3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Alternachick November chat! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/68084-alternachick-november-chat.html)

hannah_phi 11-19-2005 11:01 AM

I'm all for the immortality of pets too. I'll keep Emo in my thoughts.

lizziness 11-19-2005 06:30 PM

I can't even imagine what I would do if something were wrong with Emma (my kitty). I'll keep you in my thoughts too...I hope all goes well.
I couldn't wait to decorate for christmas til after the holidays - so I did it last weekend. Sick, huh? :) I don't have much, no tree or anything, just a few little christmas houses and other knickknacks... I am still debating on whether or not to do lights... I live with some grinchy boys afterall.

squeaker 11-21-2005 03:15 PM

Jessica - I hope everything is ok with Emo & your sister.

Lizziness - That's not bad! I plan on dragging my tree up from the basement & get everything at least organized since I plan on being out of town this weekend!

Welcome hathor6!

I am back from my wonderful weekend. We did nothing in particular, but I like doing nothing with the boy. :) Hanging out & watching movies on the couch with him is one of my favorite activities. We haven't seen each other in months, so it was nice. Plus I got called cute & sexy, and that is always nice. ;)

Not much else going on otherwise. Just trying to get my head together & organized.

squeaker 11-24-2005 10:35 AM

:thanks2: :turkey: :happ3: :thanks1:

Happy Thanksgiving!

dentrassi 11-25-2005 01:46 AM

:turkey: :thanks2: :turkey:

:thanks1: :happ3: :thanks1:

ajandpj99 11-28-2005 08:56 AM

Looking toward Christmas

Well ladies, we survived the November Feast - now on to the next.

For some reason my smilies not working?

Anyway - I had an ok holiday. We left here at 730 am on Thursday to drive to Portland to spend the holiday with my family. My aunt that lives down here with us wasnt feeling well and wanted to stay home - she was planning to come to Portland later in December anyway.

So we get to Portland and it is all good, had a couple drinks and played some good music. We danced and ate and then kicked back for a movie.

All was well until about 6 or so when I get a call from my cousin in Texas (the daughter of the aunt that lives here with me) telling me that she just got off the phone with her mom and told her to call 911 do to severe pain caused from an infection. So at this point I feel like an *** for leaving her here alone not that I have any control over her but still.

So aunt calls 911 - it is 2 hrs before I can get a hold of any body down here (I called my buddies from the fire dept at home) to confirm she made it to the hospital.

Then Friday night - her son from Portland shows up at my place down here and I get a call from my neighbor that there is a strange truck coming down my driveway and they were in my aunts house. So then I get that straight but I just felt like I should have just stayed home and looked after her since that is why she moved down here in the first place. Not that her own kids shouldnt feel the need to be here for her - I dont know - it just messed with my head a bit.

So auntie is still in the hospital though last night she did say she was feeling a bit better - she finally got some sleep and the morephine must finally be deadening the pain - of course it has been over a week and the antibiotics are probably finally taking charge of the infection too - but it was good to hear she was getting better.

Monday - ick. Back to work. It was 34 last night with snow above 2000 ft - we are about 800 ft, so you can see the snow on the ridges around us - very cool - about 5 min drive to snow. We are about 2 hrs from Diamond Lake Resort and they opened the tubing hill last Thursday. Woo Hoo.

So that is my drama for the year. Not leaving my home again now until who knows when.

I need to get motivated this week to get decorating. DH is going elk hunting this next weekend at his dads place in Oakridge so I can get everything down from the cabin and decorate next weekend.

TTFN

Trish

MaggieShines 11-28-2005 10:46 AM

Hi, everyone. I've been lurk...lurk...lurking here for a while and am hoping no one minds if I join in. I'm new to this board but not to 3FC ("Slimmin Sistas" under the WW forum) and CERTAINLY not to weight-loss efforts. Been doing THAT for 25 years! I'm at work so I don't have a whole lot of time for an intro right now. I'll quickly say that I've been "trying" to do WW since July and now weigh exactly one pound less than when I started. At one point I had lost 15, but it seems to me that I simply cannot stick to anything that is "official", such as a "diet" plan or even a religion (LOL -- hence, my reason for considering myself an Alternachick). I guess I could best be described as a Christian witch (more about that later, if anyone is interested). As for dieting, I've decided to pretend that I haven't been dieting my whole life and that I am starting out fresh by eating less crap, eating more good foods and exercising regularly and reasonably. Damn... that sounds like it makes so much sense! I'm also re-focusing my attention on getting enough sleep, drinking water, taking my vitamins, generally taking care of myself and nurturing all facets of me -- spirit, mind, body, soul... you know, the holisitic thing! :) You seem like a great bunch of women who are in tune with what I am all about. I look forward to getting to know you.

PS. Goddess, I know how hard it to deal with a beloved pet's health problems, but remember that our pets -- and all our loved ones -- ARE immortal. They live in our hearts even after they've left us physically. Bright blessings to you. :hug:

And Trish... family things can be so icky-sticky. I'm glad your aunt is doing better. Please don't beat yourself up over not being there with her. Life happens, and not one of us can be everywhere all the time.

mauvaisroux 11-29-2005 11:19 AM

jessica- sorry to hear about Emo :grouphug: Hope things get better soon.

sine nomine 12-02-2005 07:13 PM

i'm new here, too, sort of. i posted in this forum a while ago and then went away until i actually got started (that's today). it's a bit intimidating to jump into a place like this where everyone knows each other.

i'm doing optifast (with serious medical supervision and group therapy) and i've got tons of support: friends, my husband, and my girlfriend. my husband and gf are both going on ww while i'm on optifast, and one of my friends at work has said that if i can do this, he can stop smoking, so he's stopping. i feel very lucky to have so much support and encouragement in my life.

i had my first group session last night. it's nice not to have to explain and to have people really understand. i was asked why i'm doing this. i've wanted to lose weight for a while. the final trigger was in september, when my husband and i met up with his mother in rome. i hadn't met her before, and one night over dinner she and her boyfriend very politely grilled me in detail about my weight and how i got so fat. i tried to explain, but they didn't accept anything as a valid explanation. they meant well, but it was excruciating. when i talked abotu it last night, people there understood exactly what i meant.

so anyway, i'm here and jumping in. *splash*

ajandpj99 12-03-2005 11:48 AM

Welcome!

Welcome Sine! (that is funny - welcome sign - get it?) :D
:welcome3:
So glad you decided to chime in.
:gossip:

I dont know if I would have handled the MIL (mother in law) as well as you did. If mine asked me how I got so fat - I would probably say something sarcastic like - "all the stress from having you as an in law caused me to get depressed and gain weight" :p

And what a rude thing to ask anyone? :censored: That is like asking someone how they got to be so stupid? "So did you skip alot of school or were you just stoned the whole time?" That would have been a good retort. :rofl:

Anyway - we all love you and that is all that matters! :hug:

Trish

Rayne33 12-03-2005 12:13 PM

Ahh, Trish .. its nice to see someone else who loves using those cute lil smilies as much as i do !! :high:

And, you are absolutely right! It takes a real idiot to ask someone "how they got so fat?" .. replies, "umm, I have a rare disease my doctor called 'forktomouthdisease', ever heard of it?" :dunno:

Sine, :welcome2: to the board. Today is only my second day and everyone here has been very supportive and kind. I'm sorry you had to go through such an ordeal with your MIL ~ that must have been horrible. But what does not kill us only makes us stronger... People who do not or have never had weight issues in their lives tend to be very ignorant and insensitive about it. I used to work with a guy (who barely weighed 100lbs soaking wet, mind you) who would listen to me vent my frustrations about my weight, only to reply, "well just lose it then and be done with it!" .. I was like, okay .. lemme go put my :mcd: down and go get my :genie: and be "done with it" .. pfft .. if it were only that easy.

But, hang in there! We are all here for you!! :grouphug:

MaggieShines 12-03-2005 12:27 PM

Hey! If someone is handing out :genie: , then I want one too so I can "be done with it!" Lemme know if you find one on e-bay or something, OK Rayne?:rofl:

I think I finally managed to lose a pound. My God, this is gruelling!

Sine, I know how you must have felt during the grilling from your MIL, and what makes it so hard is the fact that, as you say, "she meant well." I once had someone tell me that I'd be a real knockout if I'd "drop a few pounds."
I know he wasn't being mean, but it was hurtful nonetheless. In return I told him he'd be a real knockout if he wasn't so hung up on appearance. :carrot:

(BTW, I love the smilies too. I think my favorite is the dancing nanner -- :cb: -- and this ROFL guy -- :rofl: .

lizziness 12-03-2005 04:02 PM

hmm.. let me count the jackassess that have come across my path. well, when i was still in highschool i had some guy look at my yearbook and see a picture of me in jr high when i was literally anorexic, and then look at me and say "you used to be cute, what the @#$& happened?" Sad thing is - the fatness I thought I had in highschool is about my goal weight now. *LOL*

I also used to work with this guy that once told me to my face "I hate fat people, they are disgusting" well, turns out after a few years, we work together again and he has gained a ton of weight and you know what? I am so happy about it I could do cartwheels. *L* Does that make me a bad person? (we already know i'm 'disgusting')

Those are the two best ones I have, but people really can be so cruel. Someone once said that it's the last prejudice that is acceptable and I think they were right.

Rayne33 12-03-2005 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieShines
Hey! If someone is handing out :genie: , then I want one too so I can "be done with it!" Lemme know if you find one on e-bay or something, OK Rayne?:rofl:

HA ~ I'll keep my eyes open for ya, maybe they'll be on sale this time of year ! lol ;)

:bravo: for losing a pound .. each and every one SHOULD be celebrated!!

:crazy: :sunny: :sumo: :dancer: :cb: <~~ favorites !!

and lizziness ~ to the dude who said "fat people were disgusting" and then BECAME one of "us" ~ "Karma is a b***h!!* Bwahahahahahaha ~:lol3:

ajandpj99 12-03-2005 04:53 PM

:coffee: AAhh Karma, my old friend, they say that revenge is a dish best served cold, sarcasm..., that's cold. :lol:

There is no greater joy in my life than running :dance: across someone I went to school with that was a stick figure :carrot: and had the b***s to say boo about my body (I was so not even as fat then) anyway - then you see them now and its 3 kids and 5 sizes later :moo: - I smile so bright inside that I am sure there are beams shooting out my nose. :sunny: