Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 08:35 PM   #16  

Those ranchers out west sure aren't jolly these days, not here in Canada anyhow...

I saw on the CalorieKing.com listing in their candy category (I browse around in the candy category a fair bit, perhaps hoping that I will discover that there is some magic kind of chocolate that is low cal & fat free & GOOD)...anyway Baskin Robbins does hard candy in ice cream flavours and it is 20 cals a piece, so like the little Jollies (as we call them here, eldest DD likes Jollies as a treat).

Baked Lays are really good too, only I can easily eat a whole bag myself - only takes me a couple chapters of a good book too! I find with a lot of relatively OK things, that you are supposed to just have a nice portion of, I can't really be trusted with them. Like for example Snackwell cookies. Can't have THEM around, no sir. Will eat a whole box or bag, be they little or big. Rice cakes too [long sighing sort of burp]

Lidian
Old 05-27-2003, 09:01 PM   #17  
Buggin' with Pugs

I can't find the Highliner fish stuff here. I have called all the local grocers and no luck
And I so love fishies.....Gortons is those closest I could find and I don't trust anyone who has the character from I Know What You Did Last Summer as their mascot.

Maybe its not fish?
Old 05-27-2003, 09:10 PM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Don't tell me we have something that you DON'T have!!
Old 05-28-2003, 12:47 AM   #19  
Pending Email Confirmation

SlimFast is not usually my favourite treat, but they came out with something new and i actually like it. i was excited.
it's their peanut butter granola bars. THey are Meal Replacement Bars, but are not as heavy as their usual ones are. The taste is good, and there is chocolate to boot!
I am very picky, and i liked them. only complaint was that it was a bit sweet, like hurt the teeth sweet. but, for chocolate, i'll make the exception!
I bought some of the new Healthy CHoice Mixed Grills, they look good. I will report back when I have tried them.

Blessings!
Old 06-04-2003, 10:53 AM   #20  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Renees' naturally low-fat salad dressing- roasted red pepper and garlic yummy, low-carb, no chemicals and no sugar added!

For those of you on WW I think it is 1 pt per tbsp.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:38 PM   #21  

Default lean cuisine

Seriously, Lean Cuisine should rename themselves "Crap in a Box" What a bunch of nasty meals. I bought 8 different kinds, mostly the asian ones. And I have had to throw out 3 so far because I couldn't choke them down.
DISGUSTING! The only one I've liked so far was the Seseme Chicken. I just tossed out Basil Chicken today - it was all grisly and rubbery. And while I'm ranting why the **** do they put peppers in EVERYTHING?!?! GRRRRRRRRRrrr.

I need something easy to take to work with me, I only get a 30 minute lunch break. I am running out of ideas and can't find a frozen meal that doesn't make me want to retch.

I tossed out the Lean Cuisine and had a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos and a piece of fudge. Not exactly what I was aiming for...

any suggestions for a work meal????
Old 06-04-2003, 08:19 PM   #22  

Oh yum... Cool Ranch Doritos! You're tempting me, Lizzi...

I agree with you about the Lean Cuisines. They all taste the same. Why can't they make something without chicken in it? How about pork? Or low fat macaroni and cheese!
Old 06-04-2003, 08:54 PM   #23  
Cat Lover

Hi everybody!!!!!!!

I like Lean Cuisine in a pinch because its quick and easy, but you have to eat it really slowly or then after you are odne you are hungry still. I find they have too much sodium. I am dying of thirst and have a burning mouth after eating them. I usually make up my own versions of low fat. But I also love chicken and peppers!!! Guess I'm no good for this idea!

Sandi
Old 06-04-2003, 09:04 PM   #24  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I really like the swedish meatball Lean Cuisine, but most of the others aren't that good.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:18 PM   #25  

tried the Healthy Choice Grill meal today and it was alright. On a scale of 1 - 5 i would give it about a 3.5 or so. It had too much sodium and too many carbs but was low calorie-ish.

i had the BBQ today, i have a Teriyaki waiting in the fridge. Still can't think of any good work lunch ideas...
Old 06-06-2003, 07:15 AM   #26  

Oh yeah... you wanted ideas, Lizzi.

Have you ever thought of making up a bunch of freezer lunches? There are a number of good sites on the Internet for make-ahead/freezer recipes.
You could make up something like a whole bunch of mini-quiches and freeze them...

Lettuce wraps are really good... wrap lettuce around some chicken, roasted red/green peppers, mushrooms, etc. They're really yummy, and no bread is required.

You could also use those rice paper circles to make easy-to-handle wraps. We buy "shrimp rolls" often at a Vietnamese restaurant near us. But I've made them myself, too, and they're not difficult. They've got in them shrimp, vermicelli, spinach, mint, bean sprouts... We get a wicked peanut sauce with them for dipping, but you could use all kinds of things.

Sandi, I love chicken... I just don't like the sweet sauces that Lean Cuisine uses. You're right... they DO use too much sodium. As does everyone else.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:11 PM   #27  

I am really enjoying the caramel Sweet Escapes as an occasional treat. I took them to the movies so that I would not be tempted by the overpriced junk food and it gave me the taste of chocolate.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:07 PM   #28  

Yummy!

I tried the Healthy Choice frozen chocolate fudge bar on the weekend....delicious, it is almost like eating a real fudgesickle, creamy and chocolaty I will be buying a box of them at costco this weekend!
Old 06-17-2003, 01:13 AM   #29  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Their sorbet and cream bars are good too!!!
Old 06-17-2003, 10:52 AM   #30  

Thanks Den- I did not see those, just the fudge ones.

Apparently Dairy Queen sells orange bars (guess they are like creamsickles ) and they are supposedly 1 point each - two of my gfs tried them and said they were really good. I think you can buy a box of them -10 bars for $9.99 CAN.

My other recommendation is the Crystal Light singles. Individual pouches that make one 500 ml serving of your fave flavor. Very portable - you can dump them into a store bought 500 ml bottle of water - shake and drink. You get 8 pouches in a box.

I had the Strawberry, orange and banana flavor in a 32 oz glass of water this morning -yummy
Closed Thread