leads me to believe it has something to do with husband), so I couldn't get back to sleep. Oh, well!! Just did two miles on tread...

Christina, honey, I'm so sorry. Hope the procedure goes smoothly & you take some time for yourself. Sending you big virtual [hugs]...

Roo~ugh, I hate being sick!! HOpe you are better soon. BTW, is Dw sleeping on the couch now??

GG~hope your day goes better today!! I know when I was an office manager, I had to deal with a few people who weren't performing for one reason or another, and I know it sucks. On top of that, you've actually got to do your job!!! Here's a [hug] for you too!!

Diana~feel better!!! HOpefully the doc can give you something to kick the illness!!

Alicia~hope you're not killing yourself with painting!! How's DS?? Did he have a better day yesterday? Oh, and has your four-legged friend come back around??

Lauren~how was the rest of your first day??

Kerry~great job on the early workout!! Good luck at Applebees tonight. Haven't been there in a long time, but I know they used to have a light menu.

Hanna~hope you are feeling better. Sorry you're having a tough time with Sean. I know how tough it is smoetimes with my kids, and they came with no baggage, so I can only imagine what you go through. Stay strong,girl!!

Hey Michele..long time no talk!! Trish, Dawn, Delta Dawn Bottz, Joan, and everyone else I can't remember, have a great day!! Off the the showers, then to pop a cake in the oven. This am, taking Cadence to preschool, then I have to register her for kindergarten *sniff sniff* then to the dentist this afternoon for her top two cavities to be filled. She is off of fruit snacks & raisins & craisins...I had to wean her like a drug addict, but it only took a few days (lol).

Have a lovely day, I'll check back later
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...well i did get a good nights sleep..honestly i think i could hibernate through winter and still more sleep LOL. But i feel better now i that i've had a decent sleep. Hopefully today will be better, I'm going to call one of the other recept that comes in at 1 and ask if she minds coming in 15 min early so i can talk to the other one that im having issues with. I also hate tues and thursdays. We have what we call "wellness hours" between 2-4. Its a 2 hr period where people can come in a for vaccines but do not get charged an exam fee. Its usually chaotic...everyone and their brothers comes. But somedays, noone shows...you just never know.

pam - thanks for the hug...i'm dealing with it...and yes you are right..i've got other better things to do..but right now we don't have an office manager..so someone's got to do it. I'm definately ready for Sat. I'll go ride my horse and i think dh and i are going to go hiking (:
roo- hope you feel better
kar - good job for the workout.
alirght all..talk to you later tonigh...hope everyone is doing well...hey to everyone else i didn't get to say hi to...good luck everyone
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning,

Sounds like everyone is busy. I'll just join the club. After work tonight my mom and I are going shopping for the bridal shower we are throwing tommorow night. Hopefully, we will find everything and it will be quick.

I found the best chips at Target yesterday. It is thier brand, Archer Farms. Anyway they have baked chips with flavors like Rosemary Garlic, Sea Salt and Pepper and Jamaican Jerk. Yum!!!!

Have a great day!!!

Jasmine
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Good morning everybody!

Crazy day yesterday, I only ate twice the nasty breakfast and pizza with the whole flipping family. I was so stinking hungry by then I ate 3 pieces plus 2 little slices of mozz. bread. I was so wiped out by the time I got home, I skipped my workout, I went to bed feeling lousy. Had a up and down night of sleep, kids having bad dreams about corpses. What have I done to my kids now! So I have decided we'll just wipe yesterday off the books and pretend like it never happened and MOVE ON!
Had quite the discussion with my 7yr old, about how is great grandma going to get out of that box to go to Heaven and how she's not really in that box anymore. Whew! Then he started thinking about what if that happens to grandma or mom and dad. It was a long day and night. Seems to be okay today though, kids are resilient.

Rooster, that pilates will be great for you, and hope you get over your cold soon you might try taking extra dose of Vit C and Zinc it helps cut down on the duration of the cold. At least I've had good luck with it.

GG, I'm feeling for you and your work situation, it'll get better, it has too.

Christina, Hello and be good to yourself so you can recover quickly.

Alicia, I know exactly what you mean about the family creating the problems with the food and then not being supportive when you're trying to correct it. In our house my parents or my grandmother would fill our plates and the food was not healthy by any stretch of the imagination. We had to finish our plates completely before we were allowed to leave the table, thereby creating a lifetime of overeating just because. We always had "yucky" food laying around the house for snacks or breakfast (donuts, Frosted Flakes). I've spent my whole life obsessed with food and it's not something you can just shut off. When I switched to this healthy eating lifestyle my parents had nothing but negative comments, to which I countered with references to their heart disease and diabetes.

Pam, Good luck on your cake baking today and trying to do everything else.

Hubby is home again today, got all but one off to school today, I have to go to church to practice singing but then I think I'm gonna come home and get a good long workout in. Would love to go outside and run today but I don't do well in the colder air, tends to create problems when I go to sing.
Everyone, have a fantastic day and thanks so much for all your condolences.

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:12 AM   #7  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

EVERYONE who is sick, get better soon!

Kerry, enjoy your girls night out. I had a restless night of sleep myself. Hang in there today.

Pam, as far as DD's cavaties good luck. Is DD okay w/going to the dentist? We are lucky, none of us(me or DD and DS) have ever had one yet. The dog is gone now, a neighbor found it a home. Having alot of problems w/animals around here and them being let to run loose.

Diana, I hope you get rid of whatever was going around. PS when I'm talking about my kids it's always darling or dear, lol. Hope you didn't think I would call them otherwise, lol.

Tanner, have a good day at school.

Well, I'm not sure if DS is doing any better. He may be coming down with something or it may just be nerves. I guess time will tell. He had horrible nightmares last night. He talked in his sleep all night. This am he said his stomach was hurting. So I'm not quite sure yet. I'm gonna go and have lunch with him today.

Have a great day everyone!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:18 AM   #8  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Trish, we were posting at the same time, have a good day today!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Good morning! It is snowing here - I guess I can say that it is pretty since I don't have to drive in it today.

Rooster - sorry to hear that you have received the cold. DH has been sick here and so far DS and I have not obtained it although I am waiting...

Kerry - hope that you made it through your long day at work.

Christina - you are in my thoughts today.

Pam - it sounds like you have a busy day with DD. How does she do with the dentist? I need to take DS for the first time in a couple of months.

GG - hope today is better than the last few for you.

Jasmine - good luck with your shopping trip...hope that you found everything you need.

Fighting - how are you today?

Hello to everyone else! It is hip hop dance again on my workout show - I guess they are trying to embarrass me two days in a row!! Have a good day - Delta Dawn
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Hi Trish and Alicia! I was slow in posting and missed you...have a good day. Off to get DS out of the cat food...
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:21 AM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Will try and check in later when I have more time!!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Well, sounds like everyone is busy, busy, busy,but that's life right!!I am home sick from work today as I hurt my back about 2 weeks ago and I thought I was going better until I made my DD bed yesterday and now I am down again. It hurts so bad and I can hardly move, and I hate it. I want to be free to move anyway I want and this just plain sucks
My DD is sick and is refusing to go to the clinic even though I think she needs some drugs. She is the only kid I know who doesn't want to miss school. I think I'll have to take her afterschool.
No workout today, but I can still eat good right. Did good yesterday except for two cookies.
Plan for today, eat good and feel better, and take care of DD.

Rooster-hope you and your wife feel better and enjoying buying your new
scale
Kerry- Enjoy your dinner, but remember small peice of cake because you worked so hard to get up and do your Walk Away the pounds-yah you

pmasci-hope your friend is OK, just pray and give lots of

gatorgals-I too can sleep alot in the winter. Maybe we're suppose to be like bears and hiberante all winter

Tanner'smom-thanksfor the FYI on the chips at target, I don't eat alot of chips but why I want them its nice to eat something low fat and baked.

Trish- isn't it amazing what kids imagine in those tiny brains of theirs. Our moms never prepared us for some of those coversations. Good luck with eating today-its a new day.

Alicia- my dd is also sick and complaining of sore ribs when she breathes, so I wanted to take her to the clinic but she suddenly felt better. Kids will make you nervous all the time, but we need to go with our gut.

Delta Dawn-that sounds like a total blast, and I'm sure its a workout
Have a great Day all!
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:13 AM   #13  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Wow - I am having an exciting week getting back on plan! My body is in complete shock I'm sure, because the weight's dropping off just like it did this time last year when this whole journey began. I'm back to a net loss of 70.5 pounds. I feel good about things right now. Someone at church last night actually grabbed me and pulled me to the side and said, 'You're clothes are gonna fall off of you if you don't stop getting skinny!' Someone has already noticed! I am so excited! Today we have transitional preschool evaluations, blah blah blah, for Kegan. My day won't be so bad but he'll be exhausted by the time we get through it all. So...

Lawrence - Sorry you're not feeling well! Hope that tea makes you feel better! I use peppermint tea for nausea. Never thought about using it for a cold. I'll have to remember that!

Christina - We're thinking of you today! I'll be praying for you off and on all day.

Kerry - Have fun tonight after all that WORK!

Pam - I hope the situation with your friend is okay! And I hope the kindergarten registration wasn't *too* traumatic for you. (I'm registering Kegan for preschool in a couple of months but his transitional meetings have begun officially as of YESTERDAY, so I have been having some *moments* myself lately!)

GG - Hope all goes well with the talk. I can't imagine your stress load right now! Hiking with the hubby - sounds like fun!!!!!

Jasmine - Have fun shopping! I love doing things with my mother. We shop together a lot. Though I hate shopping, I really enjoy the time with her!

Trish - I'm sorry I have been a bit behind on the boards and completely missed the whole thing with yesterday. I'm sorry for your family's loss and hope things with the kids get easier for you soon!

Alicia - Have fun with your son. I hope things are better for him today/tonight!

Delta Dawn - Hip Hop dancing always made me feel like an idiot too but BOY was it fun! I don't have room to work out in my house much now unless it's on the Gazelle... so I usually do walking in place or something. I miss my cable and FitTV workouts!

Hi, Lauren!

ScrappinRN - I hope you feel better today! I'm sorry you're having a hard time with your back!

And hi to everyone else! Have a fabulous day!

~Megan

Last edited by ekstatikia; 01-10-2008 at 11:16 AM. Reason: because I can't type! lol
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

ScrappinRN ~ do you ever alternate between heat and cold? When mine is acting up I switch between those ThermaCare belt things and cold packs. Works so well. Of course, you probably already know this since you're an RN LOL.

Pam ~ I register my baby in early February:-(. I'm really gonna miss her. Thankfully, she'll only go half day though.

Gotta go... Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:14 PM   #15  
Fighting to Lose

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all,

It is supposed to start snowing here today. Husband and son are gone and daughter is watching Dora. I only worked out for about 20 minutes last night. I feel so lazy. I have been cleaning house and doing laudry this morning. I will go get on the treadmill when my daughter goes down for her "nap" this afternoon. She doesn't really nap anymore, she lays in bed and looks at her books. But, it gives her and I each a break.

Talk to you all soon
fightingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote