Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 10:48 AM   #16  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Could be, I've never even SEEN a before picture of her!! I had a buzz cut once (possibley even shorter than Powter's), and i LOVED it. The only problem is that it looked TERRIBLE!! It FELT great though!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 01:53 PM   #17  

>>>I liked her with short hair.

Short hair, yes. I think many women look better with short hair, because so many who have long hair don't take proper care of it, or they don't have the right bone structure. If you have hair like Catherine Zeta Jones or something, that's different.

But the bald/buzzcut look just doesn't do it for me -- male or female. There are very few that can carry that look ... mmm ... Michael Jordan anyone?

S.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:44 PM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Yeesh... Zeta Jones' hair is boring! One puff of wind and she'd be devastated!
If I had a beautifully shaped head, I'd buzz it in a second! Just to see what it would look like. Then I'd grow it all back and put it back up in my big messy bun.
Old 12-30-2002, 08:00 PM   #19  

>>>Yeesh... Zeta Jones' hair is boring! One puff of wind and she'd be devastated!

Perhaps so, but I still think she is an absolutely gorgeous woman. My point was that I usually don't care for really long hair on women (especially women over 30) but it seems to work for her. Same with that actress that was on Ally McBeal -- was her name Portia deRossi? That blonde mane of hers was INCREDIBLE, and it was interesting how they worked it into the storyline!

Still, I can't imagine how much time that much hair takes to dry.
It takes me 15-20 minutes just to dry my chin-length bob!
Yikes.

Sabrina
Old 12-30-2002, 11:13 PM   #20  
a brave new me...

I had a genuine flat top at one point in college and damn if I didn't looked freakin' FABULOUS!!
Old 12-31-2002, 04:29 AM   #21  
Velvet Goddess

S/C/G: 297/250/126

Height: 5'6"

I know that Susan's brother was saying that she was never really fat, but I have seen her with her younger son at a b-day party, and she looked pretty fat. Besides if she were a fake there would be people crawling out of the woodwork to expose her. Especially when she was at the height of her popularity. I do think she was very big at one point, and I'm sure she lost all the weight due to cutting back on fat drastically, but I couldn't live like that, and so I won't. I do admire her though for losing the weight, and stopping drinking.
Old 12-31-2002, 04:54 PM   #22  
Cat Lover

Susan Powter was very popular in 1994-1995 when I embarked upon my first successful diet. She was my inspiration then because she was so damn strange and perky and out there...

I never followed her diet strickly. I wasn't too into meat anyway so low fat came naturally and I did loose 25 pounds (but I worked out a lot).

I don't think she was as fat as she claimed. Her fat picture was blurry and she still didn't look that badly. I know I have plenty of fat pix of myself...I'd think she could have found something better.

Still..I kinda like her.

Just found this area of the forums. I like it a lot. If I keep coming back I'll post a bio.

Good luck to all!!!

Happy New Year!!!!
Old 12-31-2002, 05:06 PM   #23  
Cat Lover

Susan Powter was very popular in 1994-1995 when I embarked upon my first successful diet. She was my inspiration then because she was so damn strange and perky and out there...

I never followed her diet strickly. I wasn't too into meat anyway so low fat came naturally and I did loose 25 pounds (but I worked out a lot).

I don't think she was as fat as she claimed. Her fat picture was blurry and she still didn't look that badly. I know I have plenty of fat pix of myself...I'd think she could have found something better.

Still..I kinda like her.

Just found this area of the forums. I like it a lot. If I keep coming back I'll post a bio.

Good luck to all!!!

Happy New Year!!!!
Old 12-31-2002, 06:32 PM   #24  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, ilovemyluckycat! Come and join us and tell us all about yourself!
Closed Thread