3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Alternachick November chat! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/68084-alternachick-november-chat.html)

mauvaisroux 11-01-2005 04:37 PM

Alternachick November chat!

Hello everyone!

A bit of a late start today on the new thread but better late than never!

How did everyone's Halloween go? We got about 30 trick or treaters this year which was great cause we only had about 8 last year. Unfortunately we still had some leftover candy but I have tucked it away into a container marked "Movie Treats" which we will take to the theater whenever we go see a movie. That way DH and I will have a small treat and not spend big $. :)

I am doing my meal planning tonight which I have now made part of my regular weekly routine. Then we are going grocery shopping tomorrow night.

I feel so virtuous today, I had a salad for lunch with leftover turkey breast from Sunday's dinner and, even though there is a giant bag of candy in the office, I ate a Fruit To Go Bar as my afternoon snack. :angel:

ajandpj99 11-02-2005 02:46 PM

Hi all!

No candy mongers at my place - must be the pitch blackness of our place - LOL

Anyway - I ate a lot of chocolate last week but I still lost weight so my overall calories were low - just proves you can live on chocolate! Not that I will do that (all gone now anyway).

I really need to plan my meals again - but I seem to be doing ok on calories - just not getting the necessary nutrients. Must be healthy (within reason of course).

So I hope everyone else is ready for the upcoming food season - I like the idea of a food thread - a bit of a confessional - let's call it "Did I eat that?" or something along those lines to confess our treats - not every bite but just the stuff we shouldnt have eaten or that we regret eating or that we ate for the sheer spite of doing so - if you find yourself posting to that thread regularly - you might just see a pattern.

Just my nickle.

Later ladies.

Punkinseed 11-02-2005 03:43 PM

Happy November!

Halloween was very quiet - we've never had trick-or-treaters here, the houses are too far apart (on 5 acre parcels). Poor kids would hit 3 houses in 20 minutes and be pooped! I wish that would mean that I didn't buy candy - but I did. Bad me.... At least one bag was Jr. Mints and I won't inhale those. But the candy really DOES need to go!

I think I'm ready for food season. I hope I'm prepared for it emotionally, with it being the first without my stepdad. My mom wants to eat at a restaurant for Thanksgiving, which I think would be fine. The rest of the holidays though? I donno'...

Took a big breath and got on the scale for the first time in months. Not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm up about 4 pounds. So, now that I've faced the demon scale it's time to get my head screwed back on and get moving. I won't be bikini clad in Fiji next September if I don't get my butt movin' now!

ajandpj - love the confessional thread idea!

Mauvaisroux, planning, I really think planning is a big part of success. Time to break out the Tupperware and get cookin'! Meal time for the single girl can be dangerous - so much easier to have a bowl of mashed potatoes than to fix an actual meal. But if it's planned out? Ooooh, I need to do that!

Til later!

Terri

Tani 11-02-2005 03:59 PM

We never get trick or treaters either. We live one block up the hill from lots of houses... poor darlings don't seem to like to expend the energy on the hill though :P

I need to start planning our dinners again. We've gotten into a rut of having the same 3 or 4 things *all* the time. Time to get out the recipe books and cooking lights and make some new stuff :)

mauvaisroux 11-02-2005 04:57 PM

How about a pigs anonymous thread? We used to have one ages ago and it was a good confessional and funny at the same time :)

I found some great meal planning tools on-line at organizedhome.com. If you go into the menu and scroll down to the printable planners there are free printable forms for pantry & freezer inventories, weekly meal planning and shopping lists. There is also a make ahead freezer meal planner so that you can batch cook and freeze meals. :)

ajandpj99 11-02-2005 05:25 PM

P.I.G.s = Pretty (as in very) Intelligent Girls?

Certainly not annonymous - unless I change my user Id LOL

"I cant believe I ate the whole thing"

or

"Are you sure that Chocolate isnt non-caloric?"

or just plain old "Alternacheaters post your guilt trips here"

lizziness 11-02-2005 06:44 PM

Thanks for the tip, i so need this! It's sometimes hard to keep up a healthier diet when hubby is a penny pincher. He wants to only go to costco once a month. period. and i need some fresh food once in a while darn it! I am so going to try out those tools, Mauv thanks! I am so sick of frozen foods... but with my new work schedule I can't exactly make dinner every day - i work til 9pm! i need to find some crock pot meals i think.
we had only 2 trick or treaters, it was sad They were so adorable though. Guess that's what happens when you live in an upstairs apt and most of the people in your apt complex have a different culture than the standard candy grubbers of america. *LOL* i was kind sad not very many kids, but it was a quiet night. I carved the coolest pumpkin, it was a kitty face and the top i did a paw for the vent for the candle. it was so dang cool... too bad not too many people got to see it. :(
Take care!

Tani 11-03-2005 09:54 AM

Mmmmm I pulled out the crock pot last night and made a big batch of stew. I cooked it over night because we're gone for too long on weekdays to cook while we're at work. It works out well for us to throw the pot in the frig in the morning and then reheat for dinner.

mauvaisroux 11-03-2005 11:48 AM

Oh yeah - I love my crockpot! There are some great crockpot recipes in the WW forum here at 3fc http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...c&daysprune=-1
-you'll have to go into the archive files to find them but there are quit a few :)

I am hoping to make some small (2 person servings) lasagnas, casseroles ect. before for December so we have some easy meals for the holiday rush.

I'd like the confessional thread to be kind of funny - sometimes these things can turn into a moan fest or people beat themselves up too much over stuff - keeping a sense of humour about it better :)

I like the suggested titles so far :D

Dawnlizbeth 11-06-2005 01:00 PM

November Chat

Well, even though I just dropped in I noticed no one has chimed in with a November chat yet. Isn't the weather gorgeous!??? :carrot:
It is here in Virginia at any rate. It's been in the 70's for days!

Tani 11-06-2005 01:47 PM

It's been in the high 40's and raining cats and dogs here for the last 5 days. Although we're having a break this morning (from the rain anyway) :D

GonnaLooseitagain 11-06-2005 01:54 PM

here is it ok. 54 here today sunny and beautiful!!!

Goddess Jessica 11-06-2005 08:19 PM

I had a big fight with the Cute boyfriend. I hate boys sometimes. They make me so mad. Long story short - he was wrong, he recognizes it and apologized but it still hurt my feelings. Sigh.

mauvaisroux 11-07-2005 10:07 AM

there already is a November chat thread so I will merge the two of them :)

FishWoman 11-07-2005 10:56 AM

Wow, this weekend was so nice out (Maryland)! Yesterday my sister, her daughter, and I went to SugarLoaf Mountain and hiked all morning. Of course, we were so tired by the time we were done that nothing else constructive was done all day!