Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 10:40 AM   #16  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I love my new hairdresser to death. After a long stint of letting mine grow out for long periods between random cuts, I finally found someone I clicked with again. She puts lots of gunk in my hair, but only because I ask her to. It's pretty short and spikey these days (at least in the back) so gunk is appropriate

She also taught me to store spray wax upside down to keep it from clogging all the time, greatly increasing my morning sanity.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:38 PM   #17  
Imperfections = beauty.

I've been with my hairdresser for about 8 years- he has NEVER failed me or my crazy colors! Currently, my hair is half black and half blonde (blonde is on the bottom). The cut is never the same. Sometimes I grow it out, sometimes it's short. I love short hair, it's so much easier to maintain. I have a really choppy haircut at the moment and looks great when it's flat ironed. I'm right there with you Tani- if it wasn't for gunk, I would have messy hair.

So how are you all doing this fine day? Hopefully everyone's eating and exercising is going swell. My lady bought me a brand new mountain bike, so we're getting ready to hit the trails this weekend. I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:18 PM   #18  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Having a great day today! Went out with my boss on office business with the bank and then he took me out for lunch. We sat on a in the sun on a patio at the restaurant - gorgeous day!

I was very good too - had a grilled chicken salad and a club soda with lime so I ate on plan!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 04-21-2006, 09:56 AM   #19  

Gorgeous day out today!

big plans for the weekend include taking some toxic chemicals and paint cans to the special disposal site as they are doing a blitz this weekend, grocery shopping and visiting with my god daughter.

Hope you all have a good weekend!
Old 04-23-2006, 07:14 PM   #20  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

How was everyone's weekend?

I am doing ok. Busy last week with being in training 3 days last week, and still with enough work to do for a full week.

Easter was ok. I did find out a family member is going to Iraq. So it wasn't to happy. Otherwise, it was a nice family gathering. Lots of people, lots of food.

This weekend my sister(#2) and I took our nephew to the Science Museum. It was a lot of fun. I hadn't been in years.

Now, I am just trying to get some cleaning done, and work on a number of half done projects. I am determined to get myself organized one of these days.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:37 PM   #21  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Had a great weekend myself - weather was awesome!

This Thursday I am driving to Portland - ick - to take some belongings to my aunt and to visit mom and dad. Looks like nice weather in the forecast so I wont have to drive in the rain - yah.

My friend is going with me so I dont have to drive alone - DH would go - but he drives all the time and has as many projects as me. So I let him off this time - even though it was his big mouth that got it in my aunts head that we would bring her some of her stuff - of course he was thinking end of may - and she was thinking right away. I put it off till now so I wouldnt have to go alone.

What sucks is my baby horse is due anyday and will likely be born while I am in Portland so I wont be able to imprint on the baby until I get back - thats ok though as long as it is sooner than later and I am leaving the camcorder for DH just in case.

My friend in Albany is also due any day - so I may be making a pit stop if she has her baby this weekend.

That is all that is new - Hi to everyone!!

Trish
Old 04-26-2006, 01:52 PM   #22  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Talking New Baby Born Wed 4-25-06

My baby horse was born yesterday - too cute - no name yet -has heart on his face and a pedigree longer than my legs.

You can see a short 4 sec vid of him on MySpace.com/plj33 - you have to be a member to see the pics - but the video is on the main page and very clear.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:58 PM   #23  

That's great Trish! Glad he was born healthy with no complications.

It's overcast, rainy and chilly here again- for the 5th day in a row
But I did force myself to go for a walk at lunch time

Looking forward to this evening as some friends are coming over for supper - should be fun!
Old 04-28-2006, 09:31 AM   #24  

I was feeling a bit low yesterday - crummy weather, work, etc. But I was in Chapters at lunch time looking at craft books when I heard a male voice behind me say - "That girl has beautiful hair"- I looked up and realized he had beentalking about me

That made me feel good on two counts 1) the nice comment on my hair and 2) the fact that he referred to a 38 yr old as "girl" - tee hee!

It certainly boosted my morale!

I feel better today just because the sun is finally shining after 5 days of rain/overcast skies

Going to have a busy day tommorow - filing taxes, getting groceries and running errands. We're also hoping to see a movie tomorrow night.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 04-28-2006, 11:14 AM   #25  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hello girls,

I haven't had much time to catch up with y'all. I'm sorry. I do lurk and read a lot.

I loved the chatting about hair (especially your comment in the bookstore, Mauv, nice!). I've always wanted short, pixie hair, but it doesn't look right on me. Oh well!

Everything in my neck of the woods is going well. The Cute Boyfriend and I are planning my 30th birthday in Hawaii. I'm so excited. I've never been. We bought snorkel masks last week and I'm already starting on my list of stuff to pack - and the trip isn't until the end of May.

Work is amazingly busy. I now have THREE women working for me. Remember, this is the job where the girlfriend of the boss was my boss until they promoted me to her position. Yay!

It does mean that my school work has been suffering. I may get my first B ever (gasp!). Oh well, I tell myself it shows future universities that I have character.

I'm thinking about growing my own tomatoes this year. Yum!
Old 05-02-2006, 10:57 AM   #26  

Hawaii! How exciting - lucky you! Sounds like you are great at your job!

I'm in the planning stages of my vacation in August. We are going to Indianapolis again for a gaming convention I'm really looking forward to it!

I watched Oprah yesterday - she did a show with Dr. Oz on heart disease and bad eating habits. I was also reading a book on organic living which talked about how factory animals are raised and treated, all the pestisides used in regular farming methords and Genetically Modified foods -so between the two I feel like I never want to eat again!
Old 05-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #27  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Mauv, whenever I hear a stray hair compliment I assume they're talking about my husband (& usually they are) since his is down to his waist.

mmmmmm I want to plan a vacation
Old 05-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

I went to another hairdressers on Saturday, came out with no product, no blow dry (rough dried) shorter more layered hair and what did I do when I got home ... washed it!!! hahaha

Still I found a better Violet colour hair dye and I'm happy now
Old 05-02-2006, 01:51 PM   #29  

Moo - glad the new doo and dye are working out!

Tani - That used to happen when my Dh had his long, black, naturally wavy hair - I hate it when your guy has better hair than you do! We went to Cuba and the women in the town would come up to him and touch his hair as there weren't many men there with long hair and exclaime "Italiano! (he's part Italian. All I kept thinking was "Grr! Stop touching my husband!"

Woohoo! We are making wine this weekend! We are starting with an apple wine and a rasperry merlot - good summery wines!
Old 05-02-2006, 03:30 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

Thank you Mauv

You just reminded me of a really funny thing that happened about 10 years ago. Other half and I were was huddled over the ATM one evening (little worse for wear!). Now other half had bum length hair and beared more than a passing resemblance to Eddie Vedder *swoons*, anyway whilst we were trying to work out what to do with the buttons on said ATM, a bloke said "ello Darlin", other half turned round as strange beared blokie was grabbing his butt!!! seems blokie had mistaken him for a girl!! hahahahahaha. In the "confusion" I some how managed to take out £200 instead of £20 and had to spend the rest of the evening going round with a wad of cash stuff in my knickers as I was scared I'd loose it
Closed Thread