Old 01-11-2008, 07:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something chat Friday Jan 11

morning all..nothing really exciting...just thought i'd say g'morning. DH is being nice and making breakfast. How sweet (:

hope everyone is well.

Patricia
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:28 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning all! I am off to work ~ thank goodness I have the weekend off. I think I am going to sleep all day on Sat. as tired as I am .

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

oh yeah i forgot...I HAVE TOMORROW OFF ...woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo LOL
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:47 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6

GOOD MORNING!! Did not workout yet today...hopefully will get one in later. Got two cakes to do today & lots of laundry/straightening up. Being really good on eating. Still waiting for TOM, so have not weighed...will wait till after I get it.

Hope you all have a great day. Will check in later on a break!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! Congratulations on the time off Lisa and GG. Sounds like you have some stuff to keep busy today, Pam. Welcome to our newbie!!

I am not sure of what I will be doing today - we have a busy weekend, so I thought we might take it easy today. There is a grocery store in town that has a lot of their meat buy one, get one free, so DS and I might head there today. Just waiting for Mickey Mouse to be over and then am doing a step workout if DS will let me have the step - he likes it too!

Have a good day everyone!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:52 AM   #6  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

I will not lie - I have a horrible migraine (thanks to TOM) and I can't read all the posts today. I'll be back tomorrow if this headache's gone.

I hope you all have an amazing day!
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

I am glad it is Friday!!! Tonight is my friend's bridal shower and then nothing else has been planned for the weekend which sounds heavenly.

Hanna-I was just reading through yesterday's post. I am really sorry that the man was so obnoxious. A lot of times they have very little training. I actually ignore a lot of what social services says as far as how I am supposed to teach the student. I had one call at the beginning of the week and try to tell me how to do my job. I just shook my head. They spend maybe 30 minutes a month with the child and they are supposed to know what to do. Never mind I had to do 2 plus year of schooling and they did none for dealing with children who have significant behavior probelms. I am glad your DH called and complained. I am lucky because my principal and the foster parents support me with this child. I am sending hugs your way, you have a difficult job and it sounds like you do it with gusto.

To everyone else have a great day!!!!

Jasmine
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Argh, I hate my mouse here, it's got little buttons on the side and I'm lefty and my ring finger keeps hitting them which makes me go back a page, and lost my post!

Job is OK soo far. Keep reminding myself that I knew boss was an evil witch going into it and somehow that helps. Boss is working from home today, so a litte less stress.

Hanna, hope you had a nice, stress free relaxing day yesterday!

Megan, Feel better!!

Dawn, If he'll let you have the step!

GG, How nice of DH!! Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

Gotta run, see ya' later!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #9  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

I LOVE MODERN MEDICINE!!!!!!!!

Guys, I feel probably 30-40% better today! It's been 2 weeks and I'm finally seeing the light at the end of this long, dreary tunnel!!! Now I just need to catch up on the two weeks of housework I've been slacking on. I have a husband and two kids....you can imagine the size of the bomb that it looks like hit my house.

DH was being a good husband last night and he fried chicken for supper (yes, I was not good yesterday...) and now I get to clean up the mess today. He cleaned up NOTHING...I don't know about you guys, but when we fry chicken, it makes a rather large mess. I guess he just knew I'd feel like cleaning it up today! I should be ashamed of myself for talking about him that way....He really was trying to help. He worked all day, came home and got the kids, took them to the store with him to get my meds for me and then he came home and cooked. I know he was tired. I have an awesome husband.

Hoping I can stay on track today.....atleast better than I have been.

ekstatikia, I too am plagued with migraines. I hope you feel better today.

