3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Summer Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/35646-summer-challenge.html)

mauvaisroux 01-07-2004 09:48 AM

Summer Challenge!

Well here we are in the New Year and I am sure we all have some resolutions in mind :)

I know it seems early but summer will sneak up on us and then we will be thinking -
“ACK! :yikes: I can’t wear shorts/tank tops/bathing suits!!!!! I can’t believe I did nothing with
myself for six months and now it’s summer! WAH! :cry:

So NOW is a good time to start! :lol:

We will begin on January 5 so that we can all have time to gear up, get rid of the Holidayleftovers and restock our kitchens with the items we need.

If you are interested in joining this challenge please post the following:

Your current weight:
Your June 5th goal:
Plan that you are following:
What you will do to reach that goal: i.e. lifestyle changes, personal motivation etc.
What you will do when you get to your goal: i.e. a reward of some kind.

I am making this into a sticky so that we can review our goals as we need to.

Good luck to everyone! :lucky:

mauvaisroux 01-07-2004 09:53 AM

Current weight: 168lbs

June 5th goal: 150 lbs

Plan that I are following: ww/SBD

What you will do to reach that goal:
plan weekly menus, exercise 3 X week - I have already signed up for 2 dance classes per week
- keep junk food out of my house,
-I am going to ww meetings with 2 friends for support

Reward: some new summer clothes, a day at a spa :cloud9:

Personal goals:
read the books that I have accumulated over the last 6 months
brush up on my languages
save money to buy a house
get my apartment and paperwork in order :)

ellis 01-07-2004 10:23 AM

Mauvais, you're catching up very quickly! :) What a good mod you are. :hat:

Current weight: 183 lbs

June 5th goal: 150 lbs

Plan that I am following: SBD

- exercise 3 X week +
- keep OP foods in the house
- if I'm going to cheat, cheat OP!

Reward: looking good. :D

Jennifer 3FC 01-07-2004 10:17 PM

Oh Mauv, you're my hero, you saved your posts!

Here are my goals:

Current weight: 215.5 lbs

June 5th goal: 190 lbs
August 23rd goal: 175 (final goal, possibly)

Plan that I am following: SBD

- Cardio 3x a week, Weights 3x a week
- Stay OP at all times - one cheat scheduled for DS's birthday cake
- Journal, Drink, Move!

Reward: Maybe a trip to the beach!

lizziness 01-08-2004 12:24 AM

I don't remember my old goals, but i'll try...

current: 220
goal: under 200
plan: not sure yet, sbd book coming to me soon we'll see...

want to pay more attention to how i am eating, but my main goal is to start to exercise.

so far i've not done it at all. unless you count the 20 minute work out trying to get through the snow and ice to get home every day this last week. and i only have to walk a block and a half!

my other goal is to stop watching so much TV. Try a new good for me recipe every month.

My reward will be feeling better and maybe some new clothes or hair

blugirrl1 01-09-2004 09:15 AM

CW : 193
GW: 140
plan : am just trying to change my whole lifestyle. portion control ( a major prob. for me) lots of water. move more.
reward : to finally wear the pile of jeans that sits in the back of my closet for " some day"

bigbelly 01-09-2004 09:37 AM

Can you add me to your summer challenge, I am a newbie and need help motivating myself....

I started losing weight in May of last year but I have only dropped 20 pounds in all that time. I would like to lose another 20 by June so that I can wear a bathing suit and not cringe.

sw 185
cw 165
gw 145

Teufelchen 01-09-2004 10:39 AM

Hi everyone :wave:

Hey Mauvais - Thanks for getting us back on track.

My current weight: 189.5 (gained 6.5lbs over the last month :eek: )

My June 5th goal: 169.5

Plan that I am following: WW

What I will do to reach that goal: I will track everyday, I will try to walk 5 days a week, I have signed up for 2 belly dance classes

What I will do when I get to your goal: I will jump up and down for joy - oh and buy some new clothes. I'm also thinking about buy the computerized points converter/tracker from WW.

