Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 09:14 AM   #16  

Height: 5'-2"

My DD (13) is pretty good at bathing, but the hair washing thing...! I swear she must just put a dab of shampoo on top of her head and rinse! What's the point in washing your hair if it's still going to be greasy!! I think we need to put a shower in. These claw-footed tubs are lovely, but a shower is quick and accurate.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:31 AM   #17  

I had an nice pamper time experience last night....
Went and ate Thai food (ate only half and took rest home for breakfast this morning )
Watch 3/4 of the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life (it's called Talk to her)
After we walked out on the movie, went and had a full-fat double espresso mocha.....yum!!
Now....off to the treadmill
blessings,
blackbird
Old 03-01-2003, 11:01 AM   #18  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ellis-I LOVE those claw foot tubs!! We had one in the flat we used to live in. One of our cats would circle me on the top of the tub as I bathed....and sometimes fall in!!! He would freeze for a nano-second and then shoot out of the tub like a banshee out of ****!!! (And then shake off all over the bathroom!!)

Blackbird-I like Thai food for breakfast too!! But nowadays I have to get to it before my kids do!!!
Old 03-03-2003, 01:05 AM   #19  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I finally got to my eyebrows!!! I did it while coloring my hair, well while I was waiting on my hair color. No matter how careful I am, I always get drops of color on something. This time a big plop on my rug! I hopefully got it rinsed in time!!! The price you pay for beauty!
Old 03-03-2003, 08:34 AM   #20  

Okay, Den... we've got three. I'll trade you one for a shower.

We had company this weekend and I gave myself a quick skin-tightening egg mask. I was hoping I'd look as though I'd had surgery, but it didn't quite have that effect. Guess I'll just have to lose weight...
Old 03-03-2003, 09:21 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I am about to descend into a hot tub of bubbles and will emerge from it looking like Venus. Then I will slather wonderful scented lotion all over my lovely body. (I have to be ready in case Bruce comes to call.)
Maybe I'll do a cucumber facial just to be sure.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:53 PM   #22  

Ellis-You can hook up a shower in the existing tub!! And a circular shower curtain around it. The best of both worlds!!!

Ruth-OOH!! Sounds WONDERFUL!!!!
Old 03-03-2003, 05:00 PM   #23  

Yeah, do you know how much that costs!? And then one of the kids slips and grabs it for support, and the whole damned thing comes down.
I may end up putting a stand-up shower in the basement...

I need a whole new do-over. We need to start a cheap spa for fat girls.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:57 PM   #24  

Ellis-GOOD IDEA!! Then when you are done gardening you can go straight down to the basement and shower!!! Also, great idea about the cheap spa....Someplace that pampers us and doesn't cost an arm and a leg!!!
Old 03-03-2003, 07:20 PM   #25  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cheap! You mean with eunuchs? Too cheap for me! They'd probably use cheap canola oil for the massages. And I want smoked salmon and caviar, not prem sandwiches on white bread! Let's have some class!
Old 03-03-2003, 07:50 PM   #26  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

mmmmm....spamwiches

well as long as the spa isn't so cheap that the masseur looks like Ron Jeremy
Old 03-03-2003, 11:04 PM   #27  

Hi Ladies. I have a spa at work and I am the first one to volunteer for facial classes and massage lessons. I long to have a career as a Guinea Pig (did I spell that right???- you get the drift.)
But for now I have to settle for the bubble bath.

Ellis- We moved into our house in May and last week I FINALLY hung a shower curtain so I am LOVING the showers!

My mother taught me if I did nothing else, I should always do my toes. (or have them done) That is as important as wearing clean undies!!!!!
Old 03-04-2003, 12:12 AM   #28  

Sarajane, I can barely REACH my toes!!
I love showers, too. I've got long hair, and it's so much easier to wash in a shower. AND I suffer from terrible tension in my back and shoulders, and there's nothing like a stinging hot shower to relieve some of the stress! I've GOT to get one in. I'll probably do as Den suggested first... I just wish the shower plumbing fixtures for a claw-footed tub weren't so expensive!
When I was pregnant with our DS, I had dreadful neck pain but couldn't take any pain relievers. I used to stand in the shower (at our old house) for almost an hour. It felt GREAT!

Yuck! Prem! That's revolting. Who the heck EATS that stuff? And Spam. http://www.spam.com/
Look. We could join the spam fan club. And get spam gifts.

Ruth, you just want shrimp toast.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:52 AM   #29  

I prefer hot baths. I like to soak in them and read. Sometimes taking a quick hot shower and then running a nice hot bath is nice too...the air is steamy, and you are already clean so you can just relax......(drool).......

NOT that I get to do either with the kids around!!! DS the younger always seems to need something as soon as I get in the bathroom and pull my pants down!!!!!
Old 03-04-2003, 06:25 PM   #30  

Cold weather can sometimes be wonderful !!!
Me and DD had major pamper time today, as it is like 10 degrees outside. We soaked our feet, slathered them in lotion, dawned mud masks, did our hair etc...etc...
Extra pamper for mommy.....I shaved! This is only the second time in the last year that-that has happened. I mean when you get really depressed, you really just don't care. It only took an hour and I ruined a new razor...but what the heck...
kinda seems weird though...
blessings,
blackbird
Closed Thread