Well all, hope everyone has a GREAT day today! Happy Friday! weekend!!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 01-11-2008 at 09:37 AM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:42 AM   #10  
KAR

TGIF!!! Need I say more. It sure has been a very long week. I am so looking forward to the weekend. But I have been good with working out and eating properly all week long. So that is a step in the right direction.
Sounds like you all have been very busy too this week! For the ones who have tomorrow off, enjoy. For all the ones who don't feel healthy at the moment I hope you start feeling better soon.
Sorry I don't have time to personally chat with everyone. So that's why this appears to be a general post to everyone at the moment. Will chat with you all later.
Have a great Friday!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' All,

GG ~ enjoy your day off tomorrow with your honey. He sounds like a one fine dude.
Lisa ~ Girl, you deserve a break. Any more news about the other job? Enjoy your day off tomorrow too.
Pam ~ busy baker lady... Sometime post pics of your work ~ we'd love to see it.
Delta ~ how old is your little one? I take it that he's at that age of constant movement LOL ~ enjoy!
Megan ~ sorry about the migraine. Do heavy duty drugs help? My sis gets migraines but she hates taking the medicine to get rid of them. The headache goes away but she feels lethargic and drugged for 2 or 3 days afterwards.
Jasmine ~ have fun with the shower tonight. Having one of a Friday night is a great idea.
Lauren ~ you *knew* that she was an evil witch beforehand??? What makes her so awful?
Diana ~ I'm so glad that you're feeling better today. Hopefully, each day you'll see more improvement. LOL at your frying chicken story. I haven't fried chicken since I was a teenager living at my folks home. It's just not worth the mess. We hardly ever eat it although I do love it. Sometimes when we're traveling we stop at KFC ~ what a treat.
Kerry ~ hang in there girl. Last day of the week. Sounds like you're doing great with your morning workouts.

Someone asked when is the best time of day to workout. Everyone is different and you need to do what works best for you. I prefer to workout in the morning but last fall I had to give that up as my back/body was so achey in the morning because of medicine that I was taking (Accutane). I started walking in the evening instead. I miss my morning workout as it made me feel more energetic thru out the day. Plus, it seemed to help put me in a better frame of mind. However, I've now gotten used to my evening walk and I like it. I think about my day and sort of de-stress. I also sleep so good after the fresh air and exercise.

Excellent day on this end. I went out for coffee with some other moms after dropping my two oldest off at school. Today is my little one's birthday (#5) and MIL is coming by shortly to take her out to shop for her gift and take her out to lunch. I'm taking the opportunity to go to Kohl's (I've got coupons burning a hole in my pocket LOL), Target, party store to pick up balloons, etc., etc... Hope that everyone has a good one ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hello Everyone

I did really well yesterday on getting back on track, with eating and doing my workout. I ran/ walked for 45 min., then did my weights and toning for another 45min. I didn't want to quit. I was only able to do it cause all the kids were gone. Hubby is home again today, and has this big plan for our day but I just want to do my shopping, finish my housework and get my workout in. I had planned on doing some of my pilates and workout shows that I tivo'd but DH is on the tv playing PS3 right now. So, I may have to hurt him to get my stuff done.

Alicia, My DD plays basketball she's in 8th grade, she also runs cross country in the fall, she used to play softball but she wanted to focus on her running and b-ball throughout the summertime. She's so darn skinny, makes me want to puke.

Gotta go pick up lil sis from preschool, I'll check in later. Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #13  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

Well i am new ....again .... lol

Doing good this morning, been watching what I eat, and HOW much I eat . Which is MY big problem, not what I so much but the Amount. ( Overeater)

But I stud on the scale this morning and the scale said 170, so I guess I lose a few... not sure wether its water, or not so I told myself I only update the Ticker once a week...

Anyways, we had a BIG HEAVY Drop of Snow here, so kids have school.

Then its weekend WohOOooo

I wish you all a WONERFUL Weekend !!
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #14  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Good morning everyone,
Just a general post today as I am busy with life. I will be glad for the week to be done, tired of making lunches and doing homework with kids. My DD , has a basketball tournament all weekend and I'm so excited. I love watching my kids play their sports, I am they're biggest cheerleader.
This will result in a team dinner/lunch, which I need to plan for, so I can stay on track, which I slipped off of yesterday( a little).
I need to do some homework today and I am in need of a nap b/c there will be no sleeping in this weekend.
Hope everyone has a great day!
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #15  
Fighting to Lose

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi all,

Yeah it's friday. Husband has to work all weekend but I get to sleep in. I can't wait. I worked out yesterday for 45 minutes and I plan to do the sam today when daughter goes down for rest time. I enjoy my me time. With 2 kids I don't get it very often. It snowed here last night and it is snowing again. I start school on Monday so I am getting ready to be busy again.

Talk to you all later
fightingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote