Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 09:42 PM   #16  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default movies i've seen recently

Okay, here's the list of movies I have watched recently... and what I thought of them.

Spirited Away - If you like anime it's good. If you just like a good kids animated cartoon once in a while it's still good. I really really enjoyed this one. Hubby and I are kind of anime conneseours and we both liked it so much we are buying it. We rarely buy anything - heh.

The Ring - yeah, okay, I'm behind everyone else. I used to be able to say I had never watched a "scary" movie that got to me. This one got to me. could have been my mood, could have been the movie, I dunno. But I liked it.

The Princess and the Warrior - this is a german film by the same person who did Run Lola Run. With the same lead actress. It was VERY good. Had to read subtitles - or try to understand the german if you're a geek like i was in highschool... but it is worth the "work" for this one. The only thing that bugged me was when I knew the lines in German and the Subtitle didn't reflect what the actor had really said. But that happens with subtitles in general i think.

Umm... that's pretty much the only movies lately. I have just finished the series "All Creatures Great and Small" on DVD (they only go to the 2nd season though) and we have been plugging through the "Sopranos" as well... we are on season 3 i think. We are kinda slow to pick up on new stuff.
Old 04-25-2003, 04:21 PM   #17  
Searching

I saw The Hours in MN. This is another occasion where the movie is better than the book. The actresses brought depth and understanding to the movie that the book just didn't have.

Miss Chris
Old 04-27-2003, 12:35 AM   #18  
a brave new me...

Yes, I heard that the book wasn't so great... glad to hear the movie was good. Its now on my list to see.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:43 PM   #19  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

DH and I rented 3 movies on Friday night and just snuggled in with takeout dinners.

1. Transporter-good fight scenes, amazing car chase scenes- plot not so good but enjoyable none the less. Oh, yeah, stuff blows up real good too!

2. Darkness Falls: I thought this was going to be a cheesy horror movie but it was actually really creepy! Definetely worth renting

3. I-Spy: hilarious, goofball adventure Spy spoof Owen Wilson and Eddie Murphy were great!

We also went to the theatre on Saturday night and saw Identity.
It is a murder mystery/psycho killer film with good twists and a warped ending. I love John Cusack as an actor and this film redeemed him in my eyes - I can now forgive him for those dumb romantic comedies he has been doing lately!
Old 04-28-2003, 04:39 PM   #20  

Default ...

I watched "In the Bedroom" last night - I am so behind on my movie watching. It was sooooooo slow moving. I am not sure why it was nominated for anything, really. But I guess other people liked it. Hubby liked it. I just was bored.

oh, and Donnie Darko came in the mail finally. I LOVE that movie. I may watch it again this afternoon.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:04 PM   #21  
Searching

^5 on Donnie Darko Liz. I fgain something new everytime I watch it. One of my favorites.

Miss Chris
Old 04-28-2003, 10:22 PM   #22  

Default warning - spoilers in this post! :)

Yes! ME too. I love it. It is now on my top 5 list of favorites. I have seen it like 3 times now, and hubby and I have come to two different conclusions as to what the ending means.

I think that he chose to lie in bed and die. That he knew what was coming, but he wanted to save his loved ones from on-coming pain.
Hubby thinks that he went to sleep thinking he had already saved them, and was at peace, but had no idea that he would meet his demise.

I'm curious what you think....
Old 04-29-2003, 12:21 AM   #23  
Searching

I think your on that his living set into motion the events that hurt other people. Because now that he is dead, his mother won't go with Sparkle Motion. His girlfriend won't get run over by Frank. He just gets that glimpse into what if......"the dream in which I am dying is the best I ever had....." The only part that jerks me is the peodofile will not be caught.

Miss Chris
Old 04-29-2003, 01:15 AM   #24  

yeah, that bugged me too. and the other thing that bugged me was that Drew Barrymore was in it. They could have come up with someone better for that part. Just because you are financially backing a movie doesn't mean you should be in it! The character seemed forced...
Old 05-01-2003, 10:19 PM   #25  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I am going to see X-men 2 tomorrow night. I just bought my tickets. I will post on Saturday when I get home, and tell you guys how it was.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:24 PM   #26  
Searching

I am looking forward to it myself!!!!

Miss Chris
Old 05-01-2003, 10:33 PM   #27  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I am going to see X-men 2 on Saturday night too! We can compare notes later Squeaker!
Old 05-02-2003, 08:28 AM   #28  
Cute & Fluffy

I will wait to post any kind of review until after you have seen it Mauvais. I am going tonight, and I can't wait. (I just won't be home until tomorrow) We are doing dinner & a movie, which I have not done in a while.

One thing I am looking forward to - Hugh Jackman.

When are you going Miss Chris?
Old 05-02-2003, 02:07 PM   #29  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Okay, The Cute Boyfriend and I splurged and bought some movies at Fry's last night.... the most shameful of my choices was:

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Okay, call me whatever names you like but I LOVE THIS MOVIE. I remember having such a crush on Keanu Reeves when this came out (I was in elementary school). The music is so funny because it's soooo 1988. I love Socrates through the whole movie.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:11 PM   #30  
Cute & Fluffy

Jessica, it's ok - I own the sequel, Bogus Journey
Closed Thread