3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Alternachick November chat! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/68084-alternachick-november-chat.html)

dentrassi 11-15-2005 09:15 PM

SOOZIE!!!! HI!!! Glad to see you here!! I dropped out for a while too, and am kinda back (not posting enough) also with extra pounds...

MY HORRIBLE WEEK: Our in-door cat SOMEHOW got fleas, and we didn't really realize it until it was out of control. Tried the natural way, it was taking too long. Fogged the house last Friday, discovered standing water in the basement while setting up a fogger. Plumber says we need to get the back yard dug up, but has temporarily fixed the problem ($$$ that we don't really have!!) AND DS15 THINKS HE JUST SAW A FLEA>>>AAARRGGHH!!!!

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Well, maybe he is wrong.....

SOOO, how are all of you?

squeaker 11-17-2005 02:20 PM

Yuck Den! That sucks! :(

Lizziness - I think it will tell you how long to thaw the turkey on the package. It is normally a few days in the fridge.

Tani - would you like to come clean my house too? :D :lol: Ok. I guess not. ;)

SoCal - nice to see you popping back in.

Everything here is ok. Went to see the musical Hairspray last night. It was a lot of fun. Work is going ok - quiet for once! I am heading to Ohio for the weekend to see the boy. :D I can't wait. Got a jump start on my Christmas shopping, and am feeling good about myself this week. :) I am feeling on top of things (except the mess that is my apartment, but I am ignoring that bit for now).

hannah_phi 11-17-2005 03:15 PM

Ugh Den, how awful. :( I hope your son is wrong about seeing a flea.

I had this total duh/realization moment today. Last night DBF and I got home really late from a club meeting. We were both starving and tired, so dinner was brown rice and steamed veggies. Well, just now I was stressing out over what to have for lunch, like I do every day, when I realized that is the perfect lunch! My rice cooker steams veggies while the rice is cooking and I don't have to pay any attention to it. I can come home from school, cut up veggies, get the rice ready to go, turn it on and take a 1/2 hour nap or walk. I'm so happy because it means I can stop worrying about how to get all my fiber and eat more veggies. :D

lizziness 11-17-2005 03:25 PM

oh, what a great idea hannah. i thought it might be cool to get a rice cooker. i can't even make minute rice without screwing it up somehow... i love rice but it seems to be my cooking bane. *L* if it multi-tasks.. .thats all the more reason to get one!

i can not believe it is almost thanksgiving. and then christmas. time just goes by fast no matter if you're having fun or not. :)

ajandpj99 11-17-2005 03:36 PM

Hey Chicks! Been lurking about but too busy to post. Hope you are all doing great!

Den - sorry about the fleas - I can relate - the trouble with fleas is they and there eggs can survive a nuclear winter (no joke) so you usually have to flea bomb with a bomb designed for fleas, bathe all animals, wash all bedding and vacuum. Then in 2 weeks do it all again. It is getting cold outside so the fleas hitch a ride on your pets to the liv rm carpet where they can be warm and lay eggs. Ick. A fleas egg will go dormant if no food supply like in the winter - then up to 6 mos later when they feel warmth like your cat - they hatch instantly.

I love steamed veggies and rice.

Good to see you all again! :D

hathor6 11-17-2005 07:08 PM

I am new. How do I jump into this conversation? LOL

SoCalBirdLady 11-17-2005 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hathor6
I am new. How do I jump into this conversation? LOL

You just did! Welcome.

hannah_phi 11-17-2005 11:03 PM

Welcome hathor6! You may also want to post a bio in that section, so we can read all about you. :)

lizziness: I love my rice cooker. You can also cook other grains in it too. It's really a wonderful invention. One suggestion, if you decide to get one, get a non-stick one. I had an aluminum one and it was so hard to clean.

dentrassi 11-18-2005 12:21 AM

Thanks for the sympathies everyone!!

Squeak-Hope you have fun this weekend!!

Hannah-Good Idea! Sounds extremely easy, wonder if DS15 would eat that...

Lizziness-Usually they say a few days in the fridge. ALWAYS takes longer for me, but my fridge runs cold. By the way, brined turkeys are DELICIOUS!!

ajandpj99-We had that happen in our old house. Dormant fleas that woke up when we moved in. YUCK!! Luckily THAT time we got them before they laid eggs. The stuff we used this time is SUPPOSED to kill eggs, but I have my doubts!!!

Hathor-Just jump right in. WELCOME, by the way!!

hathor6 11-18-2005 12:42 AM

I posted in the bio section and a mod moved it to another thread I think.

Seems like you guys known each other for a long time. I checked out other threads with chats in them. Some section of the board has had people chatting with each other since 2003! I didn't want to join in their chats because their convos was way too familiar. It felt like I would slow down their conversations as a newbie.

Goddess Jessica 11-18-2005 02:00 AM

Hello all!

Welcome hathor6! Most people (like us) would welcome a fresh face (avatar) anytime. Feel free to jump right it.

Okay, so this has been my week from ****. I really need a good cry.

Work - I fired someone today. I have been wanting to fire him for 3 months now so I'm not sad about it but it's totally stressful. I have this great job where I got promoted to manager even though I go to school too. Well, now I have to train 2 new people (one to replace the fired guy and one because we need more people - we're that busy). We've already hired one person (about two weeks ago) and she starts monday. I had interviews today for the second hire. I had three interviews lined up and two of them cancelled because that got job offers today! What the heck! The one person I interviewed was nice enough but really did have what I was looking for. Sigh!

School - Hard.

Home - I got into a fight with my sister. Who I love dearly. And we hardly ever fight but this was a big one. I hate fighting with people I love.

More Home - Emo, my 11 year old Siberian Husky, developed a large lump. I had it biopsied on Monday and Tuesday they told me it was malignant cancer. She has surgery scheduled for Wednesday to have it removed. The vet says that it's hard to tell if it will spread or not. I think pets should be immortal.

Sigh. Life can be so hard sometimes.

ajandpj99 11-18-2005 08:47 AM

Oh - I am so sorry you are having a bad time Goddess Jessica. :hug:

I hope you work things out with your sister - I am sure you will. And the work stuff will work itself out. You may find you are better off with someone trainable than someone already trained. The trained tend to be a bit up-i-ty whereas the trainable are eager to learn.

Welcome here as well to all our new folks - feel free to just chime in or make comments. The cool thing about this website is most of us dont know each other except here and we all tend to talk to each other as if we have know each other for years even when we - like me - have only been a member since summer.

I think once you disclose your age and weight to someone - they become family - heck - my family doesnt even know what I weigh! LOL

Tani 11-18-2005 10:17 AM

Jessica, I can so sympathize on both the sister and pet fronts. I lost all three of my ferrets to cancer. No more ferrets for me. I love the little buggers insanely, but they're so cancer prone. I just couldn't take it. Our cat has put us through the emotional ringer too, but that's a case of her love of eating inappropriate things :dizzy:

Sisters... oy. I had a blow out with mine over a year ago and we're still not quite back to 100% yet. I love her to death too ;)

dentrassi 11-18-2005 01:54 PM

Jessica-Sorry to hear that you have been having such a rough time. Pets SHOULD be immortal, and losing them is incredibly difficult. :(
Hopefully Emo's cancer will be treatable.

ajandpj99 11-19-2005 09:40 AM

:hat: Here is to Immortal Pets!

:hug: Here is another hug for anyone that needs it. I need to warm up my hugger since going to visit family next Thursday - we hug so much that the video I did of my parents anniversary party has 2 different 5 minute compilations of just people hugging and shaking hands. I mean there were over 200 people there at one point and I think I got just about everyone hugging someone.

:happ3: to those that celebrate - 1 more week and I can get into the winter holiday spirit - time to get out the decor and clean house top to bottom.

I just love stuff that twinkles and a lot of decor has become very old fashioned, some of it could pass for homemade, fits in nicely with the home at the edge of the forest and a fire in the stove.