That's it for now gang.

:devil:

Sojourner 01-09-2004 03:21 PM

Summer...

Well, I'm feeling pretty motivated with the New Year, partly because I felt so bad about gaining weight back over the last five months. :( And I'm just so sick and tired of this being the overriding issue in my life. My weight as of Jan 1 was 185.5 :cry:, and now in my first week I shed four pounds. Great start but I just keep thinking about all the pounds in front of me and the fact that I'm RE-LOSING this weight.

So from the beginning of the year there are about 22 weeks until June. I would like to average losing around a pound a week... so I am going to set my goal weight loss range at 20-25 pounds by June 1st. So that would put me at around 160-165. And if I'm really on track, I hope to lose more.

I will eat smaller meals throughout the day, focusing on whole grains, veggies, fruits, nuts, low-fat dairy, and lean protein. I want to increase my protein intake and try to have some protein with each meal. I also am incorporating a Myoplex shake as one small meal each day. I want to keep my daily calorie intake below 1800, preferably around 1500 calories; this would equal five small 300 calorie meals a day, or four 400 calories meals for 1600 total. I will be avoiding restaraunts as much as possible.

For exercising, my plan is to work out five days a week. M, W, & F will be three cardio workouts; this will include one swimming session, one biking session, and one walking/running session. T & Th will be for weights; one workout upper body and the other lower body.

I am going to track all of my food and exercise on a daily basis, officially weigh in on Mondays, and take my measurements once a month.

Let the games begin! :D

Irish Tart 01-09-2004 06:41 PM

cw 175
gw 140
gw by june 1 150

My plan is to eat 1500-1700, three meals with two snacks a day
Quality protien (some beans and tofu and a few meatless meals)baked chicken, grilled fish
high volume/ low cal veggies, whole grain bread in moderation.
To drink more water(anything here will be an improvement)
3x week exercise with sister at the Y. free weights at home 2x week. short walk with dog in a.m. every day.
daily cal count on fitday. journal writing each day. and a few minutes of silents each day to think about all the blessing that I have in my life and to be thankful that I am well and healthy and appreciate myself just like I am today. Look in the mirror in the morning and night and tell myself that I love me and I am here to support myself through this challenge and beyond and to come on- line and cheer for each of you to reach our goals together!!

Welcome blugrrrl and Big belly!!

Trixi 01-11-2004 02:05 PM

I wanna join to please!!!! I am really serious this time.

Current weight - 187.0 (I just weighed myself and I am crying)
June 5 goal - 145.0 (I CAN do it)
Goal weight - 135.0

I will replace alcohal with water and veggies with potatos. Walking is the only exercise I know how to do properly.

Last time I was posting and trying to lose I was at 170.0 to start and this is truly depressing to know how much I have gained. Can't belive hubby still even looks at me (must be something wrong with his eyesight)

jillmommyc 01-12-2004 11:49 PM

Count me in!

Hi there,

I just found this website and I am still exploring all of the wonderful little supports here and there... Count me in for the summer challenge!

Current Weight: 176
Goal June 5: 135
Plan to follow: SBD ideal

I am starting with a 3 day cleanse and then moving to the SBD. I will be exercising 5 days a week including at least one upper and one lower body weight workouts. Water intake and a food journal are a must for me, for keeping track. I know that is one thing I definitely need.

Along the way I will need new things to wear to feel good about the body I am working so hard to regain, so I will allow myself a small budget for shopping at the thrift store at each 10 lbs mark. When I reach my ultimate goal however, watch out! I will give myself enough to get a new wardrobe to last this new body for a while! I haven't shopped at a real store since before my 3rd child and I have 5!
I am so excited about this! :dizzy:
Thanks for letting me join you. Jill

Noodles913 01-13-2004 04:09 AM

Your current weight: 180

Your June 5th goal: 140

Plan that you are following:

Major Diet/Eating Habit Change. No Sugar, No Fried, Fast Foods, No "Junk Food". No High Salt Foods...Lots of Fruits and Veggies...Chicken & Turkey.

