Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 09:37 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Kelly I am not trying to top your problem with the cat but I have one better....

The house I live in now, we bought 5 years ago... it belong to an old widow lady who's kids came and picked her up for a weekend jaunt and didn't ever bring her back ... we didn't find out until after we signed the papers on the house that they left over 30 cats in the yard... most of which starved to death because they were not smart enough to leave and no one called the humane society....

We were in the mid-70's today but it was raining ... It was a beautiful weekend and is suppose to clear up soon. I really wish we could see some snow but it isn't going to happen here on the Gulf...

Mauv ~ cool ... that is really awesome!

Flower ~ glad Grif is better...

Hope every one is well, sorry to all of those stuck in the house with kids due to snow days Hopefully it wont last too long.

I found out today the hospital I am suppose to go to work for in May has inacted a hiring freeze... I am so stressed out... there are 3 other hospitals in the city but I had planned from the beginning to work in the school system due to the retirement and the fact the hospital rocks... I am not a happy camper I am going to talk to the nurse manager, tomorrow to find out if I have a chance that I may not have a job >>>>Yuck!

Well hugs to all!!
Amy
176/164/135

Last edited by Amyjo01; 04-07-2003 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:44 PM   #32  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yeah, I watched the Junos too Ellis. I don't usually watch because they are boring, much as the rest of the slew of award shows are. But this year's had a lot of funny moments- I loved Jeff Healy with his braille script! He has a really good sense of humour For those of you who don't know who he is, Jeff Healy is an amazing rythym/blues player/singer and he is blind, hence the braille script -he cracked a lot of good one-liners last night!~

You are right Ellis, it was uniquely Canadian but I thought the low key feel of it was great, it just seemed like a big party where everyone was just hanging out and oh, yeah there were some awards. Only in Canada would you have the host wearing designer dresses with hockey team themes and have the captain of the Ottawa Senators as a presenter!

Hey Jessica, we will gladly ship you down some snow at no cost to you in case you are feeling a little too warm
Old 04-08-2003, 07:41 AM   #33  

Height: 5'-2"

Yes, it's getting warmer, Kelly. Again. It'd better not snow anymore! Which reminds me... I got my seeds in the mail the other day... I must get them started!

Amy, I'm so sorry about the job situation... I hope that it all works out for you. Hugs and prayers, sweetie...

Okay, I've got one for you. When we bought this house there were three large white wooden crosses stuck in the backyard. About two feet high. We figured they were either dogs or people, but I've yet to find any bones.

I know what you mean, Mauvais. When I first started watching the Junos I thought, "This is really hokey... I can't watch this." But you're right... it was just like a big casual party with some awards thrown in.
Jeff Healy WAS hilarious!
It's REALLY weird that the Senators are number one right now... and REALLY a nice change for Ottawa!
Old 04-08-2003, 08:48 AM   #34  
Must Shrink.

I'm so looking forward to the weekend; I believe the weather will be wonderful and these past few days a distant memory. Gave blood yesterday and took the 6 year old to the dentist in a blizzard. I was sooooooo grumpy when I got home and I had to send the kids out to shovel because I didn't want to bleed to death by overworking my arm. At least I was able to gross them out enough with that vision to make them shovel one of the driveways (for John) and the sidewalk...

Went to bed at 8:30. Read my book and had a glorious sleep.

This morning I'm ON TRACK again. No more animal crackers and pizza bagels...

Kelly did you get BBC Canada with your satalite? My boss has it and tapes excellent stuff. I am jealous, but am holding out on satalite tv. I hate paying the cable company though.

Lam
Old 04-08-2003, 11:52 AM   #35  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Awww Ellis, are you jealous? (And no worries, you sounded like you were teasing). But there are no fault lines here! See, unlike San Fran or LA, San Diego is way far away from any earthquake activity. Except for the freezing cold ocean water, it's paradise.

Ok, except for the freezing cold water and all the girls that look like supermodels (and are filled with almost as much silicon as Barbie), it's paradise. Now, who's jealous.

Amy - Sorry to hear about the job situation! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Mauvaisroux - How fun! What are you going to see why you're abroad?
Old 04-08-2003, 12:38 PM   #36  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Well, I have been to London before and done the Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abby, Tower of London, Pickadilly Circus, etc. thing so I probably will try to see some museums and do some shopping.

I am only there for a week and will be spending most of it at a gaming convention (ie: board games, collectible cards, comics, etc.)

It is DH's first time in England so he is quite excited. He is planning to try to drop some of his cd's/band promo packages off to some record companies and clubs.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:07 PM   #37  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

Good day ladies,

Well, it isn't snowing here yet. The newspaper is calling for snow today but it hasn't yet arrived. And maybe it never will! LOL

Weighed myself this morning since I forgot to yesterday. I've gained back the 3 lbs I've lost so I'm back where I started at. 137 lbs.
Hopefully my car will be fixed today and I'll be able to get back to the gym.
I haven't seen the cat in the garage for 2 days now. It must of wondered off.

I did well eating op yesterday until last night. I ended up eating 1/4 of a sleeve of whole wheat crachers with cheese whiz on them. I'm doing much better today. Also yesterday I bought some bagels thinking that they were low in points. I had one yesterday with my lunch and then figured out the points to journal them. Wow....was I wrong. They were 6 pts a piece. And man were they good. They were called...Whole Wheat and Soy. Guess I'll have to get the kids to eat them for breakfast now...LOL

Well I'm off. Waiting for a phone call from dh to let me know if the car is ready at the garage.

