Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 11:55 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Lightbulb Thursday Chatters

Hello All,

Our last thread was getting very long.

For anyone new to the forum, you are welcome to join us.

This day after Christmas was very quiet and relaxing. I didn't care about shopping. I have what I want and don't want to spend extra money.
I found some of my Thanksgiving turkey in the freezer. I was never so happy to see turkey. I thawed it out for our supper.

Tammy, it sounds like you had a great celebration today. And, I'm glad your pizza turned out to be a hit. That's funny about the gift you gave your aunt. I guess she will get the hint that you really enjoy her pies.

Everyone have a great rest of the week. There's not much left of it.

Tina
Old 12-27-2001, 09:14 PM   #2  

I get blood test results in the morning from the doctor. I'm kind of nervous, but I'll just have to deal with whatever he tells me.

Tim has basketball practice in the morning from 8-10. They are scrimmaging the high school girls team. Could be interesting.

Anyone doing anything special for New Year's Eve?
We might go to my brother's house for a little while, but the majority of the evening we will be home with our annual shrimp tray!

I just finished Journey by Danielle Steel. Very good book. I got it for Christmas.
Old 12-27-2001, 10:06 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Hello,

On New Year's Eve, we will go out to eat and maybe go to a movie. One year recently, we went to a party but don't really care about doing that.
I'd like to see the new movie starring Meg Ryan.

Tammy, I had forgotten about your Red Lobster shrimp traY!
We don't have a Red Lobster around here anymore.

Today we went to Galveston (the beach). My husband took this week as vacation. (He's never done this before.) We drove down around noontime. It took 45 minutes. It was very cool but fun. I love to watch the seagulls.
Tomorrow, he will work on the front of the house. He's having to replace some rotting boards. I will go make a BIG purchase of a couple pair of panty hose. Otherwise, it should be another fun and relaxing day.

I imagine that Susan is having a good time with her family.

Oh, Tammy, tell Tim to go easy on those girls tomorrow.
Old 12-28-2001, 09:32 PM   #4  

How could you stand the excitement of buying panty hose? That's too much for my heart!!!! LOL

I love to watch the seagulls when we go to Michigan each summer. They can be so funny! It can also be very peaceful to watch them if there aren't lots of people around.

My cousin lives around Dallas somewhere and she keeps asking us to come for a visit. If we ever make it that far, I'd love to get together with you Texans!

With Bob not sure about a job, it's hard to tell if we'll be going anywhere next summer.

The 8th grade boys beat the H.S. girls team. Tim had fun. A couple of the H.S. boys were the referees and they know Tim. They were calling fouls on him just because it was him. They even admitted that he didn't foul, but they love to tease him! Poor kid.

Blood test results were great! Glucose, cholesterol, and triglycerides were all lower than last year at this time. Dr. was pleased. My BP and heart rate were up today though. He wants me to stop in once a month for a weight check and a BP check. Oh boy. I think that means I need to lose more than the 13 that I've lost, don't you?
Old 12-28-2001, 10:32 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, your blood test results were great!!!! I'm so happy for you. You know, your heart rate and bp were probably up because you were nervous about the test results. Doctors never take such things into consideration. I reallyl don't think they understand that we actually get nervous at times like this.

One time a dentist seemed mad at me because I was nervous. Go figure!
Tammy, you just have to get down to Texas. That would be so great.

Panty hose--I never got around to getting them. We took sandwiches to the park and enjoyed the Spring-like weather. That's right----it was 76 degrees today. That's Houston for you.

Everyone, take it easy this weekend.
Tina
Old 12-29-2001, 09:53 PM   #6  

With windchill tonight, it is supposed to be below zero. I do not like cold weather. I haven't been out of the house all day. Too nice inside to go out!!! LOL

I may get brave and go out to go to church in the morning, but that's not a for sure thing. Pretty bad, aren't I?

Tim is at a basketball game. He's supposed to call from the school when they get home so one of us can go pick him up. He is keeping stats for the h.s. team.
Old 12-29-2001, 11:32 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

I am very sad tonight. My only aunt passed away this morning. She was my mother's sister-in-law, but they were more like sisters. The funeral will be on Wednesday. The weather report says it will be ice and snow. Wouldn't you know it. The one time we might have snow will be the day of the funeral.

Please remember my family in your thoughts and prayers.

Tina
Old 12-31-2001, 03:24 PM   #8  
Susan

Hi I'm back!!

