Challenge chat Week 7 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 11:49 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Smile Challenge chat Week 7

Good morning chickquitas!

Well I didn't do so well on the weekend, I gained 2 lbs and I am not sure if it is muscled building up from all the excercise I am getting while working on the new house or if it is the 2 Chinese dinners I ate over the weekend plus some cookies and a donut

My eating plan has gone completely out the window
Old 10-18-2004, 12:21 PM   #2  

Default It's muscle for sure

It cannot be the Chinese food otherwise there would be a obesity issue in China and that's just not happening is it?

Maybe while you are doing all this physical labor you should focus on measurements instead of the scale. Could be encouraging!

Post more later!!!

Dale
Old 10-18-2004, 01:02 PM   #3  

Way to go Astonvilla- good choices and changes to be making in your life

Trixi - it is all the salt/msg in the Chinese food. I have salt issues

I can weigh myself the day after eating Chinese food and have gained 2 lbs even if I only ate a little bit. I have learned not to eat Chinese food on Saturday or Sunday because I am guaranteed to have gained by my weigh in on Monday at WW. Same thing happens if I eat any kind of salty food.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:02 PM   #4  

Things are going pretty well. I decided to give up on going to WW meetings and do it at home and online. So far so good. I have an awsome scale and the at home thing saves me a bunch of money and allows me to weigh myself in my all together, if you know what I mean. It gives me the illusion of losing more weight than I really have, but we are nothing if not for our illusions

The boyfriend has been very supportive and has not gotten sick of hearing me obsess about eating recently. He has pretty much abided by my no junk in the house policy, except for some corn chips which I can forgive him becuase I do not like chips anyway.

At any rate, we shall see how things go when I weigh in on wednesday.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:53 AM   #5  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixi
It cannot be the Chinese food otherwise there would be a obesity issue in China and that's just not happening is it?
Actually, yes! People in China are getting fatter. I listened to a radio programme about obesity round the world, including China, yesterday (Four Corners, BBC Radio 4. You can listen to it again for a week: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/factual/fourcorners.shtml).
Old 10-19-2004, 09:09 AM   #6  

I guess it was wighful thinking on my part about the Chinese. Maux hopefully its just water retention from the salt and now it's gone!

Dale
Old 10-20-2004, 04:28 PM   #7  

After a rather difficult week of eating I am down another pound. I just hope that temptation stays a bit farther away this week so I do not burn through all of my flex points at the begining of the week. It made it difficult come the weekend when I had no wiggle room at all.

I agree about the salt thing. I can feel the water retention in my hands when I eat salty foods.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:44 PM   #8  

Seecat, this week WILL be better I feel it! congrats on the pound lost!

Aston, I totally agree about how some foods have become westernized for others pleasure....I love Indian food but go to an Indian restaurantin Toronto and it kills everything.

Hope you all are doing great and post more tomorrow...man it's been a long week so far.

Maux how's the house coming along? I have been dreaming green and yellow!

Dale
Old 10-21-2004, 02:05 PM   #9  

Dale- LOL! Dreaming green and yellow the house is coming along quite nicely thanks to some friends and my Dad who have been helping out We have only one room left to paint and the main hall and front entrance. DH built the unit for the the room that we are converting into a walk in closet and it actually looks like a room now. The kitchen actually feels like a kitchen now instead of a room full of stuff and with a fridge and a stove in the middle of the floor.

I can't eat mall chinese food or Chinese Buffet Restaurants - it just grosses me out since I've been spoiled by eating in Chinatown whenever I want and even that doesn't equate to eating real Chinese food. I would love to travel to China one day and explore the country and cuisine.

I don't like Indian food buffet either since it too seems watered down for the general public. I have one or two specific restaurants around town that I am loyal toofor Indian food because they are really good and the service is amazing.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:19 PM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Mauvais, there's a take-out Indian place around the corner that I'll introduce you to!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:15 PM   #11  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I love Indian food. I've begun to learn how to cook it at home. We have a great little Indian market and whenever there's something in the recipe book I don't understand or a spice I haven't heard of, they love to help me out. I think it makes them laugh that the red-headed big white america girl is learning how to cook Indian food.

Here's my cookbook: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

It's like 700 pages!
Old 10-22-2004, 09:24 AM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

Wow! That cookbook looks great! Are there pictures? I've gotta have pictures.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:00 AM   #13  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hee! No, there are a few drawings and some brief introductory stories. It reminds me of an older cookbook - like the Art of French Cooking or something. It starts with very basic stuff, like different types of rice, the best way to prepare rice, etc. Then it moves on to be divided into Rice Dishes, Dal Dishes, Salads, Dal Soups, Sweets.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:27 AM   #14  

Drat! I have to have pictures and nutritional information in my cookbooks or they don't get used - just one of my many quirks
Old 10-22-2004, 07:41 PM   #15  

Good evening ladies! Well, Tomorrow is my last day to find a dress for this wedding I need to attend. Me, the bride (who already has her dress, hehe) and a friend are going to warehouse outlets tomorrow and we are determined to find something. I tried on this strapless dress and really liked it last weekend but I have never worn strapless, even at my smallest and while I thought it was the best out of the ten I tried on I could not make myself buy it. I have been extremely well endowned since 11 and gravity has not been nice if ya know what I mean..so back to shopping tomorrow, wish me luck! Maybe I will wake up tomorrow feeling super pretty and everything looks great? ya never know and you always have to have faith right?

Maux I agree about the nutritional info, I will not eat anything unless it is labeled because I would spend the rest of the day wondering how bad I did with my food.

I am wishing you all a wonderful weekend. Really! fingers are crossed and everything.

Dale
Closed Thread