What you will do to reach that goal: i.e. lifestyle changes, personal motivation etc.

I have made a major lifestyle change...I now exercise 5x a week. I eat right. I eat in moderation. I drink almost a gallon of water daily. I also cleanse/detox my system 2-3 times a week. I take all of the right vitamins/amino acids/natural stuff that works for me.
I have a positive attitude and my motivation is all around me. My personal motivation is when people see you've lost a bunch of weight and constantly compliment you. I thrive off of that!
And when your doctor tells you WOW you look good...and you have put your diabetes in reverse, your liver damage is almost healed...etc..it just makes me want to take care of myself even more so. Doctors Orders! :smug:

What you will do when you get to your goal: i.e. a reward of some kind.

I AM GOING SHOPPING!! For new clothes (2nd hand probably..hate itchy new clothes), a new bathing suit (ok this I dont want to wear 2nd hand!), new shoes...make-up. Going to take a vacation with hubb and kid...going to get family photos done...(We havent had any in 10 years.) I am going to go visit people I havent seen for years...And I am going to eat a piece of homemade Butterscotch Pie. Cause I think after waiting that long...I should be allowed 1 slice! hehehe :smug:

shoequeen69 01-13-2004 01:49 PM

This i s my year!

Hi everyone! I missed you! :grouphug: The new year is a perfect time to start over and truely change your life. :soap: I've been doing pretty good so far. I fell of my workout routine over Christmas and I just started back. And I've been trying to eat healthier over the past 3 weeks. We'll see if it has helped after I see my doctor tomorrow. So I guess all thats left are my stats:

Current weight: 197lbs
June 5th goal: 170 lbs

Plan that I am following: low carb, low sodium

What you will do to reach that goal: exercise doing step aerobics, weight training and water aerobics 4 x a week and walking 30 minutes daily 5 x a week.

Reward: a new bathing suit and a pedicure

Personal goals: This WILL be my year. In addition to having a healthy lifestyle I will work on paying off my credit card debt. And move closer to going back to school.

GOOD LUCK CHICKIES! WE CAN DO THIS! :grouphug: :high:

bigbelly 01-16-2004 05:01 PM

I'm stumped.........I have been eating 1500 calories a day and exercising and I seem to be stuck with the 4 pounds that I gained over the holidays, not to mention the weight I want off for June. I have never counted calories before but I seem to need this sort of restriction to keep myself under control....if only i could get it to work. Anyone here count calories? Am I eating too much/too little? I am 5'9 and 165 pounds (was 160.5 before Christmas).

I have been told that I have a spiders body, round in the middle with thin arms and legs, thus my member name is bigbelly. This body image is not working for me. I am ready to change!

ilovemyluckycat 01-17-2004 07:43 PM

I gotta big belly too!

Hi!

We're practically neighbors. I live just outside of Albany!

AS for the weight lose I don't know. Currently I am going to try The Fat Flush Plan. I like the idea of cleaning out my system. It allows you to eat a little, but pays strict attention to giving your liver a break. I'l keep posting about it and see if it works. Has anyone else tried it?

Maybe you have had too much sodium! It isn't hard for that to happen.

Good Luck,
Sandi

Jennifer 3FC 01-18-2004 12:17 AM

BigBelly, maybe it is the kinds of food you are eating and not the calories. I am insulin resistant, and if I eat a nice lowfat low cal way of potatoes and pasta, then I gain weight.

Sandi, I am really interested in the Fat Flush Plan. I have the book. I've thought about doing the cleansing, but I'm happy with South Beach as my regular plan. When do you plan to start? I have a fatty liver and I think this would help me tremendously, because I have very slow weight loss.

ilovemyluckycat 01-18-2004 06:35 PM

Fat Flushing

I started the plan on Saturday (today is day 2). It has 3 parts, the first being a 2 week Fat Flush. That's when things are strict. After that you add on carbs and really end up eating sensibly. What I like so far is :

I can eat fruit (lower glycemic index ones)
I can have a good variety of vegetables
2 eggs a day are okay
No alcohol allowed, so I know I will help my liver

What I don't like...

I quit caffeine cold turkey. OMG! I never thought I was addicted, what a HEADACHE :bomb: Today the headache was there, but faint, by tom. it'll be gone.

It seems pretty acidic and yet I feel no heart burn

I guess anything is tolerable for two weeks. If it jump starts weight loss it'll be good.

Sandi

161/159/129 (June 5th-Summer Challenge)

Snack 01-19-2004 01:53 PM

Newbies allowed?

I want to re-lose some weight before the summer. Last year I started working out daily, lost almost forty pounds and got some muscle tone... but I quit just a few pounds short of my goal because of health problems, and then I used that as an excuse to get back into bad old habits.

I've regained close to twenty pounds, and I've got to drag myself out of my mid-winter hibernation-and-chocolate mode before I find the rest of the weight I lost.

I'm feeling fairly angsty about it at the moment, but I want to turn over a new leaf and reach my goal weight by June 5th.

I'm not on a specific diet plan. Instead I'm doing a more general Get Off The Couch & Put The Cookie Down Plan.
Step One of the plan is to think of a new exercise program that doesn't allow me to use "it's too freakin' cold outside" as an excuse.

jillmommyc 01-19-2004 03:57 PM

Hello girls!

Hi there,

I am sorry it has been so long. I got lost in this website and had to post a question in the forums to figure out how to find you again. I think I have it figured out now.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I do enjoy my kids, and they do keep me hopping!

I will be going to the gym later today to weigh in and will let you know how my first week went. I am just adjusting my eating lifestyle as well as adding in 5 workouts a week and a supplement to help control the munchies. I have changed my original plan, but feel more confident I will be successful with this one. That's what counts right? Not what sounds good, what you can actually do and have it work! :p

I am a stay home mom and would love to chat if you all have a certain time you try to get on and say "Hi". Let me know. C-

stilltrying 01-21-2004 01:44 PM

Is there room for another newbie? One who LOVES Canada ;) Actually I am not a newbie to 3FC, just one who lost her way and could not find a place where she felt she belonged. I've been, ahem, "auditing" a few of the sites and could not settle anywhere until I found that there is another human being in the world who loves to be left alone :lol: and does not hesitate to make this clear to those who are not tuned in to subtle hints...

I would love to join your summer challenge and will give as many details as I am able to, once I know that it is acceptable for me to be here.

sflake 01-22-2004 08:14 AM

Current weight: 220lbs

June 5th goal: 199 lbs

Plan that I are following: SBD

drink water, stay op, exercise!

Reward:
new clothes, and a romantice weekend away with my honey

Personal goals:
get my financial house in order so we can put extra money towards the principal of our mortgage.

mauvaisroux 01-22-2004 12:56 PM

I did keep my promise to myself - I am exercising for 30 to 60 minutes 3X per week - next goal is to do at least 30 everyday - even on weekends :)

mauvaisroux 01-27-2004 12:25 PM

I have split the thread to get back on track to the summer challenge!!!!

Your other posts have not been deleted just moved down the line.
P.S. We also have a daily chat thread as a sticky so you chicks can stop confusing me - you all know how easily confused I am! :crazy:

How is everyone doing so far on their personal challenge? Have you incorporated any lifestyle changes to help you reach your goal?

Noodles913 01-27-2004 12:41 PM

Sorry. :sorry: I wasn't sure how to get it all from here ...to over there... thanks for doin' it. :D

So far, I am still on track with my goals to reach my summer goal. I have been doing different exercises so I don't get bored with the same ol'. I just haven't been able to exercise the 30 minutes a day x 5x a week. I get too sore cause of Arthritis...so I have been alternating days unless I feel OK. I am still eating right, but allowing for that occasional "endulgement". I had been craving a donut for a week so I finally had 1 donut whereas I use to eat 7 donuts. Stuff like that...I have 2 pounds to go to meet my Valentines Goal. Yahoo!!
My friend and I are looking into joining the local badminton club...Do you know that badminton burns up as much calories as swimming or tennis?? We're also getting a Ping Pong table! Hub and I love Ping Pong and it really is a great upper body work out. Maybe I'll be able to beat him now. :lol:

stilltrying 01-27-2004 01:25 PM

Good job Mauvais; we really DID get off the track. You and Noodles seem to be focused on your summer goals and this dedication will undoubtedly get you there.

I have my goals broken into long and short term. They are based on measurements, since the scale makes me nuts! I use cm. instead of inches, so that progress appears more impressive (to me). I am about 2cm. short of my end of Jan. goal but I'll keep plugging away. It has been a bit of a "spotty" month in re. to focus and the weather has not helped. When I can't go out to do my walking I use the stair master but it just isn't the same and my mood is also altered... :( My major effort will be to incorporate some strength training, which is sorely missing :strong: from my life.

mauvaisroux 01-27-2004 02:42 PM

:bravo: on the doughnuts Noodles! They are my downfall too :( So difficult to resist! You are doing really well with your exercising too :D

Stilltrying- you are very close to your January minigoal - good going :cp:and at least you are making an effort to find and alternative when the weather is too bad to go out - :tread:

I am trying to stay focused but I vas very angry with myself this morning :mad: I had gained 2 lbs last week and I am ticked with myself for not tracking my ww points on a daily basis - I have upped my exercise to 3X per week but it isn't helping much if I don't track my points and then go and end up eating chips :( I have such a hard time on the weekends - no structure therefore I eat whatever is available.

As a result I have given myself a boot in the rear end and I am making a promise to myself to track faithfully this week to get back into the habit. I also am going to plan all my meals on the weekend and make my lunches ahead of time.

ilovemyluckycat 01-27-2004 09:41 PM

stilltrying...I measure in cm. too!

I am on plan! I am at day 11 of the Fat Flush Plan. I have 4 days left until I am into phase II and can add in a few carbs here and there. I feel great and the plan has really helped me realize how much junk is in everything we eat. There is so much sodium for example.

I am walking 45-60 minutes daily and doing a little strength training. I'm upping the exercise next week when I add on the carbs. I was tired with this diet at first, but now I feel really refreshed. Oh and I've lost 7 pounds! :D

Sandi

ellis 01-28-2004 05:21 AM

Sandi!! :hat: Congratulations!! :dance:

mauvaisroux 01-28-2004 07:45 AM

Way to go Sandi! :cb:

Lou Lou Belle 01-28-2004 03:47 PM

I want to join the summer challenge too! Let's see....

SW 159, CW 155, GW 140, Ultimate GW 135

My Goal weight for June is 140!!

What will I do? Stay on Program (South Beach). Try to excercise, and drink more water.

My reward? A new warerobe, and a pedicure!

Good luck to all of us!

What will I do to get there?

mauvaisroux 01-28-2004 04:24 PM

Welcome Lou Lou Belle :wave:

stilltrying 01-28-2004 06:14 PM

Nice to have you Lou Lou Belle, sounds like you've got all your ducks in order. Good luck and keep us posted. :)

Mauvais, I think that planning ahead is half the battle. When I don't do that, I am much more likely to grab something I WANT rather than something I should have and think that I'll "figure it out" later. Of course, depending on what my choice is, the figuring may leave me with a baby carrot for dinner! :(

Sandi, those are great results! Way to go! :cp: As for the sodium, you are so right. It can make my wt. fluctuate by 4-5# in a 24hr. period and it makes me nuts because nothing is more likely to lead to my sabotaging my program than having those numbers on the scale start to escalate.

