Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 08:00 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh dear! My evil twin had two Scotches before dinner. What a lush she is! Strictly medicinal, of course! Nothing like The Spirit to cure the runs.
Old 03-16-2003, 08:47 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

hope ya'll can let a relative stranger jump in here. see, everyone thinks i'm perfect, but i'm not. absolutely not. [true confessions here ruthie!!!]

YESTERDAY: pork lo mein. pretzels. pistachio ice cream.

FRIDAY: bagel, bread. butter. cream cheese. real preserves.

now, let's not go into portion sizes because you'll all laugh me out of the forum, but i'm NOT supposed to be eating these things!!!

whew!!! THAT FELT BETTER.
Old 03-16-2003, 12:57 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Note to Alternachicks: This woman has absolutely disgusting eating habits but we should let her post because she is definitely an Alternachick.
Old 03-16-2003, 01:02 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Jiffypop, I insist on hearing the portion sizes. I'm in need of a good laugh.
Old 03-16-2003, 03:12 PM   #5  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

rochemisy/chris-would you post the popeye reciepe already! I want to try it too!
Old 03-16-2003, 05:32 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

i'm honored that ruthie considers me an alternchick... and here i thought i was only charming..

and ellis... i really hope you're sitting down...

i had 1/2 of a bagel with all the insides torn out, 1/4 piece of bread, 2 tbs cream cheese, 1 tbs preserves.

and then 3 pretzels, less than 1/4 c lo mein. and two teaspoons of pistachio ice cream.

and today, 3 bite-size cookies, but otherwise things have been ok [20 gram protein shake, egg, 1/2 slice toast, some cheese, some ham, turkey jerky, lots of water, 1/2 piece of soy sausage. and a tangerine. not all at once. oh. and 3 soy pretzels and some leftover hunan lamb about 50 grams of protein so far, which puts me a little behind for the day, but there's still dinner and bedtime snack!]

ok. you can laugh. just, please, don't throw anything at me!
Old 03-16-2003, 06:10 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Well, I just remembered. After Church today we had a celebration of John's award and I ate a piece of chocolate cake with icing AND IT WAS DAMNED GOOD! It's the first piece of cake I've had in a year! We also had Bailey's in our coffee in honour of St. PAtrick. So there!
Old 03-16-2003, 08:55 PM   #8  

Yup, that's pretty funny, Jiffypop. And anybody who Ruth considers an alternachick is OKAY WITH US!!

We went for our first picnic of the year today. With a barrel of KFC. Oh man... I feel SO sick. In fact, we all do. We never eat that stuff anymore, and it's a BAD idea!!
Old 03-16-2003, 09:32 PM   #9  
Old Cackler

picnic??? in canada??? with all that snow you've had?? unless you're in western canada.. or did you snowshoe to the picnic spot?
Old 03-16-2003, 10:02 PM   #10  

No, we're just weird. We always have a picnic on the first warmish weekend. We're in Ottawa, and we've got a SHIPLOAD of snow here, but it went up to 9 degrees C today (don't ask me to convert. Trust me... compared to -43 windchill, it was bloody balmy), and everything is starting to melt.
We just drove down to the river and watched the ducks coming in. DH wanted to lay a blanket on the snow to eat. I elected to eat in the car with the doors wide open. I'm not THAT weird!
Old 03-16-2003, 11:42 PM   #11  

I would DIE at 9 degrees! I freeze up at 30! You guys are MUCH stronger than I am! We got 5 hours of snow here and schools were closed for 2 days! Our water pipes froze which totally pissed me off and the dogs and kids had to stay in which did not help matters! I love to see snow, but only on a vacation!!!

Ellis - we go on pic nics every sunday after Easter. They are wonderful! We go to this place called The Pocket. My hubby took me there when we were dating and we hiked the mountain. There are several waterfalls and we would stop and sit under them. Our kids do not appreciate it at all. They like to stay at the bottom of the mountain and play in the springs. Again too cold for me!

Am I going to be this cold in Quebec in May?!?!?!?!?

Ruthxxx - I bought ICE CREAM and ROOTBEER today for floats. It was WONDERFUL!
Old 03-17-2003, 07:47 AM   #12  

Sarajane, your picnics sound wonderful. The only thing I hate about them is having to pee when there are no washrooms around.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:54 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

OMG, Ellis. Did you never get the pee in the woods lesson from your parents? Let's go to the Arboretum and I'll teach you!
Old 03-17-2003, 09:48 AM   #14  

Oh yes, peeing in the woods - lots of fun! I am a city kid and I was horrified when DH and I started hiking years ago when we lived in Alberta, but he said I just had to learn and I did. And now my dear girls can do it too (still, it IS easier for DH, darn it!). We were reminiscing about last summer and the photos we want to take of us looking cool and outdoorsy and my youngest said, but not any pictures of us peeing in the woods. I said that would be fine!

Lidian
Old 03-17-2003, 09:51 AM   #15  

This is the Pigs Anon thread though...and speaking of that, MY evil twin was eating chocolate eggs this weekend and I had to give the rest to the girls so that she would not eat absolutely all of them. I think she must have bought those eggs too, when I wasn't looking, because they certainly aren't on my menu!

Lidian
Closed Thread