It was fun but glad to be home!! THis is going to be very short, just got in and getting ready to leave again to go with Pat to play tonight. We normally stay home for New Year's Eve!! I'll write more tomorrow.

Tina, I'm very sorry about your aunt!! Hopefully the weather will hold out.

Tammy, I'm north of Dallas so come on!!!!!!!!

Have a safe evening!

susan
Old 01-01-2002, 05:38 PM   #9  
Thursday Lady

Happy New Year!

I hope all had a safe New Year's Eve.

Tammy, how was the shrimp tray?

Dee, what did you do?

Susan, welcome back!
We want to hear all about your trip. How was Pat's band last night?
We went out to eat and then to see "Kate & Leopold." It was pretty good.
It's been sleeting this afternoon. The temp is above freezing and that helps it not accumulate. It'll still be very, very cold tomorrow morning when my aunt is buried.
I have no idea what I will wear to stay warm. A few month's ago, I gave away my one wool skirt. (I hadn't worn it in years, so why keep it.)

Everyone stay safe. And, let's all get with it in 2002.

Tina
Old 01-01-2002, 08:25 PM   #10  

What part of Texas??

Rory

I'm a newbie trying to get started.

Last edited by Rory; 01-01-2002 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-01-2002, 10:32 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Welcome, Rory!!!!
Another Texan---that's great!
I live in Houston and Susan is up your way.
The members of our thread are from all over the States and from Canada.

Please tell us something about yourself. We're very glad to have you join us.

Okay, it's still sleeting tonight. Brr.....
I just know I will freeze at the cemetary tomorrow.

Tina
Old 01-03-2002, 01:04 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Happy 2002 !!!

Anyone have any resolutions for the new year???
You know, I always make some; but, this time I guess I forgot all about it.
I will lose the weight I gained after leaving my job last year. I can't believe I let myself gain almost 10 pounds. I know that I was upset but never have turned to food in stressful times. Guess there's always a first time, huh.

What are the teachers doing their last days before going back to school?

Tina
140 new goal
Old 01-03-2002, 07:22 PM   #13  
Susan

Welcome Rory! This is a great group to join if I say so myself!!!

Well, it got down to 8 degrees last night at my house. The news said it was 13 degrees in McKinney but I live out a little and it was even colder. Brrrrr!!! How was it down your way, Tina??

Well, I'm just being a bum and trying to stay warm my last few days. I finished a book, of course a love story. Tomorrow I'm going for a manicure and pedicure. What are you doing, Tammy?

Pat's band was great New Year's Eve! The food was gross, I was expecting sports bar food and they had turkey and mashed potatoes. So I didn't over eat since I only had a salad. I had a lot of fun.

I'm not making a resolution this year. I'm just going to try my best and be proud of my success.

Did everyone have a wonderful holiday?

Susan
Old 01-04-2002, 01:27 AM   #14  
Thursday Team

I had a great New Years Eve....drank and danced, and partied. New Year's Day, and Wed, and Thur, I have been sick with the flu..and so has my daughter...oh what fun!! NOT!... Other then that I am doing fine, managed to work this morning.

WooHoo!! I have running water again...It got so cold here last night that my pipes froze, and I didnt have any water this morning. Good thing I was running late anyways and didnt have time to need any...LOL. But Fri is suppose to be in the 40's so that should be nice.

Tina, sorry about your aunt. Hope you are doing ok.

Welcome Rory to the thread!!

Sounds like a great Resolution you have there Susan! Just do your best, be your best, and enjoy life.

I should get to bed....have a great day all.
Dee
Old 01-04-2002, 10:41 AM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Happy Friday!
Dee, I'm sorry you and your daughter had the flu. Hope you are both feeling lots better. No water-----yuk! My husband wrapped all the outside pipes a few days ago. One year, a pipe to our dishwasher broke. When I ran it, boy what a mess in the kitchen! I don't have any idea how that pipe broke if others that were exposed didn't. Go figure!

Rory, how are you doing?

Dawn, hang in there!

Sis, haven't heard from you in awhile. How was your New Year's Eve?

Susan, the temp at the airport yesterday was 21. It was 27 inside the loop where we live. It was below freezing again this morning but don't know the number. Brrr......... It was really cold at your house.
I also like your resolution for this year.

Tammy, are you snowed in? Are y'all going to have one last "fling" before school starts back on Monday?

Thank you all for your concern at my aunt's passing.

Tina
Closed Thread