Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 10:25 PM   #16  
Wanttolossalot

Yes, it is fun checking out girls together!
Old 11-13-2005, 11:25 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchar42
Just wondering if there's anyone else who's "out" and doesn't mind sharing and all.
There aren't very many of us here, but welcome.

I have found that that people on 3FC are kind, polite and supportive which was not my experience on another board. We are all here for one reason and that which we share trumps all of our differences.

I live in Los Angeles with my partner of 12 years. I have been struggling with weight issues since I left home at 16. A lot of this began as rebellion -- I grew up in a home where all meals were portion controlled. When my mother gained a pound over where she thought she ought to be she simply decided to lose that pound. Oy. Oh, by the way, I am adopted so I could not inherit that kind of discipline if I wanted to!

In any event, I love food, I love to cook and I am uncomfortable with strong emotions in any direction. What a set up to be overweight!

I have just returned to WW and to 3FC for the umpteenth time. But, I am highly motivated right now due to some health problems.

So I just wanted to introduce myself. I started on SBD so I still participate on that forum. However, I have real trouble with being honest about portion control so now I am a WW person with an emphasis on SBD friendly foods because I think it is the healthiest way to go.

See you around.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:13 PM   #18  
llama dolly

about the poly thing...

it's not really about sex for me, and not about three-ways (none of those have happened yet, and i dunno if they ever will). well, okay, it is sort of about sex -- i think my girlie is hot -- but it's more about having someone i click with, who brings something new to my life. the relationships my husband i have with her are very different to each other. she and i spend a lot more time just hanging out or going places, for example.

i guess i see it this way: my relationship with my husband, c, is my primary relationship. unless something specific happens that means d needs my support right then and in a big way, he comes first. my relationship with d is secondary but not less real or less important. she is a good friend and someone who's very dear to me. i probably *love* love her, but i'm very cautious about using that word. then there's an almost third relationship where the three of us hang out and there's a different dynamic. that one's most challenging right now, because we're having to work out exactly how things go. i have to deal with occasional twinges of jealousy, and he has to deal with his own feelings sometimes.

her primary relationship is her family -- her boyfriend and his wife. the three of them have a very strong family unit and that's her main relationship. the relationships with me and c are secondary -- not less important exactly, but if there's a choice between what her family needs and what i need, her family would probably come first and after their needs were met, mine would be. that's as it should be.

so i have a solid marriage that makes me happy, and a wonderful girlfriend who makes my life richer. and it's especially cool because they both support me completely when it comes to the optifast thing (i've gotten the lab work done and once the results are in, i'll start). each of us is stronger because of the others.

i guess i'm saying that i didn't go looking for a secondary relationship because i thought it would be nice to have a girl to sleep with, too. it just sort of happened, and i'm very glad it did.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:42 PM   #19  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up Tossing my hat into the ring...

Add me to the bisexual column! (Now we just need a special club handshake, hehehe!)

Though as far as the falling in love bit, that has only been with one woman... so far!
Old 11-18-2005, 01:50 AM   #20  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Sarah! I haven't seen you in forever! Hello chica!
Old 11-21-2005, 09:22 PM   #21  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica
Sarah! I haven't seen you in forever! Hello chica!
Hola, Goddessy One!

I have been remiss in my 3FC scoping-out! I am in the process of getting ze pounds off, AGAIN, heheh! So, back in the saddle!

Can you imagine a dozen of these getting juiced? I'm sick, I know....
Old 12-03-2005, 12:46 AM   #22  
Finding my way back

I'm GLBT friendly. I classify myself as "sexual." Period.
Btw, my anniversary with my soul mate will be four years this Sunday. *grins*
Old 12-08-2005, 12:44 PM   #23  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Hello! You can put me in the All-Lesbo-All-the-Time Pile. (It's a little pile, it seems! ) I'm a lesbian, 41 -- realized I was gay at 26 and never looked back. I've been with my partner in a monogamous relationship for almost 8 years.

As far as the moderators and forum owners coming in and busting up a homo/bi discussion, this just isn't that kind of place. My experience with 3FC is that respect is the recurrent theme -- and that includes respect for ALL members. It's one of the many things I so appreciate about this site and how it's managed. There's a great deal of diversity among the members, but the commonalities overide everything.

That said, I just love me some lezzies!
Old 12-08-2005, 01:02 PM   #24  
I climb mountains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajandpj99
Besides - who would frequent a thread called Alternachicks and not have an open mind? I am sure there are lurkers out there that would love to stir up trouble but then we would have to hunt them down. Trish
For the record, everybody, I frequently talk about my partner over at the 100 lb. group, and I've received nothing but support and equal time. They've gone so far as to be incredibly supportive of Lorraine's health issues, also, -- not to mention, praising her for how wonderful she was throughout my cancer earlier this year. I'm telling you, it just has never been any issue whatsoever. (Goddessy Jessicaness knows this, since she's part of my family there! ) I will say that I was out right from my first breath there, and simply have never felt like I needed to hesitate to share my life openly -- but then that's how I live my life everywhere. I'm pretty uncompromising about this. Life is too short for such craziness, you know?

So I guess I want to say that my experience with acceptance has been not just here, at Alternachicks, but elsewhere on this site as well. I'm sure there are some folks who don't like it, but they seem to be staying mum on that topic.....which suits me just fine!

Big to this little Alternachickie group!
Old 12-08-2005, 02:41 PM   #25  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessofsarahtolove
Hello! You can put me in the All-Lesbo-All-the-Time Pile. (It's a little pile, it seems! )
I'm bi, but -- hey -- if there's a pile of lesbians somewhere, I want in!
Old 12-08-2005, 03:32 PM   #26  
I climb mountains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieShines
That's HILARIOUS!!
Old 12-08-2005, 04:02 PM   #27  

I don't fit into any of these catagories (although I do have some pretty vivid dreams ), but I truly believe in accepting people for who they are. The only people I tend to have a prejudice toward are drug addicts--I've tried to become more accepting of them, but I just can't.

I'm probably one of the few people here in the "Bible Belt" (Arkansas) that will openly admit to voting AGAINST the state constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriages. It chaps my hide that a grown person can't marry anyone they want--we're supposed to be living in the land of the free!

Non-heterosexual does not equal immoral or a-moral!!
Old 12-08-2005, 04:09 PM   #28  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Originally Posted by MaggieShines

You know, I am straight but a pile of lesbians even sounds fun to me! (I guess hubby needs to start paying me more attention - LOL)

Some days a pile of anything would be good. but then he is gone alot.

Old 12-08-2005, 05:28 PM   #29  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajandpj99

Some days a pile of anything would be good. but then he is gone alot.
I know that feeling too well!
Old 12-08-2005, 07:26 PM   #30  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

OK, that's it then... CHICK PARTY AT TRISH'S! We'll ie around and do each other.... um, I mean... we'll lie around and do each other's makeup! What were you chicks thinking? Perverts!

OK, I have officially left the building. I think I need to eat something. This chubby, dancing marshmallow looks yummy.
Closed Thread