Check back in later.
~Kelly~
Old 04-08-2003, 02:11 PM   #38  

Jessica, I am SO glad you don't live on a fault line. My geography is embarrassingly limited. Actually, I live on a fault line. But it's done with moving. I hope.

Lamorgan, I hope you're feeling better today. I am SO grumpy! It's snowing. Need I say more? No wonder Canadians have such a fixation with the weather... it's completely unpredictable. And crappy.

Mauvais, could you have a little chat with Tony while you're there? You can easily afford to give him a piece of your mind.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:25 PM   #39  
a brave new me...

Talking Hola Alternachicas!

Well, we made it back safe and sound from Mexico... only to find ourselves in the freezing cold and snow of Wisconsin. Cancun was great and we had so much fun. The first couple of days were unusually cool... 70 degrees, overcast, and windy. Everyone was out by the pool huddled up in towels waiting for the sun to peak out. When the sun came out, we would all strip down and lie in the warm sun for a few minutes, then cuddle back up when it went back under. Pretty funny! The rest of the trip was beautiful... sunny and 85 to 90 degrees, although still pretty windy.

Well, the first night we got a little crazy (drunk) and ummmm... well... we all got our belly buttons pierced. In a popular bar called Senor Frogs. In the corner on the way to the bathroom. Totally spur of the moment. In Mexico.

!!!!! Don't worry... please don't lecture... we had a nurse (RN)with us (she got hers done too) and she made sure everything was done propely. New sterilized needles for everyone right out of a new packet... and they sterilized everything in front of us and wore gloves. OUCH! Let me tell you, I woke up the next morning thinking... what the ****?? Whose idea was this?? Then remembered it was partially mine. Well, I have always wanted to get it done, but I figured I would be about forty pounds lighter! Oh well, it is a huge incentive to slim that waist down even more.

We spent a lot of time on the beach and by the pool. The ocean is impossibly blue and the beaches are white sand. The waves were just huge and we were pounded by the surf and dragged off by the undertow everytime we went in. We called it our "ocean spa" since everytime we went in we had a tough work out, a salt and sand body scrub, and the water blasted clean pretty much every orifice and crevice on our entire bodies! HAHAHAHA! Didn't spend much time in the pool though, as we weren't supposed to go in it because of our piercings.

We also took a day trip to Isla Mujeras and spent time swimming with dolphins! It was amazing... we got right into the water with them and touched them, they gave us kisses, and we got to ride on their fins. They even came up behind us and picked each one of us up with their noses (by our feet) and pushed us along up out of the water as if we were skiing! I couldn't believe how strong they were. I was a little worried they weren't going to be able to lift me up but thankfully they popped me out of the water like a feather.

Speaking of which... the first few days I was a little traumatized by all the skinny little girlies in bikinis... not to mention that the three women I went with are all thin and gorgeous. I never, ever want to feel that bad about my body again. What a waste of time and energy. I read the book Good in Bed while I was there. Has anyone else read it? It is so great... it is about a plus size woman and is one of the best books I've read in a long time. She went from self-loathing to acceptance through the book. I think the trip was pretty cleansing for me in that aspect. I am more determined than ever to lose weight, and not because I just want to look cute on the beach. I just deserve better, plain and simple. I deserve to love my body, at the weight it is now and hopefully thinner. How did this whole weight and body image thing get so messed up?

Anyway, I am pretty tan and still very tired... I didn't get home until 3:00 am on Monday morning. Of course this weather really stinks. It is friggin snowy and cold here in Wisconsin.

The good news is that I only gained ONE pound!! I can hardly believe it, since I ate far more than I usually do AND I drank margaritas non stop. All in all it was a great week. Believe it or not... I missed you guys!
Old 04-08-2003, 02:44 PM   #40  

What do you mean, "Believe it or not... ?!?!" Of COURSE you missed us, Sojo!!
I'm glad you had such a great time, sweetie. I haven't read that book, but I'm going to look for it...
Believe it or not, we missed you, too. Welcome back, hon!!
Old 04-08-2003, 03:24 PM   #41  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Wow...aren't we chatty.

Well...individaul messages later on. We booked our wedding. April 25th for 1:30 at the Lttle church of the West on the LV Strip- so you are all invited okay??? (thats a Friday)

Well, a million things to do. Love ya! flower
Old 04-08-2003, 04:37 PM   #42  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Welcome Back Sojo! I am so glad you had fun. I am in awe that you got your belly button pierced! Not only do I not think I could stand the pain, I wouldn't ever want to show it off. As for the book, I LOVE that book. It is an easy read, but probably one of the best books I have read in a while. I recently gave it to one friend who loved it, and now we have passed it on to a third.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:24 PM   #43  
a brave new me...

Angry Oh yes!

Every alternachick must read "Good in Bed". I laughed and cried... I swear I could have written many of those passages myself.

Actually, the piercing didn't hurt as much as I expected, except they had to do it TWICE because the little tube slipped out. The second time through was more painful. But hey, after several margaritas it really wasn't so bad. I say go for it!! DH thinks it looks pretty damn sexy!
Old 04-08-2003, 06:54 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Flower ~ that is so cool!!!! I had a friend get married this last year on the spur of the moment in Las Vegas... I will be there is spirit, any further west than houston in my life and no further West than New Orleans in my adult life... I would love to visit out there!

Just wanted to congratulate you .....

Hugs!
Amy

Last edited by Amyjo01; 04-08-2003 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:59 PM   #45  

Flower... congratulations!! I wish we could all go to your wedding... it'd be a hoot...
Closed Thread