3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Summer Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/35646-summer-challenge.html)

mauvaisroux 02-02-2004 03:17 PM

Actually, we are supposed to have a monthly progress thread...gee I am really slacking off this week aren't I? :lol:

I will go and start it now :lol:

Teufelchen 02-04-2004 10:11 AM

Something yummy this way comes

Hey everyone

I found something that might help some of you with our summer challenge. :cheer:

My sister found a 1 point (WW) cheesecake. It's called Waist Watchers and comes in a small individual container (portion control :cbg: ). It comes in all kinds of flavours like blueberry, lemon, key-lime, strawberry, choco and not sure what else. These yummy little desserts are availabe at Market Fresh (for us Canadians - or MF exclusive to Ottawa?).

Anyway, check them out. Oh soooo good.

mauvaisroux 02-05-2004 04:42 PM

mmmmm...sounds delish :T

Amyjo01 02-05-2004 09:14 PM

Okay summer challenge huh?

Well I said I wanted to jump in with both feet so here is goes.

Current weight: 160.5
Goal by June: 140= ~5pounds per month

Diet= Modified Atkins: I have been completely sugar free for the past 3 weeks. That include chocolate and no starches. I am watching most carbs and attempting to increase my H2O intake upto 64 ounces a day. Trying to cut out diet soda but that is almost as inpossible as coffee.

Exercise= Walking twice a week, situps and some free weights for the upper body. (this is a must be inforced thing-hasn't actually happened yet)

Need to measure but too scared to. :(

squeaker 02-08-2004 10:25 AM

Ok so I never did report my intentions, so here they are:

Your current weight: I was somewhere around 181 at the beginning of Jan. Currently 177ish
Your June 5th goal: going to go with not a huge change, just so I don't set myself up for blowing it - 169
Plan that you are following: The don't eat everything not nailed down plan. I just have to learn to eat only when I am hungry. About the only good thing that is coming for my current mental state is I haven't felt like eating much. :lol:
What you will do to reach that goal: See above plan. Try and do some sort of activity at night. From actual yoga or tai chi tapes, to clean the house, or just keep busy with a project so I don't eaat while watching TV.
What you will do when you get to your goal: New clothes, and maybe my tattoo.

mauvaisroux 02-10-2004 09:28 AM

Whoo hoo! I have officially lost 4lbs for the summer challenge :cb:

shoequeen69 02-10-2004 11:08 AM

WAY TO GO MAUVROUX! :bravo: I'm still at 192, which is still darn good for me. I went up but got back down again. I'm happily back in to my exercise routine and bought a few healthy food items for the week. Good luck everyone!

blugirrl1 02-10-2004 11:55 AM

had to come poke my head around here to remind myself that i am working torwards something!! lol.. back on track...i can i will do this!!

Noodles913 02-10-2004 04:21 PM

I lost about 5 pounds...but it really shouldn't count cause it was cause I have been so dang sick. Been living off of soup and M & M's & Diet 7-Up. Hope it doesnt all come back now that I'm starting to feel better.

blugirrl1 02-11-2004 06:34 AM

noodles. glad you are feeling better.

Teufelchen 02-13-2004 12:33 PM

Noodles -it's a tough way to lose weight, but maybe it'll stay off. (Especially if you stop eating the M&Ms now that you are better. :lol: )

I'm trying really hard, trying to walk more and use the stairs. But it's so hard at night since I get home so late. Also, I counted the points wrong on some cookies which I have been chowing down on. Ooopsie on those. Hopefully they wont' show up on the scale next week. :?:

Jennifer 3FC 02-19-2004 09:18 PM

I suck at this challenge! I am basically the same....does anybody have any good video suggestions? I am not losing weight with Taobo. Not enough time, I think. I am moving up to a harder, longer workout, but I think it may be a while before I am able to stick it out all the way, which means even longer until I burn some fat. I need something to do daily, while I work on mastering a more intense Taebo video. Maybe a 4 mile WATP video.

ellis 02-19-2004 10:01 PM

I bought two bellydancing videos if you want to borrow one. Or two. So far I've just watched them while lying in bed eating Bridge Mixture.

Noodles913 02-20-2004 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellis
I bought two bellydancing videos if you want to borrow one. Or two. So far I've just watched them while lying in bed eating Bridge Mixture.

ELLIS!! I love your honesty!! :smug:

I'm frustrated too. I was doing good and after I got sick I went off the band wagon. I gained 3 pounds. Now I am exercising again, but I'm hungrier!! :( I'm sick of the DVDS too...I want to exercise with other people now. Hence why I go roller skating. Someone smack me please. Thanks. :halfempty

shoequeen69 02-23-2004 09:48 AM

Hehe. Glad to see that I'm not alone. I pigged out all weekend and only exercised 3 days last week (my doc said months ago I need to do a minimum of 5 days a week :o ). Argh. I feel like I've gained a ton but if the scales are right I've only gained 1. Gotta step it up this week girls. I'm tired of being out of breath when I bend over to tie my shoes. :dz: I'm tired of my belly jiggling as much as my boobs when I exercise! :lol: And I'm tired of feeling tired! :faint: This week I vow to exercise at least 4 days and to try desperately to cut out sodas (again) and sugar (again). Good luck to everyone. Have a good week. We can do it! ;)