Old 06-28-2007, 01:33 PM   #1  

Default July weight loss challenge

Hi all

We will be starting our new fresh month this weekend and boy am I ready! This will be our 6th month running and we will consistently continue ,though I feel that breaking it down on a monthly manner and taking things step by step can be very helpful for many of us.

I h ope to see everyone here from previous months as well as anyone who would like to join us, jump in and join us anytime! Those of you who may have been away awhile due to life circumstances, busy summer or whatever the case may be......hope to see you! come back ! miss you all and we start a fresh new month! Also, although the thread is titled "weight loss challenge" please don't let a goal of "maintenance" for the month (due to summer vaca's, breaks, etc. the list goes on...) stop you from joining in. Maintenance is part of healthy living and eating.

My goal for the month of July will be to lose 10 lbs. This month I did not have a loss and last month a small one so basically I view it as a stabilization of my current loss and have stabilized the loss for some time so I feel that a 10 lb. loss given my current status, etc. is attainable....though of course with diligence on plan. MY plan consists of low fat proteins (fish and chicken mainly) and a beef allowance 1x per week , fruits and veggies and limited carbs. (particularly elimination or very restricted whites).

I am going to go back to weighing in weekly and on MOndays again as I found this was very helpful to me, I will begin my weigh in on july 9 and continue with a weekly monday weigh in through the course of the month. Please keep in mind ladies that any way or even how you weigh in (if at all, some of you may prefer measures, etc.) is strictly personal preference and whatever you feel works best for you. OUr ultimate goal here is to support one another during our journey of various plans and goals and essentially healthy eating and living! : ) LEt's get ready I am excited about our new month. Have a super day everyone, looking forward to seeing you all here and meeting new team members as well
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:59 PM   #2  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Heya!

I'm down for July too!! I am going to shoot for 5 pounds for the month of July...I haven't weighed myself for the past two weeks so god knows how much I really weigh...I feel good, I feel I look good and I guess that's what counts...but I really want to hit 125 at least....That would bring me 1 pound shy of my goal...(just like I was 1 pound shy in May) for June.

I'm off on vacation in the middle of july (SO FRICKIN EXCITED!) so a realistic goal of 2 -3 pounds by the July 12th will do me just fine.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:19 PM   #3  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I'm here I'm here! I am going to miss my June Goal by a couple of pounds, but I will wait till Sunday to make it official JUST IN CASE there is a miracle LOL.

I want to shoot for 10 pounds. I want to really work hard this time. I feel like a slacker lately..I really shouldn't have lost any weight this month the way I have eaten lol.

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 06-29-2007 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Confusing wording.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:48 PM   #4  
lost in translation

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4

May I join the challenge? I'd love to get down to 140 by the end of july which would be about 5 lbs. It will be so good to have to be accountable for my weight for once!!
mariarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #5  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

I'm definitely in!! I am currently 161 and would like to drop 11 lbs by the end of july to 150!

Good luck to you all!
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:47 PM   #6  
focus creates results

Hola girls!

I bit the bullet and stepped on the scale this morning!! and (drumroll please!) it read 125! One pound shy of my June goal! Woooo! I totally feel like I rock today...(Pardon me singing my own praises!). I finally feel like a hot Mom and I just love it!

I took the kids and my mother in law out for a stroll at our local mall. It was just nice to get out...

I'd like to append my July goal and shoot for 8 pounds again!!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:14 PM   #7  
I have less blubber!

Congrats Lekhika! I bet it feels good to reach a goal. I keep finding myself a little bit short of my goals each month, but I gotta keep trying!

I am hoping to see one more pound gone before Sunday. I have started working out again (after a month long absence due to Maximus Laziness disease) and I forgot how good it feels to workout. I always feel so refreshed when I finish a workout!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:16 PM   #8  
I have less blubber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariarose View Post
May I join the challenge? I'd love to get down to 140 by the end of july which would be about 5 lbs. It will be so good to have to be accountable for my weight for once!!
Anyone can join

This place has done wonders for my accountability. It's nice to feel like other people actually care about your progress and want to see you suceed!

Welcome to July
Old 06-29-2007, 03:32 PM   #9  
focus creates results

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
This place has done wonders for my accountability. It's nice to feel like other people actually care about your progress and want to see you suceed!
Exactly! AND people won't be all down on you if you fall off the wagon because they have been down that road too. I just adore the support I get here and I don't know where I would have been without it!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 319/ticker/190

Height: 5'7"

Hi, all!
I'd like to join in, too. I've just scrambled back on the band wagon, so I'm going to keep my goal small. Everyone seems to be shooting for 5 pounds, so I will too.

First step in a long journey.

Susan
miradoblackwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: h206/s190/ticker/g145

Height: 5'5

i'm doing it again this month. june i lost 5 lbs 1 lb shy of my goal. i would like to be 165 by aug 1 so 7 lbs for me.
50lbs2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #12  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Oh I want in also, though I am going to shoot for 10 pounds this month. As I am just starting back up, weighed yesterday and lost 2 more pounds so I will start at 280 for July.
Ladies start your engines
Anna
flawlesscube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:38 PM   #13  
Hunnasgirl

S/C/G: 249/249/155

Height: 5'8"

Pick me! Pick me! I have been hoping that I would see a July challenge soon! I am getting a head start and beginning my diet TODAY! I really need the accountability of this challenge to stick with this because I have been struggling to stay on track. I have been bingeing for months now and the scale has been creeping up - BUT NO MORE!

My goal for July is 13 pounds. That would put me at 220 - I cannot remember the last time I weighed 220. I really think that we can do this - good luck!
hunnasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:48 PM   #14  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

My challenge for July is:

I want to loss at least 5lbs this month

When my WATP tape comes in do it 5 times a week

Pull my resistance bands back out and use them at least 3 times a week for toning and strength training.

By the end of July be able to do 30 crunch in one sitting and 20 push up in one sitting every sitting.

And last but not least keep my calories between 1400-1500 with good food.
need2loseinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:03 AM   #15  
I have less blubber!

Hey ladies! I am getting excited about my weigh in tomorrow. I must have burned over 9,000 calories yesterday LOL..Not really but I did burn 3,000 total. I was moving furniture upstairs (ick) and I also had to dig all of the flowers out of our flowerbed because no one had taken care of it and the weeds had killed most of the flowers. Considering it was 95 degrees yesterday NO FUN!!!

I hope everyone is ready to kick some butt!