Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 12:41 PM   #1  

Talking lost... dazed... confused

*gee, Shel.... the list has been really quiet the last few days. wonder what's up with that.... *

of course it's quiet. it's closed! *sighs*

well, at least it occured to me today to check and see what was up, instead of just relying on the continuing "0 messages" thingy on my page.

*bangs head on keyboard*

i think it's the returned winter that's made me all swiss cheese brained....

Old 04-09-2003, 12:46 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

I wondered where you were, Shel! I know what you mean. I keep forgetting to "subscribe" to the threads, so I get NOTHING in my email to remind me to come here!
Old 04-09-2003, 04:58 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

SoJo- I loved Good In Bed. I read it about a year ago. It is, by far, the best book I ever read. AND all my skinney girlfriend love it as well. Your trip to Cancun sounds amazing!

Maux - 2005: Interaction;, the 63rd World Science Fiction Convention, Glasgow, Scotland, UK, to be held Thursday 4 August - Monday 8 August, 2005. I'll be there! How about you?
Old 04-09-2003, 10:52 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Goddess Jessica- hmm...if I start saving now.. and my relatives live in Hamilton which is a short train ride away from Glasgow...I see the possibility

I will be going to Gencon in Indiannapolis in July and possibly to another con in San Diego in December.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:00 AM   #5  

Bridget Jones' Diary is a ~great~ book, if you haven't read it. much funnier than the movie, and i liked that too.

Alice Hoffman is currently my #1 author... she wrote Practical Magic, but it's not even her best work. i've cried at the end of most of her novels, for one reason or another. i'd reccoment The River King or Here on Earth. those are both ~very~ powerful.

going to Origins in Columbus myself... *g* let's hear it for geeky gaming conventions!! woohoo!!

Old 04-10-2003, 12:40 PM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hey Fluid, I volunteered at Origins for several years. Fond memories of the con, Char-Bar, Big Bar on 2 and Outland.

I always enjoyed that show and liked Columbus as a city.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:23 AM   #7  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

Good morning ladies,

Just on for a few minutes and then I have to get my breakfast.
Just wanted to let you all know that the computer tech guy is coming over this morning and installing a high-speed modem and that we are switching internet providers and getting high speed.
Which all means that we are getting a new email address. I've copied all the address I have from my old email but if there are any of you who would like to share their email addys with me, pm them to me and I will put them into my new email addy book when its up and running.

This diet thing has got to kick in sometime. Monday it will be back to they gym for me and to smartin up on my eating. Why is it that I do so good during the day and then at night time I blow it big time! And I hate myself for it. I'll never get anywhere if I keep this up and summer is just around the corner and I want to be able to look good in a bikini this summer!

Well, I'm off.
Have a great day everyone. The sun is shining here and is supposed to shine all weekend! I'm so excited!

~Kelly~
Old 04-12-2003, 03:20 PM   #8  

anybody out there? *waves madly*

come on... we promise not to get our game geek cooties on you!! come back!!

Old 04-12-2003, 07:05 PM   #9  

I'm here, Shel.
Just got back from another peace rally. Quite large (for Ottawa), very peaceful (fairly typical of Ottawa). My sign got a lot of positive attention. Jim and I were actually having a contest to see whose sign got the most media coverage.
Old 04-12-2003, 08:24 PM   #10  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Great Ellis!!! What did you put on the sign?
Old 04-13-2003, 07:15 AM   #11  

That quote by Theodore Roosevelt.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally
treasonable to the American public."

And on the other side I had "The enemy is not without, but within." And some photos and stuff.

One of my words blew off... it was a VERY windy day. I lost "enemy", and about a half hour later a sweet young boy came running up to me with it in his hand.
I think there were about a thousand people there.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:50 AM   #12  
Student of the Hoof

Personally I think we should just turn the entire middle east into a glass parking lot.

*cough choke laugh* ok, maybe not, but ... it's a fun thing to say sometimes.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:52 PM   #13  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Where is everyone? It is wet and cold out so I am just in the mood to sit on the computer and be entertained, but no one is around! Are you all gonna make me do housework???
Old 04-13-2003, 05:46 PM   #14  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Ellis - I am going to have to come and visit just to go to all the peace rallies. There haven't been many around here. Not to many for the war either though...
Old 04-13-2003, 09:30 PM   #15  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WOW!! great turnout for the peace rally!!! I was wondering what would be on the back of the sign!!! That little boy was a real sweetheart.
Closed Thread