Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 02:56 PM   #31  
a brave new me...

Arrow Clothes

The clothing situation is ridiculous. I have so many different sizes in my closet and in storage I could open up my own store. However, I have been giving all of my clothes away as they get too big. Like the minute they look a little baggy they get placed into a pile and passed along to my sister or Goodwill. Clothes that are too big just make me looker fatter than I already am, so I have no problem giving them away. And since I love shopping, I immediately replace them with something that fits perfectly. So all of the 18's and 16's are long gone, and almost all of the "14/16" shirts from places like Lane Bryant that are cut too wide are gone too. The 14 pants from Lane Bryant still fit well though.

I have a lot of smaller sizes waiting in the wings... but really, when I started looking through a lot of them I realized that I probably wouldn't wear them anyway as my tastes change so much. I'm tempted to just go up there and PURGE everything. Really, if I lost another twenty pounds I will deserve a new wardrobe anyway!

Last edited by Sojourner; 04-02-2004 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:53 PM   #32  

I'm down to 169! Yay! I'm going tonight to get myself that orange yoga mat! I also realized the other day that the last time I weighed 169 was when I moved from Napa to Humboldt, that was about 6 years ago. At 165 I'll be the weight I was when I moved to Napa. Then I'll be on my way to the weight I was in High School!
I'm also starting to have to purge clothes. I am enjoying getting down out of the 16's and XL's, but the problem is that I'm broke. I was already low on pants before from my thighs rubbing (that is finally starting to go away ). I've been scheming on how I'm going to get my dad to send me some $ for clothes, or at least get him to take me shopping when I see him this summer. But it is getting hard already. Most of my smaller clothes are black and pretty formal, I'm down to two pairs of jeans and I have almost no t-shirts left. One thing I have been doing is putting my tutoring $ towards clothes from Goodwill, but it is nearly impossible to find jeans there. Oh well, what's a girl to do?
Old 04-06-2004, 12:06 AM   #33  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Smile Hello Again

Hello, fabulous women -- I left for a while and have now returned, happily! Seeing Ruthxxx's kind and immeasurably supportive response to a journal entry on this site reminded me of how lovely this group was, and I wondered why hadn't returned sooner! (I've been spending time in the 100+ group.) Anyway, I'd love to rejoin the festivities, the banter, the comradery and even the grousing, if you'll have me!

As for the weigh-in, I'm happy to report that I'm down 3 pounds from last week, for a total of 20 since March 1. I'm looking forward to sharing the journey with you crazy buncha sassafrasses.......
Old 04-06-2004, 08:18 AM   #34  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome back Sarah Congrats on the 3 lbs loss!

Way to go Hannah!
Old 04-06-2004, 12:11 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Hannah the key word there is second hand consignment shops!!!! You can get nice stuff for cheap- I hate buying new stuff when I have no intention of staying at the current weight I am so why buy new when you can buy used? Most of the time the stuff is in brand new condition.

Sojo I am so there with you, you are doing what I did the last I time I lost weight. I got rid of everything that I owned that was bigger than what I was wearing at that time, when I reached goal I cleaned out the closet and everything went to the goodwill except for a few choice peices that I just loved and/or had paid too much to get rid of, then I bought all new- then I started nursing school and gained 25/30 pounds back and nothing fit again. Luckily I don't gain much in my upper body and could get away with loose scrubs and only have had to buy some jeans. .....

Well I am up this week a grand total of 1.5 pounds -152.2 AM which is down from 157 last week while I was TOMing I just didn't weigh in last week because the weight gain had me so completely stressed out. GRRR well life goes on. Not freaking out about it, need to cut back on my salt I seem to be retaining more fluid than normal Also need to cut out the caffiene but well that aint going to happen. Since I have to have it to function.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:11 PM   #36  

Hi Everybody! Nice to "meet" you, Hannah and Sarah! I've been doing the clothes-tossing dance, too, although some are harder to let go than others. Goodbye, old friends. Even my size 16 jeans are loose, and I washed them in hot water and dried them on high, so they shrank a lot.

Hannah: You might try GAP.COM, for jeans. They have sales there that aren't in the stores, jeans for $20, and they are the same quality as the shops. Unlike the "factory outlet" Gap stuff, which is made specially to sell at the outlet price point and is not as good as the main line, IMO.

Jeans get snapped up really fast at second-hand, especially in college towns. Are you at Humboldt State? I used to work at Sonoma State years ago, just down the road. Northern California is just breathtaking.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:49 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Never thought about the Hot water thing.... I have a couple of pairs of low rise levi's that I can't keep up on my hips since I have lost some weight and I love them was going to toss them out since they are almost x-rated may try that hot water thing.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:06 PM   #38  

Hi SeekInnerThinChick! Thanks for the tip about GAP.com, I never would have tried that. I actually graduated from Humboldt State with my BA in Philosophy, now I am at University of New Mexico getting my MA (also in Philosophy). I really miss Humboldt, but I'm learning to like it here too. The sun and heat here are just so relentless in the Summer, it really makes me miss that mild, dependable, foggy humboldt weather (not to mention the Redwoods and the ocean ).
Old 04-08-2004, 05:30 AM   #39  
Rattie Lover

Well..I reached 170!!! I am not sure how I did it so fast...but I think being sicker than a dog had something to do with it. Now I just hope it doesn't come back!! hahhaaa...
Old 04-08-2004, 10:00 AM   #40  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

way to go noodles, think i need to catch whatever you had. lol
Old 04-08-2004, 10:15 AM   #41  

Talking YEAH! 50 Pounds Lost!

I weighed myself this morning and the scale gods smiled on me! For the past few weeks my weight has been jumping around a LOT (as in a 5-7 pound difference from day to day). Anyway this morning the scale hit 214. I stepped on again and it still said 214. The third time it said 213. So I'm choosing to believe that I have officially hit 214, which equals a 50 POUND WEIGHT LOSS (can you tell I'm pleased?) I've still got a lot to go but I've already come so far. Since 1 pound is 3,500 calories, 50 pounds is 175,000 calories burned. That is a mind-boggling number! I'm going to spend the day thinking about what my reward should be! Have a great day guys!
Old 04-08-2004, 01:27 PM   #42  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Talking Great Job!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful Goddess
I have officially hit 214, which equals a 50 POUND WEIGHT LOSS
That's wonderful!!!!!!!!!! You deserve a huge pat on the back, so think of something good when you're trying to come up with that reward!
Old 04-08-2004, 01:36 PM   #43  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Graceful Goddess!!!!! 50lbs lost - amazing!
Old 04-08-2004, 02:14 PM   #44  

Congratulations, Grace! You deserve something special after all that hard work!!! how about some balloons or a party with lots of dancing and maybe a glass of wine or two because you've earned it!
Old 04-08-2004, 05:02 PM   #45  

You guys all rock! Thanks for the accolades! They make me feel like a goddess!
Closed Thread