3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Summer Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/35646-summer-challenge.html)

mauvaisroux 03-29-2004 01:23 PM

good going Sojo! :cp:

Welcome Imarah :wave:

Graceful Goddess 04-05-2004 10:32 AM

Graceful Goddess Summer Challenge

Current weight:(as of April 3) 217
June 5 goal: 209
Plan that I'm following: Counting every calorie that goes into my mouth!
What you will do to reach that goal:
Exercise at least 4 times a week, preferably five
Healthy eating, lots of water and fruits and vegis
Reward: A new book that I'll read outside on the porch on my day off!

Amyjo01 04-06-2004 10:49 AM

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I am up this week.... My summer challenge weight is 140 and I swear I don't know if I will make it at this rate. I gained like 5-6 pounds last week during TOM, I swear it was over night back down to 152.5 this AM but had reached 151 prior to TOM. I have never gained that much in such a short period (pardon the pun). I really would like to reach 140 by summer, I know I am capable- we are not talking a lot of weight here 1.5 pounds a week which is well within reasonable.

K well I am starting back on the Induction phase of Atkins this AM- that is my final decision and I am sticking to it. I really just want to get to a comfortable weight so I can figure out how to maintain. Which is where most of my problems lie....I don't want to gain this weight back again.

Well I hope everyone is doing well...
Happy day,
Amy

shoequeen69 04-06-2004 10:58 AM

I know what you mean Amyjo. I'm up again too. I just keep fluctuating in the same 5 pounds. I can't get past it. Its so frustrating. I'm not sure if I'll make it by June. But I'm going to keep trying. I've done well with my exercise, and I haven't been eating sugar or sodas. So its gotta pay off eventually. Right? Right? Have a good day everyone :D

mauvaisroux 04-08-2004 07:21 AM

I can relate, I am fighting the "last 10" and having a hard time getting rid of them. I keep losing 1 lb then gaining 1lb, lose 2 then next week, then gain back 1.5...GRRRRR! :mad:

I am trying to exercise more to see if that will help.

blugirrl1 04-08-2004 08:48 AM

must be the water. lol i am stuck here and can't get below 181 a and did so bad, as in not exercising and eating what tasted good this weekend, i am avoiding my scale. got to get back on track though. old habits are apparantly dieing hard with me.

blugirrl1 04-14-2004 07:13 AM

Helloo?? where is everyone, probably doing so good they don't need this thread, lol. well i am getting back on track, but having to lower my expectations a little. don't remember exactly what my goal for june was but i know i am not reaching that was too stagnant for this past few weeks. lose a pound, gain 2, lose 3, gain 2. and on and on. so i am trying for 160. and acting like my own personal :drill: what i wanted to know is if any of you find yourself slipping, how do you get back on track before too much damage?

Jennifer 3FC 04-14-2004 08:18 AM

Hi Heather! I haven't been doing so well, either. It's like my body got happy with where it was, so I changed plans. I'm doing Body For Life now, well I practiced for a week and now I'm doing it this week. I am hoping the change in plans will shake my metabolism up a bit, and I really miss lifting weights so it's nice to be getting back to that. I'm counting on it to raise my metabolism!

Noodles913 04-14-2004 08:48 AM

I'm changing my June Goal to ....hmm... 160. Safe zone for me for now cause I wont get to exercise for a few weeks. Then the nurse tells me today "expect to gain 5-10 pounds after surgery until your body adjusts.". Blah!!!!!!!! All my hard work down the drain??? WAHHHH!!! :kickcan:

blugirrl1 04-14-2004 03:01 PM

Jen : changing my metabolism would probably be a good thing, but i confess to getting confused everytime i try to do a specific regemin <sp?> i.e. a certain diet , or set exercise routine, which was why i was going for a lifestyle change. it was working for me and then bam i guess too many "oh you are looking goods" because i started slacking off and going back to old habits.

Noodles : oh that would be frustrating., esp after all your hard work. but hey it might not affect you that way. esp. since you have gotten the healthier eating down pat, and lord knows you can't sit still for very long. lol

shoequeen69 04-14-2004 06:10 PM

hehe some of us have been hiding out waiting for someone else to say it first. ;) I haven't been doing well. I'm stuck at 196. No movement. I definately don't think I can make my goal for June. I think I set it to lose 20 pounds. HA! :lol3: Maybe I'll try to lose 10. Thats safer. Still trying aerobics but I haven't bumped up my workouts to any more that 3 days a week. And I'm definately not eating enough veggies. Ugh. Why does it have to be sooo hard! :?: Take care ladies. Hope you are doing better than me.

Noodles913 04-14-2004 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blugirrl1

Noodles : oh that would be frustrating., esp after all your hard work. but hey it might not affect you that way. esp. since you have gotten the healthier eating down pat, and lord knows you can't sit still for very long. lol

Who me??????? <looks around innocently> Speaking of running around...my daughter just handed me the paperwork for another http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies.../jumping35.gif tournament. Looks like I'm going to be judging the Western Open Qualifier. This one is fun!! We make a big weekend out of it and stay at the nice hotel, lounge by pool, etc. And the best part is...They have a COMPUTER there!! Teehee... :comp:

(Sorry Mauv, didn't mean to get off topic here. I'll :tape: my fingers now. :lol: )

blugirrl1 04-15-2004 06:44 AM

Noodles : whoohoo, gonna start calling you the judginator. ( yes i have been watching the cat in the hat dvd too much, ,lol)

ShoeQueen : I feel you seems that goals are my worst enemy right now. think it is a mixture of me not doing all that i should be and always biting off more than i can chew. what your not supposed to lose 5 pounds a week? but i waaannna . lol guess it is time to get back on track.!! doing my workout today this a.m will be 3rd day in row. going to see how many days in a row i can do. i am in a contest with myself. :p

mauvaisroux 04-15-2004 07:39 AM

Morning Chicks! :yawn:

Hey, don't fret over the challenge. It was started to inspire everyone to get our butts in gear in time for summer and it seems that we are all trying :) Go ahead and change your goals, I am thinking of changing my date to June 21 since it is officially the first day of summer and will give me more time to lose.

Good luck everyone :lucky: We can do it! :cheer:

shoequeen69 04-15-2004 10:13 AM

Thanks Mauv! I do love your challenges! I love having somewhere to go where everyone can relate to my struggle. :grouphug: Ok. I'm going to re-post my goals.

Current weight: 196lbs
June 5th goal: 186 lbs

Plan that I am following: Uhh...not to eat everything in sight?

What you will do to reach that goal: exercise doing step aerobics, weight training 4 x a week and walking 30 minutes daily 5 x a week.

Reward: a pedicure and a new outfit.

Personal goals: This WILL be my year. In addition to having a healthy lifestyle I will work on paying off my credit card debt. And move closer to going back to school. (Still the same goals. I'm doing good on the credit, and all I lack on school is writing the admittance essay. At a standstill there)