Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 10:02 AM   #46  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Strongbad Story -
The Cute Boyfriend had been watching strongbad non-stop - I guess i wasn't much fun studying all the time so I'm talking a marathon of hours. Anyway, we go to bed, and he's spooning me when suddenly the bed is shaking, I'm shaking and I realize it's the cute boyfriend trying not to laugh. I turn around and say STOP, I'm trying to sleep! He says Sorry sorry and spoons me again - then he quitely says something hysterical like "no one is not on fire" or something equally ridiculous and busts out laughing. Finally, I had to kick him out of bed so that I could get some sleep! He wants to rename the dog, The Cheat.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:39 PM   #47  
Gotta move my Thang!

A similar thing happened to me when I first caught up on all the old Strongbad emails, except I was the one spooning and laughing.

For those of you who may be wondering what the heck Strong Bad is, he's a cartoon character on homestarrunner.com - he's worth the bandwidth if you want to kill a few hours.

The avatar came from that website's icon set. I have one from a hidden set that I found in a SB email that is the same character, except he has a casio keyboard for a head. And that tells you what kind of freaks write Homestar. My kind!

Solarmama
Old 12-16-2004, 09:29 AM   #48  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yep, DH and I are regular visitors to homestarrunner I laughed my butt off at the "Trogdor" episode it so reminded me of Ronnie James Dio's albums
Old 12-20-2004, 09:52 AM   #49  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Good morning everyone!

I can't believe we are thiscloseto Christmas! I still have to pick up one or two gifts and do my groceries. Tonight is wrapping night
Old 12-20-2004, 11:15 AM   #50  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick fly-by as it's Gail morning and I'm trying to keep ahead of her. We have the darn tree finally up - it's artificial but still looks pretty good. I hope to get lights on it today and the decorations done early tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow morning I pack Christmas baskets for folks in the Village. We have to do more than 20 this year compared to the 13 needed last year. It's rough out there with lay offs and plant closures in the nearest bigger towns. I refuse to deliver baskets but will pack them - too hard on my soft and compassionate heart!

I still have wrapping and a few stocking stuffers to get but I am definitely in the home stretch and feeling very Christmassy. I'm even wearing my Rudolph earrings today.
:merry:
Old 12-20-2004, 04:11 PM   #51  
Gotta move my Thang!

Happy [Winter-Solstice-Holiday-of-Your-Choice] Ladies!

I'm planning a subdued Yule celebration tomorrow night, a birthday on Wednesday (Mine - 33!) and 'Hangin' With The Fabulous In-laws' on Friday Xmas eve. On Saturday we'll head to DH's grandparents for a Christmas Day celebration, and then drive four hours to the Cape for my family's Christmas Night get together. It's a marathon of driving and festivities! All of which is some of my favorite quality time of the year.

And if I get any work done this week or next at work, it will really be a miracle. Oy!

Ruth, bless your heart - there are many, myself ruefully included, who do not make time to help thier fellow humans at this time of year. You are wonderful, and don't you forget it!

I've been given the green light to exercise on my ankle as of Friday afternoon, yahoo! I did WATP 1-mile easy each day over the weekend, and I'll do that again today, but after that it's back to the two-mile or better, with alternating weight training two days per week. Woo hoo!

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Ciao!
Solarmama
Old 12-25-2004, 01:42 PM   #52  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

My kids both love strongbad...and I'm getting hooked too!!!

Happy Holidays, and may the world be a more peaceful place this time next year....
Closed Thread