Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 08:10 AM   #1  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Quick fly by check in again. Busy day ahead, but things are going well. It is just about my TOM and I haven't killed anyone or cried. Big improvment from last month.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:52 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Mauvais, I hope you're having a lovely holiday! Again, your party was great!

Tikanique, I was GREEN with envy when I saw Mauvais' new house. EVERYTHING is in place! You'd think they'd been living there for years! It's really cool and funky (except for the bathroom, which is lovely and serene. My house looks like we just moved in yesterday.
I'm going to post some kitchen renovation pictures... hang on...

Squeak, I think mine must be coming, too. I really should mark it on the calendar. It's been catching me off guard for 28 years.

I KNOW there are new Alternachicks out there lurking... come in and say hello!

Den, where the **** are you? How's your hand, sweetie?
Old 12-01-2004, 09:04 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! It's December. I have to get in here more often for regular chat. Weightloss chat is not my favourite subject these days. Shall we split the thread while the fair Mauvais is away? Do you want to do it, Ellis, or is that dangerous today? If you don't keep track of your periods, how the heck do you know if it's PMS or just general *****iness?
Old 12-01-2004, 11:14 AM   #4  

You'd better do it, Ruth. I don't know if I can manage to successfully "edit" twice in one day.
I like that you know me so well... yes, I'm pretty *****y most times, eh?

Listen, love... let's not be fretting about weight loss right now when you're not into it. January 1st will be here in no time, and then I'm going to whip your *** into shape. (I KNOW what you're going to say) Just enjoy the season... it's a rough time of year right now.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:53 PM   #5  

Feeling a wee bit blue? Here's a "Happy and Grateful" for you!
Be grateful that your kitchen doesn't look like mine!

Last edited by ellis; 11-18-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:19 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hi girls!

Sorry I've been MIA this past week. I went to visit the family for Turkey Day. I had the worst lay-over in the Dallas airport - 6 hours! But I finally got there around 2AM. My adorable little sister was standing there half asleep. Then, her face lit up and she said, "My seeister!"

Then, we had Turkey Day blah blah blah. AND THEN! the Cute Boyfriend came up from the funeral! Thank goodness!!!! It was so good to see him again.

Well, these are the final weeks of school. It's so hectic I can hardly stand it but I can't wait for this semester to be over.

Over Thanksgiving I gained almost all the weight I lost. Sigh.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:00 AM   #7  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI ALL!!!!

Jessica-I bet it will come off again quickly. Sounds like things are stressful now, so don't add to it by being too hard on yourself.

Ellis-HEY! Our kitchen looks worse and we aren't even renovating!!! (Okay, I'm exaggerating, but I think your stainless steel appliances are great, and I know the end results are going to be WONDERFUL!!)

Ruth-HI!! How is everything going? I'm not doing too well right now either, but I am trying to get on the exercise bike more often!!

Squeak-Glad you are feeling better this month!! I'm feeling *****y and I'm still 5 days away!

My hand is continuing to improve. I think I was expecting the strength to come back faster then it has. The tingling is gone, but certain movements still hurt, and of course I keep on doing them without thinking!! I was paying bills last night, and halfway through my hand was killing me. It always hurts to pay the bills, but not usualy THAT much!!! Anyway, I am trying to keep up with the exercises, and I can get out and DRIVE now which is helping me out emotionally. I'm helping to train my replacement (jewelry biz) but am getting aggravated about that. My ex-boss is asking for things to be done that the new person isn't ready to do, and that I can't do now. She tends to say, "Just do what you can." but then ask for too much or say, "Well can't you do more than THAT?!?" When I tell her my limits. And of course I am a wimp when it comes to standing up for myself. AND she is the best friend of my MIL's sister which further complicates things. (Sister believes everything ex-boss says, MIL believes everything sister says...) I mean, I thought I was dong HER a favor!!!

Okay, rant over!! Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:32 AM   #8  

Den, pull yourself together, girl!! Look after YOU, not your friend! If she doesn't understand and sympathize with your limits, then the **** with her. YOU are what is important here... not someone else's business!
(rant over... you know I only said that because I love you. )
Old 12-02-2004, 09:42 AM   #9  

You are right! I just did 10 minutes on the bike (HEY! I HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE!!!) and realized the key word is EX. I left because I didn't want to leave her in the lurch during all of this (and some of the other reasons stated before!) and I'm feeling like I am still disappointing her. Mostly my problem, but she does expect too much. She wants an order done today, and the new person and I aren't up to it. She needs to remember that I started out from scratch too, and get in there and finish the order herself.

THANKS ELLIS!!! You know, this was SUPPOSED to be my time anyway...to heal and to start working on myself physically and emotionally.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:48 AM   #10  

Listen, unless you want a MAJOR dose of therapy from Mother Ellis, you'd better just stop and take a good look at the situation! You did NOT get your hand operated on for HER! You are not a robot, there to fullfill (fulfill?) everyone's wishes. (except for your DH's )
I'm so proud (I hate that expression, but you know what I mean) of you for getting on the bike, sweetie!! 10 minutes is GREAT!!
Come on, girl... be STRONG!!
Old 12-02-2004, 10:02 AM   #11  
Cute & Fluffy

Den - Listen to Ellis! She said it all.

Ellis - your kitchen looks lovely!

Jessica - I am glad you had fun with your family. Good luck in your last few weeks!!!

Ruth - Miss you!

I am here. Had an OK day yesterday. Just trying to deal with a coworker who I have no patience for. And I am learning no one else has the patience for this person either. I was talking with my dear friend here at work, and he gave me a great compliment (for lack of better word). He told me I have this ability to project a "F off, I think you're stupid" vibe/look. Which I am sure I have done to the annoying coworker. I am sorry, but if you have been on the same project for 3 years, you should know what you are doing by now. This person is only looking to position themselves to be a manager, and not learn the project or think of the big picture.

Sorry for the rant.

To off set that I am very grateful for my family, my nephew especially, and my friends, including the Alternachicks.

Last edited by squeaker; 12-02-2004 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:15 AM   #12  

Oh, Squeak... I'm sorry you have to deal with idiots like that at work. It must be so stressful. Don't apologize! We're here to rant to each other!!
I love that you have "that look"!! I have it, too!! It really throws people, eh? They THINK you're sweet until they get "the look", and realize you're concealing a backbone of steel. Keep it up, girl.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:25 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Idiots abound! I have "the Look" too. Somebody once told me I had a loudmouth face! Hang in there. Squeak!

Jessica, poop on the weight gain. It'll come back off fast - just get at it before it really gets rooted in! I did not do well in November either and December is going to be the real test.

Den, don't be an idiot! Listen to Ellis. You are too darned nice!

I've just lugged masses of wood to the back porch. When Jane comes to be with Harry, the two of them can move it into the house. The back room is cozy and warm now but I expect a warm fire in there when I get back from the Christmas shopping zoo this afternoon. Actually it won't be too bad as I'm buying groceries for the Christmas baskets that the Food Bank is doing. More baskets are needed this year - so sad!

Have a sunny day in every way!
Old 12-02-2004, 11:33 AM   #14  

Ruth-I think I just got "the look"!!!!! It sounds like you are doing really good work with the Christmas baskets. Things are lousy here too (and I'd say WHY except we aren't supposed to get political...) Friend's husband's union (electrical) has laid off 1200, and 6 of them commited suicide. Now 2 of the major 3 auto companies are shutting the plants down early due to poor sales.
At least the economy is improving!!!

Squeak-GOOD!! Clark thinks I have that look, but no-one I'm GIVING it too seems to get it....either I am being too understated or they just really ARE that stupid!!! It is tough working with incompetent people; they just slow you down.

Ellis-Shucks... I have completed 3/4 of an e-mail telling her the order couldn't be completed (new person called in sick and isn't ready to do that stuff yet and I CAN'T.) and to tell her that I don't mind helping out a BIT but that this is ME time. Just need to close, but after being assertive but not nasty SO FAR all I can think of is, "SO BACK THE !@#$ OFF!!" I saved the draft and will come back to it in an hour when I cool off. (Too bad you three can't come here for "coffee therapy"!!!)
Old 12-02-2004, 02:04 PM   #15  
Cute & Fluffy

Ruth - you are the busiest retired person I know!

I am very glad to know (but not all that surprised) we all have that look. I inherited mine from my mother.

And speaking of "the look" I had to dig this up. This is the "I just woke up and I hate you" version. The boy loves this picture. He took it a little over a year and a half ago. I think I had been awake for less then 5 minutes. He thought he was being funny.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg look.jpg (5.8 KB, 36 views)
Closed Thread