love and prayers

ellis
Old 05-14-2003, 11:47 AM   #47  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hope you are doing better soon Rubens
Old 05-14-2003, 01:04 PM   #48  
a brave new me...

Unhappy Rubens!

Oh dear honey... I had an HSG last fall and it was horribly painful. I had to be wheeled out in a wheelchair and ended up in bed the entire day doubled over in pain. Bad news for us after that test... my tubes are blocked. We have been trying to get pregnant for a year and a half. I go in for surgery June 13th (yes, Friday the 13th good thing I'm not superstitious). I also have mild PCOS. Keep us posted, if you want to share. I'm so sorry you had to go through this, but hopefully they will now be able to move forward with a treatment plan.
Old 05-15-2003, 02:38 AM   #49  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Rubens-Sorry things have been so rough for you. I had to have a pelvic ultrasound and a uterine biopsy last year, and the biopsy was HORRIBLE. It sounds like a breeze compared to what they did to you though. WHY do we have to be tortured?!?!?! (By the way, a friend of mine referred to the ultrasound as "A date without flowers" which had me laughing during THAT procedure!!!)

I have been fighting off a cold and feeling miserable, but I have some GOOD news to share!!!! My sister has been in the process of adopting a baby from Guatemala (since he was born last October...GRR!!!) WELL!! She and my Mom went down there this past Monday, and they e-mailed to say everything is FINALLY settled and they are bringing him back tomorrow!!!!! I am SO happy for her (She tried in vitro and all kinds of stuff, and ended up needing a hysterectomy this last january.) Thrilled for MYSELF too, as this makes me an Aunt for the first time!!! Now I get to be the "spoiler" instead of the meany!!!
My Mom offered to pay for my ticket, so I'll be going to Rhode Island in 10 days to see little Julian!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 06:09 AM   #50  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Woo Hoo!!!!

Congrats Auntie Den!
Old 05-15-2003, 09:58 AM   #51  

Height: 5'-2"

Auntie Den... how wonderful for all of you!!
Take care of that cold, sweetie!
Old 05-15-2003, 12:28 PM   #52  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I feel like I won't make my ten pounds by June 1st since this is the long weekend. I am going out for dinner tonight, tomorrow is dinner then the Matrix Reloaded (temptations of popcorn and other junk ) then on Sunday we are going to my friend's mom's 80th birthday party which will involve beef bourginon and Baumkuchen cake for dessert.
And monday there may be a bbq to attend

I will be a big fat bloated by Tuesday
Old 05-15-2003, 12:41 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

I am going to make the goal of a 10 pound GAIN
Old 05-15-2003, 06:01 PM   #54  

Thanks All!! He has cut a tooth since my Sis picked him up on Monday, so she has REALLY been thrust into motherhood!! She also sounds happier than I have heard her sound in YEARS. This has been a long hard road for her, so I am VERY happy for her!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 06:28 PM   #55  

A tooth! Good lord! Next thing you know he'll have a mustache!!
Old 05-16-2003, 08:31 AM   #56  

No kidding!! I wish they hadn't made her wait 7 months to get him!!!!!
Old 05-16-2003, 10:10 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Well Den ~ It is really wonderful that she was able to get him... grats and many well wishes.

Well Guys I was right I am up to 170 this morning.... and I have walked several times this week.... Sucks to be me.

Amy
Old 05-16-2003, 04:21 PM   #58  
Buggin' with Pugs

Hey ya'll!!!! Guess who's back!!!! Well CONGRATS the the baby!!! how exciting!!

I am doing better mentally this week, even though my medical problems are not resolved. I did NOT weigh this AM, cause I am seriously bloated after Mondays procedures....yes bleeding even more... and just don't have the balls to step on the scale. There's always next week though!!!

I hope everyone is doing well. Amy, don't fret hun, you'll turn it around!!! I noticed the week I walked I gained some too. weird, but there must be some reason for it.

(((hug)))) to all
Old 05-21-2003, 08:20 AM   #59  
Buggin' with Pugs

Hey guys!!! Hopefully I have good news. I am going to yet ANOTHER new doctor today at 2:30. He's not really new, but after I told his nurse what happened, she called him on vacation and he wanted to see me right when he got back. See, the only reason i didn't go back to him in the first place, was due to insurance issues. However, we have that resolved now. Thanks to his office manager. I will not be going back to the other lady doc. With everything that happened, and her lack of concern, really messed me up...quite frankly, she doesn't deserve me as a patient. So there.

Anyway, some other interesting things. I found a NEW meal replacement bar. And I am not kidding when i say they are super delicious and have loads of protein. They are called Detour and U-Turn. One taste like Snickers the other like a Milky Way. You would NEVER think of these as diet. I ate one last night before class with a water and I was feeling full and satisfied the rest of the night.

Well I have some work to get done before i go to the doc....ta ta for now! i hope everyone is doing FAB.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:40 AM   #60  

Rubens, I'll give you my address and you can ship a box up.
Glad to hear your news about the doctor, hon!
Closed Thread