Old 03-10-2008, 11:59 PM   #16  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello,
A bit about moi!
Name: Rena
Collections: Betty Boop-I'm a bit obsessed! I have over 500 items from teapots to chopsticks (if it's made I most probably have it). Bettie Page (love her) and Bar stuff (shot glasses, neon beer signs, mirrors, clocks and coasters).
Pets: Black Pug (his name is Pugsy), and in June will be adopting a female fawn pug (We're gonna name her Sadie)
Fav music: Punk, SKA, Oi, Rockabilly, 80's, old country (ahhh the old road trips with mom and dad)

Hobbies:I enjoy sewing and doing arts and crafts and I am also very active with Manitoba Pug Rescue (yes, even Pugs need rescuing).
betty grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:00 PM   #17  
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

Height: 5'7"

Name: Chelsea

School: Saginaw Valley State University

Major: I'm attempting to get a BFA in both graphic design and photography and get a minor in philosopy

Books: I don't read as much as I used to, the last book I finished was I Am America and So Can You! Yeah, I'm in love with Stephen Colbert.

Music: Alkaline Trio, Brand New, Bright Eyes, I LOVE ska music, Cursive (my favorite band), Saves the Day, Reggie and the Full Effect

TV: I hardly ever watch TV, but when I do it's usually the History Channel

Movies: Cannibal the Musical, Not Another Teen Movie, Anchorman, and Clueless

Interests/Hobbies: I don't do much, I love taking pictures and playing on my MacBook.

Goals: To weigh 120lbs and get a great job and live in Chicago. I want to get married eventually too.

Religion: I was raised WELS Lutheran (the strictest Lutherans ever), I went to a parochial grade school and high school but I definitely don't consider myself sheltered. I've done some silly stuff so far.

Politics: I don't care about politics...at all.

Wow, I sound really boring! Haha, no I'm tons o' fun if you hang out with me!
deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:10 AM   #18  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Huh. I just realised I hadn't posted a bio in here!

Name: Velveteen/ "V" / Renée (DF and step-kids call me "Pinky")
Sign: Virgo
Kids: 2 steps, my SD T who is 10, my SS P who is 7
4 Legged Creatures: Frankie, my burmese and Elvis my black kitty
Gilled Creatures: Mollie, Johnny and Sammy - all goldfish
Addictions: Espresso (work for SBUX European HQ), music, traveling, photography
Following: Weight Watchers (online)
Religion: Fine for some, for me, not so much (though I am a spiritual person and believe that there is "something" out there)
Living in: The Netherlands (Arnhem, to be exact)

My little story - I am a lifetime WW member. First time I joined was in 1992. I did not reach my goal weight then. Long story short, I gained what I lost plus a few more for good measure. 1999 - joined again, lost 28KG/ 62lbs and maintained for 3 years. Life fell apart (I was married then and we split up, I lost my job, fell into a deep depression, took a/d's and tried to drink myself to death. Fortunately I'm still alive, things are better, but I gained all the weight back) and so did my weight loss / maintenance efforts.

I've tried half-heartedly the last couple of years to lose weight, but I think I'm finally in the right place now and I'm DOING it. Besides that, I have a short term goal of not looking like the side of a barn when I get married in October.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #19  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

Wow so many varied ages here i love it!! ive been here for a week or so so its time i posted a bio i guess!

Name: Paula

About me and my weight loss: i have tried to lose weight for years but i am sick to death of it not happening. this time is different (de ja vu!) but it really really is.. i had cosmetic surgery a year ago and have fabulous boobs now, the ones ive always wanted. now i want the body to match!

Job: part time Senior Sales for T Mobile uk, and a History Student about to start my 2nd year at uni

Music: i love so much! mainly Avenged Sevenfold, Vandals, Reel big fish, bullet for my valentine, the gallows, sex pistols, disturbed, korn, blink 182, +44, angels and airwaves, alexisonfire, paramore, funeral for a friend, coheed and cambria and many more!

Books: when i get time to read for pleasure, i love james patterson.. i love crime novels, and i wanna start reading the discworld novels!

Movies: anything tarantino but not Hostel! i love comedy like evan almighty, anchorman, liar liar etc etc im easy when it comes to movies.. but i really love the resident evil movies to

TV: huge brit comedy fan. LOVE peepshow, the office, little britain, QI, that mitchell and webb look and of course miami ink

Tattoos and piercings: im a work in progress, have 2 tattoos and also a half sleeve being worked on right now, i have a few ear piercings, including stretched lobes, i have a lip ring, lower naval and also a micro dermal in my wrist.

