Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 06:41 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Smile Chicksel and Eggbert at the Movies

em...isn't that Siskel and Ebert ? SHHHH! Do you want to get sued!?!?

Yes, me again, the instigator .......hmmm....maybe I should change my name?

Just starting a new thread for movie reviews, recommendations and discussions. Tawk amongst yourselves!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 04-10-2003 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:47 PM   #2  

ZOOLANDER

I watched this one last week.

Okay, when you go to press play on your vcr/dvd player make sure your brain is switched off for this one

This is a very silly movie, good for a few laughs and has the eye candy of Owen Wilson for those of us who wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers

Maybe I found it funny because I used to work in the fashion industry as a buyer, display person and part-time stylist and enjoyed seeing the industry mocked and yeah, some of the models can be that dumb

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 04-10-2003 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:05 PM   #3  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

YUP!! Stupid yet fun!!!! The duel between Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller was GREAT!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 09:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Okay haven't seen Zoolander but another good Owen Wilson movie is Behind Enemey Lines.... He is just cute actually tried to act in this movie....

Best Action Flick I have seen in a LONG time>>>>>

A Man Apart..... Vin Diesel not only looks great!!! He is awesome in this movie. I loved it. It is shoot emm up but it was really good. One of his best, first movie I have seen that shows his ethnicity and I actually think he can act. Just my opinion though.

Another New release>>>>>

Phone Booth..... Watchable. Wasn't the best and wasn't the worst. Colin Farrell was pretty good, the movie was more of a soliloquy than anything.

DH is going tomorrow to see Rob Zombie's new movie.. will give you his opinion tomorrow....

Amy
Old 04-11-2003, 09:09 AM   #5  

Hmmph! I wanted to see that Rob Zombie movie too but it is not being released where I live It is called House of 1000 Corpses. I'm not sure why they are not releasing it here-DH called 2 of the big theatres and they said they weren't going to have it even though they have the coming soon posters advertising it in the lobby!
Old 04-11-2003, 09:14 AM   #6  

I am just not too sure about that movie... I am sorta glad I have to work this afternoon...
Old 04-12-2003, 12:57 AM   #7  

Went and saw Anger Management today!

Put me in a good mood for having to go to work and deal with screaming kids and stupid parents all night. Loved the movie, one of the funniest I have seen in a long time. Jack Nicholson was hilarious and Adam Sandler well.... was Adam Sandler.... Had all of the regulars from his movies and some really funny cameo appearances of couple of pretty famous people. Wont give anything away but it was good, if you want to see a funny movie definitely put that one one the list.

Did not go see the Zombie Movie... might try next week the reveiws were pretty horrid..
Old 04-12-2003, 07:10 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, I want to see "Anger Management" too, Amy! I love Jack Nicholson.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:36 AM   #9  
Hot Stuff

*drool* I'd watch ANYTHING with Vin Diesel in it. He's positively yummy. We rented Knock Around Boys a couple of weeks ago. Not a bad movie...even better with Vin in it!

I'm interested in seeing 1000 Corpses, just to see what crazy Rob has dreamed up. You can bet there's heavy music in there! Personally, I never let what the so-called "critics" say influence my decision to see or not see a particular movie. I go for the entertainment, not the analysis! There are plenty of movies they hated that I really enjoyed.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:49 AM   #10  

Well we don't usually give the critics any thought. I had to be at work at 3PM so DH changed his mind about 1000 Corpses so that I could go with him. Friday is date day Work is slow so we hit the movies on Friday, get to see a lot of opening stuff.
Old 04-12-2003, 12:25 PM   #11  

Just a warning about House of 1000 Corpses- it probably won't be an easy watch! I have seen part of it and it seems to start slow, has a weird theme and is not for the sqeamish It may be one of those films you totally love or go and demand your money back from the theatre manager

It has the makings of one of those cult horror films that doesn't do well at the theatre but makes a killing in rental and DVD sales

Mr. Zombie appears to be influenced by such films as Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Hills Have Eyes, etc., etc. Which is okay by me but this film may not be everyone's cup of tea. DH and I collect movies like this.

Since it seems that it will not be released in my city I guess I will just have to wait for the DVD but I was looking forward to seeing it on the big screen
Old 04-12-2003, 03:02 PM   #12  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Frida was fabulous. I saw it last weekend and LOVED it. Very chica oriented but my Cute Boyfriend even loved it.

Our conversation:
Me: Wow, when Selma announced she's being doing Frida, I was really nervous it would turn into something terrible but it was really true to Frida. Selma Hayek had really.... (long paud as I search for the word)

The Cute Boyfriend: (dreamily) Great boobs.

HAHAHAHHA!
Old 04-14-2003, 10:48 AM   #13  
Searching

Default I rented some weird movies

I watched Bound this weekend. I really enjoyed it. I like the Warchowski Brothers from the Matrix. My husband was barely giving the movie a chance because he saw just the beginning and its pretty sex heavy. He had wrapped it up in another gay chick flick. He like the mob stuff. Sex and violence! Two thumbs up! LOL!

Then I got this Japanese movie Taboo. It's about gay Samuri's. I think the moral is, "Don't be too good looking and in the army if your gay because they will kill you"

I know it gave me bad, bad, bad dream!!!!!!!!

Miss Chris
Old 04-14-2003, 12:04 PM   #14  
Buggin' with Pugs

Over the Weekend we saw:
Red Dragon: Not bad. Back in the 80's they did the same movie and it was called Manhunter. I would say it was as good as Silence of the Lambs. Of course Anthony Hopkins made the movie, but Ralph Fiennes did a great job acting creepy.

Four Feathers: Actually of they could have just sped up a few scenes and edited some talking, this would have been an excellent movie. It had a good plot and good acting, but it was missing some 'speed'. A good one to watch when you are bedridden or feel in a serious kinda mood.

I-Spy: Yes we sat through this one again. Owen Wilson and Eddie Murphy do a great job entertaining you. Just don't expect "realism", and you can get a good laugh, sarcastic fun and worth seeing when your down.

Stealing Harvard: Typical teen kinda movie and I can't say i enjoyed it that much. A few parts were pretty funny, but over all, I wouldn't watch it again...but not that ashamed i paid a rental fee for it.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:38 PM   #15  

Okay... it is official. 1000 corpses... was a complete bust. IMO I am a scary movie buff and we got up and left in the middle of this one, couldn't even see it through til the end.
Closed Thread