3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Alternachick November chat! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/68084-alternachick-november-chat.html)

hannah_phi 11-08-2005 11:25 PM

The weather here in Albuquerque has been nice, as usual. It's getting a little chilly, but nothing to interrupt my routines.

My NIA class today was great. The teacher had us do a routine to Dead Can Dance. It was excellent and just the kind of thing I needed. I was a little apprehensive about NIA at first, but I'm totally hooked now. I can totally recommend it to anyone who's looking for something different to try.

Tani 11-09-2005 10:11 AM

ooooooooh I love Dead can Dance! That sounds really fun. I wish I had room in my schedule for a dance class.

soozie 11-10-2005 12:10 AM

Here I am....

Hey Chickettes,
Here I am, like I am.
ie, chunka bunka...bigger than evah...needin' y'all bad like.
So many changes in my life and I gotta get some sleep so won't go into all of that now...but, on the food front, my food isn't too awful but I haven't moved this azz in so long...last night I dreamed that I was doing push-ups, sit-ups, and then I stood in front of the mirror, just in my dream, and started doing jumping jacks...and hey, I still have these fairly new boobies and they're holding up pretty well even though I'm stretching them out a bit, but ,still, I don't think I'm up for jumping jacks in the buff.
okay, see, I'm still odd, still a certified alternachick...and still a lesbian...but, ah, I digress.
tell me what you've been up to girlfriends, i've missed you...and let's see if i get inspired to move and lose, i hope so. i'm still loving this body even though it's bigger...that's the best thing that happened to me in my forties, loving my body all over again...and not feeling betrayed by it.

talk to you soon I hope...
Soozie

mauvaisroux 11-10-2005 04:28 PM

Welcome back soozie! :wave:

I saw your name and I thought - "is that who I think it is? No freakin' way!" How is your partner and your daughter? You must post later and catch up with us old school girls and meet the terrific newer chicks on this forum :D

squeaker 11-10-2005 04:40 PM

Welcome Back Soozie!!! :carrot:

Just a quick fly by - i am still here - I am still losing & gaining the same 2 pounds. Off to NYC area for a wedding this weekend - 16 hours in someone else's car in 3 days. :p oh well. Be back Sunday night...

soozie 11-10-2005 04:58 PM

freakin' yeah mauvais, it's me. my name was still in there, no one tried to boot me out for not posting for a year or so! Looking forward to meeting the new chickies. my how you have grown...! Is Ellis still here??? And Squeaker...any news of the boy? you're still doing those pounds so I wondered if you were still in the dance with him? Or has it evolved into, really just friends, or really something else???
My partner and I have separated. ugh. That's some of my news. I bought a house and am STRUGGLING to get the monthly mortgage paid on my own. But, still. I love it. And my DD is wonderful...thankfullly...she's eight years old and in third grade...and almost taller than I am...but, not quite yet. Okay, off to go pick her up from a play date. Glad to be back!
talk to you again,
Soozie

Wanttolossalot 11-12-2005 10:09 AM

SOOOOOZZZZIE!
Hey how are you? It's great that your back. Sorry to hear about you and your partner spliting. I have not seen Ellis around in a long while. I hope she jumps in to say hi sometime soon. So your DD is eight now, WOW! Time sure flies, doesn't it.
It is reaqlly great hearing from you, please fill us in later on whats been happening in your life.
Hugs
Virginia

mauvaisroux 11-13-2005 05:06 PM

Soozie - sorry to hear that you and your DP broke up :grouphug: Glad that your DD is doing well - hang in there girl! :)

squeaker 11-14-2005 05:24 PM

Sorry to hear about DP Soozie. :(

And yes, the boy and I are still "in the dance". I don't think we ever won't be at it sometimes. :lol: I don't mind. It is fun. And living on opposite coasts, it won't ever be much more. Niether of us wants to move.

Some days I think if he wasn't around, I might be more motivated to drop the weight. But lets face it, I just don't have any will power, food or otherwise. ;)

I am back at work. :p The wedding this weekend was wonderful. The car ride, not so much. But I expected it to not be fun. I just don't think I was meant to spend a "vacation" with people other then my family or the boy. I am moody and like alone time, but I am ok with that. :D

How is everone else doing???

Den come back...

lizziness 11-14-2005 11:35 PM

Things a bit poopie here when it comes to my new job. Not really diggin on it so far - but maybe my mind will change. It has only been two months, one of which was spent in training. Just so boring.
My aunt, uncle, and cousin are spending TG with me, which will be nice. My folks being over seas and all... and my in-laws being insane and a little bit evil. Plus, I get to do Christmas with them anyway. I am hosting, and will be cooking turkey for the first time EVER. I hope Alton Brown knows what he's talking about, because I'm going to just do what he tells me to. *LOL*
I have totally been in a domestic mood, cleaning, rearranging my apt, sewing and crafting. I don't know what's up, it's like I'm nesting or something. Maybe it's the weather change... I like it whatever it is. Wish I felt this creative all the time...
Got the Winning by Losing book by Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser. Not going to pressure myself, going to read it now and start it after the holidays. Will at least give me some direction to start with.
Hope everyone else is doing well... any pointers on food at the office. They feed us all like at least once a week - and then joke about gaining the 30 lbs that almost everyone gains when they start working there. Oy! I can't afford to gain anymore!

hannah_phi 11-15-2005 12:49 AM

lizziness: I think Alton Brown knows what he's talking about. I plan on brining our turkey using his directions. Sorry to hear the new job is poopie, I hate the first few months at any job. When they feed you do you get to pick, or do they just buy stuff? If you don't get to pick, then try to find out ahead of time what will be there and plan accordingly. If that won't work, then maybe you can just be the "oddball" that brings her lunch and eats it with everyone while they're eating whatever it is. :rofl: I've done that, it's not so bad. :)

Things are good here. I'm plugging along on my papers. I've decided to write three pages a day, everyday, until the end of the semester on December 11. I've been doing pretty well with eating and okay with exercising as long as I am counting cleaning. It's going to start getting cold here tomorrow, so I'm thinking of trying out the cardio machines at the school gym, anyone have a favorite?

squeaker 11-15-2005 07:24 AM

Alton Brown is awesome! I would listen to him. ;) :lol:

SoCalBirdLady 11-15-2005 10:15 AM

Just checking in...I've been away since earlier this year. Now I am back with 11 more pounds and high B/P -- why do we do this to ourselves?

Good to see some familiar Alternachicks...Mauvais, squeaker, lizziness, Goddess Jessica . . .and funny that you just jumped back in sooze because I remember you too!

Lizziness: I watched that Alton Brown show and we are probably going to do that too. It takes some planning ahead! If you don't have the time/refrigerator space to do the brining those roasting bags do very well for the cooking process.

We are hosting the big Thanksgiving family dinner this year. I have a very hard time resisting stuffing so I will just limit my portion. I do NOT want to feel miserable afterward! I really need to remember that -- I have been feeling so much better since I have been back OP. The day is supposed to be about family and football too, right? At least I like the family. :)

Tani 11-15-2005 10:21 AM

Lizziness: I just ignore our office food, nobody seems to mind. If we have a potluck I bring something healthy, plus extra stuff for me. If they're buying pizza or whatever I just eat my own lunch.

I've been in domestic mode too. I think my cleaning routines are finally starting to stick. Maybe I can make it through the holidays with a minimum of crisis cleaning this year ;)

Also, brined turkeys are the best! We started doing that a couple of years ago and now everybody in my family does it. Yummers.

lizziness 11-15-2005 01:59 PM

hehe. i'm totally brining the turkey. i tivoed the alton brown special, watched it and then saved it so i can watch it again. i bought myself a roasting pan... so i should be all set. *LOL* i hope so. the only thing that scares me a little is - if i do get a frozen turkey, how long will it take to thaw out? cause i have to thaw it, then brine it, then cook it - time consuming!!

Thanks for the suggestions. I bring my food every day with me. Granted it's not always be best food i could be eating - but at least i'm not going out. I swear about 70% of the people i work with just go out to eat every single day! between that and the potlucks every week - it's no wonder they joke about gaining 30 lbs when you start working there. sick!
i'm hoping i'll get adjusted to this job in the next month or so. if not - classifieds here i come. there are no jobs in this area and i'm lucky i have one at all, i know... but man the ones that are available kinda suck. retail, call center, or food services. none of those appeal to me. and two of them i refuse to do. *LOL*