Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 11:57 AM   #61  

Where did you get rosemary/peppermint? It sounds wonderful...I have a bunch of Spiritual Sky sticks I like, in pine, strawberry, cinnamon etc. It ceratinly does improve the, um, atmosphere around here when it needs improving!

Lidian
Old 06-14-2003, 05:19 PM   #62  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh sorry... I'm just looking at it now... it's eucalyptus/peppermint. It's made by ummmm, Marvel Fragrances in India for the Abbott Collection. AGRA. ? Someone gave it to me. It's in a lovely green and mauve tube. Something I probably couldn't afford to buy for myself.

I'm having one of those days when I want to eat everything in sight.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:36 PM   #63  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hey Lunula- congratulations on starting your program, how are you doing so far?

MMMMMM.....I love incense too-my favorite at the moment is cinnamon.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:16 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Well, Mauv... I haven't actually gone to a meeting yet, lol. I have my 10 coupons and my first meeting will be this coming Friday.

I hope I do as well as you're doing!

And Ellis, I have a fat brass Buddha for incense, too! I stole it from my father - his brother brought it back from Vietnam after the war (I think he still looks for it once in a while, hehe). My fave fragrance at the moment is clove... mmmmmm.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:57 PM   #65  

Lunula, good luck on Friday! I hope you like it!
Where we live we're surrounded by different cultures (my son's school has kids from over 50 different countries!), and there are a LOT of Vietnamese people. I love them... we have the most wonderful neighbours. One of them on occasion will drop over with a plate of fresh home made spring rolls... oh geez... they are to DIE for!
I love my Buddha... I love it when my uptight SIL comes over and looks at it with disapproval. (she's a Christian, and so am I, but GET OVER IT! )
Old 06-15-2003, 08:16 PM   #66  

Ellis- I am so buying a house in your neigborhood-just so the neighbors will feed me- oh and so I can pop by any time-I just know how much you looooove surprise drop ins, what with your "GET LOST" door mat and all
Old 06-15-2003, 08:37 PM   #67  

Ellis & Lunula, you remind me...my fave necklace is a medal of the Great Buddha in Nara, Japan (I think it is that one) on a red string - on one side, a little round photo of it, on the other, a prayer in red calligraphy on a yellow background. I love it, and even though I am not religious I ALWAYS wear it on long trips. For good karma/luck. I don;t let the girls borrow it either, and I let them borrow necklaces a fair bit.

Lidian
Old 06-15-2003, 08:40 PM   #68  

That's the last time I'm dim summing with YOU missy!!
Mauvais, this is the BEST neighbourhood! We would LOVE to have you here. We are the coolest neighbourhood in Ottawa.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:45 PM   #69  

Lidian... your necklace sounds COOL! I wonder if I can find one like it down the street...
Mauvais and Ruth, we have to dim sum again soon and pop into "Times Giftshop". A Chinese giftshop with the neatest stuff...

Okay girls... everyone up to Ottawa for a dim sum blowout!!
Old 06-16-2003, 10:20 AM   #70  

I want to live in your neighbourhood too! It sounds very cool. And I am too retiring to drop in! Actually our neighbours on both sides are a bit like me so we chat a tiny bit and then get on with being shy! (they are quite nice, it isn't that we aren't talking a lot cuz we are not getting along!)

I got the Buddha necklace at Value Village, where I get lots of good stuff. I couldn't believe someone wanted to get rid of it!

Lidian
Old 06-16-2003, 10:27 AM   #71  

People have stopped dropping in on me. Of course I DID stop answering the door a few years ago, which could have something to do with it.

I LOVE Value Village, Lidian!
Your neighbours sound perfect. Friendly, yet not intrusive. I can't sit on my verandah without having to constantly interrupt my READING TIME in order to say hello to people. Maybe I'm just too darned friendly.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:57 AM   #72  

I am closing this thread as it is getting a bit long

I did start a new chickchat thread for us this morning-see you there!

Mauvais the moderator

(is that like Krull the Conqueror? or some other warrior type person - I know, I'll be a warrior goddess, yeah, that's the ticket! )
Closed Thread