Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 12:17 PM   #31  

Height: 5'-2"

Hmmm... I wonder what Crystal Light would be like frozen into popsicles?! I'm going to try it.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:20 PM   #32  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

That's a great idea Ellis!!!! I am going to try that too!
Old 06-17-2003, 02:59 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

I've never been a big fan of Slim Fast - but I bought a box of the "Rich Chewy Caramel" snack bars (I bought them specifically because they have 2g of fiber in each little bar) and they're really good. I keep them at work - great for an afternoon snack and they actually satisfy my craving for dessert.

Oh, and I've found that Lean Cuisine actually has one okay meal... the fettucine alfredo (WITHOUT chicken). I normally add plain garlic powder (not garlic salt) to it and it's actually pretty good.

And if you haven't had it before, try Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal. It's really tasty, slightly sweet and has like 8g of fiber. I normally eat it dry, as a snack. They also make a drink (Go Lean Ready-to-drink shakes) - lots of vitamins, 8g of fiber and decent tasting. Not like a milk-shake or anything, but edible, lol. I like the chocolate flavor best.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:16 AM   #34  

For all you Canadian Chicks President's Choice has come out with low fat beef burgers and low-fat breaded chicken breasts.

A couple of my friends have tried them and said they both were really good. The chicken turns out nice and crunchy.

They are available at Loblaws and at Independant Grocers, not sure if any other chains carry them.

I am going to buy some this weekend

They also have come out with Too Good To Be True rice chips which actually taste pretty good. They claim that these chips have 80% less fat than their regular (PC) chips. I will be checking those out too

I'm not sure if you American chicks get President's Choice products down there. (Only in Canada you say? Pity You Red Rose tea drinkers will remember that one! )

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 06-18-2003 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:36 AM   #35  

Height: 5'-2"

I do like President's Choice stuff, Mauvais. There's a Nasi Goreng that's really good, too. (or **** Goring... as my British parents jokingly refer to it as)
DH and I have started drinking green tea on a regular basis. It's supposed to ummm... slow the absorption of fat ... or something or other...
Old 06-18-2003, 11:28 AM   #36  

I'm new to this thread, but would love to jump in and give my 2 cents worth...

I have a great pizza recipe...
1 cheapo tube of biscuits (cut ea. into quarters) set aside
1 jar Ragu pizza sauce
onions, peppers, mushrooms, bl. olives, etc.
16 pepperoni slices (cut into quarters)
low fat shredded cheese

Saute the onion, peppers, etc. in spray until tender, add the jar of ragu and the pepperoni. Toss in the cut up biscuits. Pour this into a sprayed square pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Top with your favorite cheese and bake for 10 more min. Cut into 6 pieces and it's 4.5 points each. Per serving = 215 cal, 7 g. of fat

Diet Rootbeer with a scoop of frozen Cool whip free make a great rootbeer float. .5 of a point

I also save the containers of those awful dinners that I have tried and put in my low fat leftovers for a meal to take to work-nothing to carry home and helps with portion control.

*made goal on 6/16/03!!! 52# gone for good!!!
Old 06-18-2003, 11:51 AM   #37  

mmmmmm those sound yummy!

Thanks for the tips idealperson and congratulations on reaching your goal!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 06-20-2003 at 07:24 AM.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:13 PM   #38  
Hot Stuff

Hey, I bought a bag of those PC Rice Chips tonight. Barbeque flavor. Wellllll.....they certainly satisfy the crunchies, flavor is good while it lasts, but it kinda disappears halfway through crunching and then you're left with something akin to a mouthful of dry puffed wheat.

I'll eat the ones I bought, but probably won't buy 'em again.

Oh, and RubensMuse, your protein bar information has been very helpful! I like both the Detour and U-Turn (holy crap they're good!). I didn't like the Myoplex Cookies and Cream, though....I have a peanut butter one to try. Have you had a Myoplex Lite Peanut Caramel Crisp bar? I'll never buy grocery store granola bars again! It's a really dense rice-crisp type bar, with a peanut-caramel flavor and chocolate on the bottom. I had a U-Turn for lunch today and everyone was asking why I was eating a chocolate bar for lunch! I actually felt guilty, it was so good!

Last edited by Wildfire; 06-19-2003 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:31 PM   #39  
Buggin' with Pugs

OK more snackins....Widlfire, I haven't tried that particular bar, but thanks for the tip. I am always looking for good snackies.

I have tried the folloing Diet things lately;

WW Meatball Pocket sandwich, the frozen ones.
Ok this was gross to me. Had a very unusal taste that coated the tongue for way too long. Had to brush my teeth after.

Lean Pockets- Breakfast Bacon Egg & Cheese
This were not bad at all. I spruced it up with a splash of Tobassco, but it was good enough for the 'on the fly' meal. A few more carbs and fat than personally prefered, but not awful and not enough to feel guilty.

Boca Burgers - Grilled Italian
I grilled these up, put some low-fat pepper jack cheese on them and had the Hub wanting more. we went sans bun, but had rolled, grilled tortillas on the side with a pat of Chipotle mayo.

Fruit O2 Water
This stuff is addicting. Not too sweet and not to watery. I preferred the Lemon over the berry ones. They are sweetend with Splenda. These were a nice break from the Propel.

Sobe Lean
Battery acid with rotten fruit. Nuff said.

Remember these are my opinions, and taste buds vary.

Thanks for keeping up with this thread...i know it has helped me alot!!!!
Old 06-23-2003, 10:36 AM   #40  

Tried the baked Lay's on the weekend. Not bad. They remind me of those Muncho chips in texture, they taste less salty and oily than regular chips but they taste better with some low-fat dip on them.

I would buy them again but I think I like the Snackwells potato thins better
Old 06-23-2003, 11:54 PM   #41  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

have you noticed that the baked chips NEVER go on sale?
Old 06-24-2003, 10:56 AM   #42  

Um... it is the first time I have ever bought the baked chips but now that you mention it the other chips were on sale 2/ $4.00
Old 06-24-2003, 11:45 AM   #43  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

YUP!! REALLY annoys me. The baked ones are more expensive to BEGIN with, and then they NEVER go on sale!!! (I SHOULD put this under the
B*TCH thread...THAT'S how much it annoys me!!!) At any rate, I won't be able to eat them anymore, regular OR baked. (sob)
Closed Thread