Today I did a lot of snow blowing and then needed some "me time" so I went for a walk. Unfortunately it was a short one because my back did not feel too great. Feeling pretty energetic though, so that's always nice. I have to say though, I AM looking forward to spring and we're not even 30 days into winter yet...sigh...

mauvaisroux 01-28-2004 06:40 PM

Stilltrying and Lou Lou Belle - I have the same problem with sodium too - I can gain 2-3lbs overnight just from eating salty food - and don't even get me started about chinese food :rolleyes:

When I walked home from work today it there was still a little bit of light - a sure sign that the winter is coming to a close, albeit a slow one. We will have snow up until March - but my mind is thinking Spring is just around the corner - it keeps me going :D

When I opened my mailbox today it was stuffed with pizza flyers from four different places :yikes: I tossed them into the recycle bin immediately so I would not be tempted to order out tonight. ....:chin: I think I will do that with every flyer that we receive in the mail - better to not be tempted :devil:

ilovemyluckycat 01-28-2004 07:18 PM

Hi LouLou Belle and thanks for the encouragement guys! Let's all keep going.

Sandi

ellis 01-28-2004 08:58 PM

Lou Lou, I thought I was in the wrong forum. :lol:
Welcome to Alternachicks! :D

aphil 01-29-2004 11:12 AM

Hey...count me in for the New Year's summer challenge!
My current weight is 175 pounds...and 36% body fat. I started out 2 years ago at 211 pounds and my body fat percentage was in the 40's as far as percentage...I don't remember the exact number. I have went from a size 20 to a 16 so far. My goal is to be in the 160's by spring...around March-ish...and I would love to be in the 150's by mid-summer. My other fitness goals are to lower my body fat percentage into the 20's this year.

The plan I am following is calorie counting-paying special attention to eating clean, high nutrition foods like lean protein sources, and lots of produce-and keeping processed foods like cookies and crackers to a minimum.

My exercise schedul is 3 days a week of strength training-belly dancing classes twice a week for an hour each time...one in a group class, and the
other a private lesson...and cardio through practicing belly dancing at home or walking 2-3 days a week. I also do athletic stretching and yoga or Pilates
once a week to stretch my spine and improve flexibility for dancing.

I have many rewards systems going...with every landmark weight...or mini goal reached...I purchase a little bauble...a belly dance "pretty" like a new veil or hip scarf...or a new outfit. I have become a lot more high maintenance
over the past 2 years-taking lots of scented baths, painting my toenails...I do
at least one small thing like that for "me" each day.

Aphil

stilltrying 01-29-2004 11:13 AM

Mauvais, now THAT is good planning!I agree that not exposing ourselves to temptations is one of the most effective interventions we can apply to our valiant efforts to stay on our programs. What I find most unsettling is UNEXPECTED, pop-up attacks. If I know that a particular food is "there" it does not bother me but if I happen on it unexpectedly I'm almost always vulnerable. For example, there is a huge basket of candy in the family room and I walk past it 20 times a day without a problem but if somebody leaves out a half an uneaten doughnut it can start me on a week-long binge.

Re. winter, we've had an unusual occurrence for the past few years. We had such warm Nov. and Dec. that the trees budded. Then, of course, we were hit with real winter temps and weather. Meanwhile though, we're left with the buds. It makes me smile, like spring is just around the corner, though it is not true. Went out for my walk today and it was definitely not true.

Hi all chickies :) Have a good day.

ellis 01-29-2004 11:24 AM

Oh, Still... I hope your trees are alright!

Mauvais? Did you say Chinese food? :D

Aphil, I like your reward system... that's something that Den and I should work on.

stilltrying 01-29-2004 11:25 AM

Hi Aphil, how nice to see you here! :wave: You don't know me but I "audited" (hate the word lurking; makes me feel like a pervert :o ) your forum for a few months to see if I could fit in. I was always SO impressed by your dedication to your program and your activity/exercise level. SO, now that you are here, I can come out and address you. I look forward to enjoying your progress with you. THose are awesome numbers on the fat % front! You are truly an inspiration! :bravo: and so are your friends on the calorie counting forum.