Pets: 3 cats, Salem, Poppy and Henry, who i adore so much i could scream!

Glad to be here, feels so good to meet so many like minded women!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 289/284/170

Height: 5'10

Wink

Name: Hope
Job: Nursing
Pets: 2 dogs, Brodie and Ginger

I'm a single heavily tattooed medical assistant. I play heavy/ hard metal drums in a band. I live in the East Bay of San Francisco. I'm cal counting and staying away from processed foods. Gotta love Trader Joe's and Whole Foods! My goal is to get down at least below 200#

~Hope
Hope1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:03 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

I think I will start here: I am a country girl born and bred in Idaho. I grew up on a dairy. My mom taught me early on never to depend on a man and to be an independent thinker no matter the consequences.
I don't mind labels as long as it is me labeling myself. I am a jock/alternachick/newmama. I love sports. I love/loathe my competitiveness because it has near destroyed some relationships. I can turn anything into a competition; thankfully, my best friend is my complete opposite and can stand me.
I totally got knocked up in 2006 and in June 2007, the best thing happened. I gave life to my son. He is what has kept me truckin after a few bad personal blows in the last few years. My father died March 2006 and my life was turned upside down. Tugg, my son, has been a shining light in a dark time of my life. I found out who my real friends were when I decided to embrace becoming a mother. Some of them thought I was nuts and that my life was over. They obviously have some flawed thinking.
Well, he is a little older, 10-months, and I think it is time I lost this baggage around my tummy and thighs. NO MORE EXCUSES.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #22  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Talking

It's taken me a while to read the Bios. You guys are fun to read!
Anyways, I figure I'll make up my own Qs and start from there...
Name? Missy. Yeah, its a nickname, short for Melissa somehow.
Statis? Wife and mother (by choice)
Occupation? nothing that I get a paycheck for
Age? really? who comes up with these? 37 Virgo, year of the Dog
Weight loss plan? Medifast copycat Wonderslim
Howzit going so far? Awesome!
Hungry? Yep Frustrated? Uh huh Getting a grip? yeh Is it worth it? YOu bet!
what do you like to do? I love to hang with my boys, Sol 6 and Tony 3. They are a riot. They both have had mohawks, love to get "tattoos" and play their guitars like rock stars. Now they're both growing their hair out, the floppy little tykes. I love doing henna, when I sport both hands and arms I feel like all art and beauty surround me. I LOVE DISNEYLAND! Not disney, Disneyland! (Ok, I love the cartoons too.) So, I LOVE DISNEYLAND & watching Mickey mouse cartoons. I could live at Disneyland, I wanted to work there but blew it all at 17 by going and getting my first tattoo. They dont hire the inked.
I love burnt popcorn.
I love to knit, I started 2.5 years ago when I quit smoking, it rocks to be able to create warmth and style. I love to shop, and I love to find bargins.
Pets? yah, 1 little dog Poppycock, (poppy, popcorn, popsicle, poprock) She's a little 5lb mix of Pom and American eskimo... big white puffball. We just rescud her from PAWS.
Religion? **** yes! I love God. I like to think that God thinks I rock it with my creativity, and respects my inquisitivness, and laughs his a$$ off at my "irreverence" (huh, cant say that word here...) You go God!
Almost done? nope
Music? Well, like most good little alternachicks I started out the raddest New Waver Seattle had ever seen. Clove cigs, shaved one side of my head, junk jewlery, trenchcoat and Fluevogs. I loved all that junk like crazy. Ultravox, the Smiths, The cure, P-furs, Depeche Mode, Alphaville, Blancmange, Heaven 17... you know all of that old New Romantics then to Bauhaus, The Cocteau twins, then to Ministry, Nitzer Ebb, Liabach, Thrill Kill Kult, Then to ALL dance music at the gay clubs, (Nah, not gay... (phag hag #1)) (Then went alittle with the local punk scene but it was too dirty and depressing for me and not in a good way, a gross way... I liked my pink hair without nits thank you very much) then dance then dance then dance and trance, now anything I used to listen to and anything that makes me happy and dance!
Now almost done? almost...
T.V./Movies? Jsyeah. (I didnt have a tv for about 2 years in my early 20's) Now, I cant imagine living without my dvr and netflix. *lol* I love reality tv, i love to laugh at people and be amazed by how stupid the world really is. I miss 6 feet under, wah. I bawled at the end. I love family guy, ha, it is soooooo bad. Banana splits, Peoples court, ANTM... Movies, I love Lord of the rings triogly (the books too) the West side story, All Jet Li films, realy, any movie.
Books? you bet, when I get the chance... mostly knitting books, theology, and the classics Ive always wanted to read but never did... Wuthering heights, Watership down, Cannery row, Animal farm, Tolkien and C.S. Lewis series... Bathroom readers. Oh, I just finished the Pullman series His dark materials, It rocks!
Done Already? Yes! thanks for letting me go on and on and on and so on... (sorry I ramble) Theres way more, right? We could all go on... anyways, Im glad you all are here. Im stoked to chat! Missy out
missygith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:31 AM   #23  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Hi Missy Seems you are going to fit in really well here Welcome!!
Old 08-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Hi everyone.

I hope you all don't mind me joining in here. I used to belong to another popular weight loss forum, and while the people there were nice and supportive I didn't really feel I could truly be myself there. I do feel I may fit the alternachicks forum, though.

Here's a little info:

General: I'm 30 and happily married to my husband for 5 years now. We live in Houston with our Great Dane Cooper and cat Aiden. We are child-free by choice. I'm a computer programmer and work with a great bunch of people.

Books: I mostly enjoy reading informative non-fiction. I like to read books about health, gardening, religion, or whatever topic I may be interested in. I rarely read fiction, but from what I have I've enjoyed Anne Rice, Stephen King, and Neil Gaiman.

Movies/TV: I loved The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Hobbies: My main hobby is motorcycles. Oh my how I love them. I have two motorcycles currently: a 2007 DL650 and a 2006 GS500F. They are both fun in their own way. I don't really care so much for the Harley/cruiser thing. I'm more of a sportbike girl. I also enjoy gardening (mostly veggies).

Religion: I'm a pagan-pantheist. I love to talk religion with open-minded people, but for the most part I keep my religion quiet in day-to-day life. I celebrate the solstices and equinoxes privately in my home.

Weight: My highest weight ever was 250. Over a couple years I lost 20 lbs but this last April I dedicated myself to getting healthy. So at 230 I joined a gym, hired a trainer, and took control of my health and fitness. Today I'm at about 206 and looking forward to hitting onederland. My ultimate goal is to get around 150.

Well, that's about it. I've really enjoyed reading all the other bio's. Looks like a great group and a group where I can feel relaxed to be me.
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #25  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

I just wanted to give a shout out to the new Alternachicks here! It's great to have such cool girls with us!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #26  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

Lightbulb Hola!

Just an intro to me
Paganchick-Celtic Wicca/Buddhism solitary practitioner since 1997, of no particular faith prior to that.
Livin' in the Land of enchantment with one of the most wonderful men on the planet, a herd of cats, one dog, and recently, my mom and her jungle of plants and two birds.
Love gym rattin' , yoga , hiking, cooking (so hard to lose when you're a foodie!)reading, crosswords, painting, belly dancin' , crocheting etc.
I am learning to knit, but my hands have somehow become dyslexic
I once weighed 300+, I lost 150+ of that (lowest weight 138 size 8-10, though I looked kinda manky/skinny-I looked & felt my best at a size 12-14.) I have since gained back some weight working in child care can be **** for a diet) and I'm looking to lose it to become healthier.
I prefer to consider size goals rather than weight goals because I tend to be muscular and my weight number is always high for my size-so I go by what size I'd like to be rather than a goal weight.
I am hoping to find some kindred friends here!
Gotta love the daning broccoli!
owlmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:19 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 365/270/160

Height: 5"11'

Default The Tin Girl

Sorry Alex, I liked the lay out of your bio so I...kinda...stolded it.

First name (if you want to tell): Call me Tin.

Geographical location: Central PA

Marital Status: Living with my boyfriend, soon to be husband, and a little shih-tzu puppy named Peanut.

Occupation: I work in a blue cubical tending to the needs of wealthy CEOs who would rather pay someone else to fix their computers then train their own sys admins. It's a joy. I also do a bit of beading and photography, love to write. I'm stuffing a collection of poems together and working on my first fiction novel. By the way if anyone wants to chit chat and give me their opinions as I write this book that would be wonderful. At least better then me arguing with myself 99% of the time.

Pets: One pup nameds Peanut who just turned 1 last year.

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, writing, music, singing, reading (mostly medical books) trying to learn how to sew. That's turned out quite bad.. though I do have a pair of rainbow striped bell bottoms to show for the pricks in my finger.

Height: 5'11"

Eye/Hair Color: Hair is black and my eyes are blue. Eyes are natural, hair is not.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: About two years...looking to pick up the pace a bit.

Starting Weight: 365

Present Weight: 270

Goal Weight: 170...100 more pounds to go!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I eat when I'm stressed and I'm stressed if I'm awake. Also have some depression issues that convince me that ice cream with candy in it really is worth blowing my blood sugar through the roof.

Following any specific plan: lose weight so I can get my blood sugar down and help my failing pancreas. No specific plan yet though...can't find one!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: March 23 I was admitted to the emergency room with pancreantitis. I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything for five days...was on constant morphine for the pain, and spent about 27,000 dollars...only to come out of the hospital with serious morphine withdraws and a permanently numb spot in my thigh from being bed ridden. Can't get a bigger eye opener then that.

Anything else: I'm also looking for friends that I don't feel weird around when I need some support.
TheTinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:18 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 208.5/204/170

I'm so stoked I found this group!

User name/name: nicole/unload2

BIRTHDAY: april 12

MARITAL STATUS: hitched

Children/ages: mikayla is 6, and emma is 3

TOP WEIGHT: 205 preggo

CURRENT WEIGHT: 175

GOAL WEIGHT: 150 ish

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: changes on a regular basis

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: crafting/cooking & baking/walking/kid stuff/gardening

PETS: 2 basenji's jasper and butch

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: loveland, colorado- woot woot

FAVORITE COLOR: green

FAVORITE FOODS: mexican, indian, any kind sweet treats

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking/weightlifting...i really want to start muy thai soon too!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): audio books for my ipod...cookbooks of course!

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): horror, independent, comedy, classics...too many to list

FAVORITE/GROUP: way too many. what i'm into now....the arcade fire, estelle, almost any reggae, pertty girls make graves....so many more

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not being consistent....binging late at night.....quitting once i've given in to temptation.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to be a good role model for my girls....not a mom that's unmotivated and lethargic and always obsessing about the scale and thinness. Being fit and healthy. Hopefully I will follow through and use this site for support and advice and finally be able to acheive my goal.

RELIGION: never have been. always believed in some kind of higher power. currently learning about eastern religions cause i'm curious.

POLITICS: democrat
unload2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:55 PM   #29  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome to all of the new chiquitas!
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:52 AM   #30  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

I introduced myself on the main board but I thought it would be fun to fill out one of these surveys, especially since I joined 3FC specifically because they had an "alternative" board.

User name/name: Rachel/Joyra

MARITAL STATUS: Living with my boyfriend, been together 2 years

TOP WEIGHT: 173 (Day before I moved to Korea, 08/19/08)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 166

GOAL WEIGHT: 100 .. might not be reasonable but I just want to reach it and see how it feels ... definitely will be happy around 110, which is what my mom, a marathon runner, has weighed all of my life.

HEIGHT: 5'1

HAIR COLOR: The only blonde I see all day

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: traveling, music, writing, environmentalism, hiking, photography, movies, TV, politics, comedy

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: South Korea by way of the American Midwest

FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican, Indian, Thai; Black beans, avocadoes, cheese, all things that are difficult to find in Korea!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Dance Dance Revolution on my Wii & walking/hiking. I live by mountains and ocean, guess who still stays home on her butt (but still plays DDR a lot? )

FAVORITE BOOK(S): David Sedaris

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Royal Tennenbaums, I Heart Huckabees, Rock N Roll High School

FAVORITE/GROUP: Right now I like electronic/dance/dance punk/drone. And 80s New Wave.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: PORTION CONTROL! If you can make a whole package, I will eat the whole package! I also often choose hang out with my skinny underweight boyfriend and drink beer over exercising.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: No idea. I'm obsessed with this website and I can't wait to have a ticker to tick tick tick down to 100 lbs and to put up my new skinny pictures and feel fabulous. Also, I'm in Asia for a year, maybe two, I'd like to come back looking amazing.

POLITICS: Very very liberal. In fact, am sort of glad to be hiding on the other side of the earth in case McCain wins.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote