3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Summer Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/35646-summer-challenge.html)

mauvaisroux 03-02-2004 10:10 AM

Yeah, I am :drill: at you too Amy! Get back on the wagon chickie :cheer:

shoequeen69 03-03-2004 12:17 PM

HAHAHA Thanks Ellis and Mauvroux :D You made my day. Ok I'm doing pretty good this week so far! I made the most beautiful salad I've ever seen last night for dinner. I swear it looked like it came from a restaurant! Target had these great pre-packaged greens so I got 1 with spring mix and 1 with spinach and carrots, then I got a package of almond slivers mixed with dried cranberries, creamy poppyseed dressing, chicken squares and mandarin oranges. It was sooo good! And I was even able to avoid the wedding cookies my family bought! :smug: Monday I did weights :strong: and did 5 minutes on the stationary bike and 5 minutes on the elliptical machine (that thing is hard!) :tread: . Last night I did an hour of step aerobics. Tonight is my night off so its going to be a little harder to be good since we're having a basketball watching party. But I'm going to try. I'm determined to stay under 200lbs! I've cut back on my sodas again too. Thanks for listening. I'll shut up now :ziplip: haha. Later - Amy

Gracenote 03-03-2004 09:10 PM

Go Shoequeen! That salad sounds delish! One I always love making (I mimicked something I had at Cheesecake Factory once) is called the "Sunshine Salad".. It has Romaine, Mandarin orange pieces, candied pecans, avocados and a sweet onion dressing that I buy from Costco. The salad is probably higher in calories than most salads, but it's so yummy! I love avocados!

Anyway, ta-ta ladies!! And remember, struggle makes you stronger!!

mauvaisroux 03-03-2004 11:11 PM

Good going Shoequeen! :cp:

lizziness 03-04-2004 01:45 PM

Wow, I had forgotten that I had made a summer challenge and when i read it i was really encouraged. I am already down to 207, my goal for the summer was under 200. I may make it after all!!

SBD is working great I have tons of energy now. Though my motivation for exercise is not really there yet. I'll have to focus on that now.

mauvaisroux 03-04-2004 01:52 PM

That's great lizziness! :cp:

ellis 03-04-2004 05:20 PM

How the heck did I land up in HERE?!?! :rofl:

blugirrl1 03-05-2004 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellis
How the heck did I land up in HERE?!?! :rofl:

spaceship beam you down? lol

Hello ladies need to get my butt in gear so thought i would poke my head around here and get myself motivated again.

shoequeen that salad sounds really good.

Way to go Lizzy !!!!

shoequeen69 03-05-2004 10:13 AM

Wow! You go lizziness! :bravo: hahaha Ellis you crack me up! I'm a little tired today. I skipped my exercise last night but I'm going tonight to do weights and treadmill. :tread: So that will make 3 times this week. I really need to work back up to 4-5 days a week. Tough! I'm eating lighter this week. So far so good. Hope you gals have a good weekend. :cool:

Gracenote 03-05-2004 12:49 PM

Hey everyone,

Well I totally binged and I feel horrible. I got sucked into going to Norm's last night with my hubby after midnight. Don't ask. He loves food and so do I and it's a disease!!! I ate a salad and a garden sandwich and (dun, dun, dun...) fries... and I was so full afterwards.

I didn't get a chance to exercise yesterday and I won't be able to today either because I won't have a livingroom until our windows are installed sometime today.

Ahhrgh! I'm just so sick of being overweight, but my weakness for food is more powerful that my will to lose sometimes. I know know if you all can relate or not. It's much easier for me to exercise than to resist some sweet baklava.

Anyway, can I get a drill sargeant?

You guys are awesome!

mauvaisroux 03-05-2004 02:30 PM

You got it! :drill: :drill: :drill:

Now get your butt in gear Gracenote! :lol:

Gracenote 03-06-2004 02:54 PM

Hey, I lost a pound this week despite my binge!!! Thanks mauvaisroux! Hopefully next week I'll lose another pound!

Have a great weekend!

Jennifer 3FC 03-06-2004 10:14 PM

Well I definitely won't make my summer challenge goal. I've been on a plateau for so long! I finally lost 2 pounds though this last week. It's about time! I'm still going to go for 75 percent of my goal, it just means I'll have to work much harder. I really WANT to hit it! When was this challenge up - June 1st, or the first day of summer?

Jennifer 3FC 03-06-2004 10:15 PM

Oh I just found it. June 5th! I better get cracking!

Gracenote 03-07-2004 04:19 AM

Woohoo! Way to break through that plateau Jennifer! :bravo:

I think I've been on a plateau for 4 years! :lol: