Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat ~ February 26 - March 4

good morning gang

how's everybody doing today?

I got up at 5 am and did 2 miles before getting ready for work

now I'm at work and gotta get busy

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:13 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Cathy WHOOT!!! to you. Thats awesome

Well its Monday... and I'm gonna try my best to low carb it this week Wish me luck lolol

How is everyone today? we got some snow last night but the plowers did such a great job with the roads, you'd never know it snowed LOLOL **SMOOCH** to them.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 244.5/238/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi all,

I'm new here, and afraid of committing to sugar withdrawal. I have to lose weight for my emotional and physical well-being (my doc mentioned high blood pressure meds for the first time last week), but I've been eating so much sugar for months now that I'm scared to go through a day without it. No school today (I'm a teacher) because of the the big ice/snow storm this weekend, so I'm headed to the gym (for the first time in a month) after I post this.

Hope to get to know you all better, and to give and receive support.
irishharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 244.5/238/160

Height: 5'7"

Just back from the gym (yay!) with a question for y'all. How do you add the special short-term trackers at the end of your messages? I thought maybe you did it the same way as adding the long-term tracker, but can't find the happy little shamrock line for St. Patrick's Day, or how to label it as a short-term goal. Can you help? Thanks!
irishharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

good morning gang

I'm glad to report that I did 2 miles again this morning

Leenie - how did you do yesterday with your low carb efforts? is it still snowing up there?

Irishharper - Welcome! it's nice to meet you! congrats on making it to the gym yesterday! how was your workout? sorry I don't have one of those tracker things so I'm no help with that. Leenie may be able to help with that when she posts today.

And where is the rest of our chicks? and what's everybody up to? I'm taking my boss' wife to lunch today for her birthday. She wants to go to Olive Garden so I'm thinking about salad and a few breadsticks (of course).

Hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 135/132/95

Height: 4' 9 1/2 "

Hi,I'm new. I've posted a few times here & there. I'm not really sure what I'm doing yet, & I can't figure out how to post the weight tracker.
Katz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:54 AM   #7  

So far i'm having the best day (eating wise) then I have the last few days, got up had a coffee and cereal, and for lunch I had a jacket potato with tuna mayo, just hope I keep it up the rest of the day, im feeling very positive tho
ClaireMarie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/150

Height: 5'8"

Good afternoon, all. I figured I'd jump right in. I've been dealing with a lot of depression lately. It's hard for me to even admit that I'm depressed because generally I am a happy person, but I've been really down lately about my weight. I suppose the first step is admitting that yes, I have a weight problem. How do you guys get over the slump? I'm trying to read up on positive affirmations to see if this won't help a bit.
deedledee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/175

Height: 5 7"

Hello all,

I am pretty new too, woke up on time for once. This is day two of WW and I hopeing too stick to it this time. I have been so unhappy with my apperance lately, so I eally want to stick to it. I really do not want to go through another summer overweight, HOT and sweaty. SO this is day two wish me luck !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mama of two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama of two View Post
Hello all,

I am pretty new too, woke up on time for once. This is day two of WW and I hopeing too stick to it this time. I have been so unhappy with my apperance lately, so I eally want to stick to it. I really do not want to go through another summer overweight, HOT and sweaty. SO this is day two wish me luck !!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's sending many good vibes your way. We can do this!!
deedledee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Hi all I am back. For those of you who don't know me, I have been gone for a while. I have let my weight creep back up to within two pounds of my highest weight. I am back on track now though. I have eaten right for counting today 3 days and I have also exersised those days. I am an all or nothing kind of girl unfortunately. I do need to learn that if I fail at one ie eating then the exersise does not need to go. I have not been doing as bad in the no exersise department since I left. I am at least getting some a couple of times a week, but I have now recommited and even made up a menu. On top of that my DH is ready to lose weight himself so we are able to do it together this time. Anyway that is all I have to say for now.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

The Depression has been hitting me hard lately, not sure if its hormones or what but I can barely get myself out of bed or off the couch........

I am taking my Wellbutrin, like I'm supposed too, its the same dosage, etc, maybe it just takes time to get back into my system since I was on Budeprion XL (generic Wellbutrin XL) for one month. So I will give it time and if no change, I will discuss it with my dr.

I hope you all are doing well.

Back to work for me Thursday Night.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:53 AM   #13  

Hi everybody. I'm new here, but I figured I'd just jump in and say hello.

Anxiety/Depression have been a part of my life for a long time (although, I'm off all of my medications now). I know that losing the weight and changing my habits will help them both considerably. It's just hard sometimes, ya know? Sometimes, I feel so lethargic, it's such a struggle to try to exercise... but I'm gonna do my best from this point on! That's a personal promise!

Nice to meet everyone!!
Daisypeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:21 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WOWOWEEE

Hold on girls, I'll be back later to do personals.... lookie at all the new faces LOVE IT !!!!!

(boss is here brb)
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 135/132/95

Height: 4' 9 1/2 "

Hey everybody, I can't believe after all I've said & done, I had a binge yesterday. I just couldn't stop myself. I guess I didn't do as much damage as I normally would. Now that I've mentioned it maybe I'll feel better about it. I've worked so hard this week, but I won't give up.
Katz3 is offline   Reply With Quote