Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 10:13 AM   #46  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I spent the weekend doing stuff around the house too. I put up new shelves and got rid of some cabinets in the living room and freed up a ton of space. It's so open now, I love it.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #47  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Amazing what a few small changes can do, isn't it?
Old 05-26-2006, 09:48 AM   #48  

Good morning everyone!

Well here I am on Friday stressing about what to wear to a wedding tomorrow . It's in the evening so I think formal but it's in a small town in the country so I'm thinking casual - argh! I guess I will have to find somethign in between - I better figure it out soon!

Then there is the stress of the wedding food! I think I will eat something small and healthy before I go so I don't load up at the party.

Anyone else got plans for the weekend?
Old 05-26-2006, 10:20 AM   #49  
geeky pagan chick

oooh, a wedding sounds fun. No big plans for me this weekend. It's a three dayer down here though, so that will be super nice. We might make an appearance at my sister's bbq on Monday... if I'm feeling up to dealing with her boyfriend.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:27 PM   #50  
Pending Email Confirmation

speaking of dealing with people... *LOL* i am spending today with my friend helping her put her house together (read: clean the messy dump up *L*) and then my mother in law is going to suck what's left of my soul out of me on saturday... we're planning a graduation party for the youngest sibling. and then i get to work on sunday - but have monday off... and i may take monday just to recoop *L*
Old 05-26-2006, 04:22 PM   #51  

Geeze liziness - you are a busy lady!

Tani - I take it the boyfriend is not one of your favourite people then?
Old 05-27-2006, 12:38 AM   #52  
geeky pagan chick

Mauv, yeah.... He's not a bad guy, just the type who likes to push people's buttons and get them all riled up for what passes for fun. :P I'm trying to make an extra effort to play nice though, now that my niece or nephew is on the way.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:28 AM   #53  

ugh, i know the type tani. i totally married him! *LOL*

today was tiring. but we got a room done. it makes me sad to know that people buy houses and don't treat them with respect when i'm stuck in an apartment. grr.

here's to a fun filled in lawed tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:33 AM   #54  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

How was the wedding Mauvais?
lizziness - I hope you can recoup tomorrow
Tani - Good luck with the bf. People like that can be very aggravating.

Doing well here. Going to see X-Men soon. I can't wait. Then Sis#1's birthday lunch. Tomorrow is the family picinic, just my aunts, uncles & cousins. Not too many people. In between, I am working on cleaning my house. But now I have a purpose. I am looking for a new job and plan on moving. Makes cleaning the house completely different.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:11 PM   #55  

So, for the holiday we didn't want to do his or my family.. so we bucked up bought a grill and we're going to do our own BBQ at home and not tell anybody. hehehe. talk about anti-social. it should be nice though, a long day watching movies and eating yummy food. i can't wait.

i somehow survived the last few days though i must say i am exhausted! some people just take it right out of you.

squeak- good luck with the job hunt, i sure know how hard it can be. hubby has been trying literally for years to find a better job. i looove moving. it's so nice to pack everything up and throw away things you don't need and start all over. such a great feeling to move into a place and get to put everything in order. (maybe i'm just weird)
Old 05-28-2006, 09:46 PM   #56  

good luck with the job hunt Squeak!

The wedding was nice but I had to sit through several hours of country music at the reception which was not my cup of tea. I had a headache by the time we left. It was nice seeing all of DH's relatives and catching up with them.

I spent four hours gardening today - I hurt!
Old 05-29-2006, 09:39 AM   #57  

Beautiful morning today!

I'm a bit stiff from the gardening yesterday but I'm glad I did it as I now have an herb garden and my tomato plants are in!

I was hoping to do some more tonight but I have to study for a French exam I 'm taking this week.

Tani- did you make it to the BBQ - how was it?
Old 05-30-2006, 11:23 PM   #58  

had a nice slow memorial day, relaxing. read for a while. watch the boys put together a gas grill (that was amusing). we weighed the evils of having a day w/ my family or his and opted to just buy a grill and have our own quiet day to ourselves. It was wonderful!
I was able to return to work relaxed and it's nice to know my week is already half over. yay.
anybody else do anything for memorial day?
Old 05-31-2006, 12:48 PM   #59  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Does working on my budget count?

DH had to leave for work Mon at 4 am - but he usually leaves Sun so he got an extra day off which was nice.

Didnt do anything special just our usual weekend activities. I had to laugh at Lizz - DH and I have the same attitude - not that we dont we like our families - they arent too close - but we ditched friends to just be alone. We could have went to a BBQ on Sat but passed.

Anyway - good luck to Squeakers job hunt and hope you recover from gardening Mauv.

Howdy to everyone else - been eves dropping.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:13 PM   #60  
geeky pagan chick

We survived memorial day as well. At least I *thought* we did. Then I woke up this morning to the sound of my husband being repeatedly sick. Poor guy. Upon talking to my sister a little while ago, it turns out that her boyfriend's daughter had a stomach bug on Sunday. Knock on wood that nobody else brought it home from the bbq.
Closed Thread