Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 09:37 AM   #1  
Queen of China

Default help! Hubby is tryign to kill me!

Husband went out to pick up something for dinner last night.
(I was working) He brought home:
6 BBQ sandwiches with coleslaw on top
2 complete BBQ pork dinners
1 1/2 gallon of egg nogg
and! and!!! and!!!!!!! a box of those fat gooie christmas cookies with the 1/4 inch icing and sprinkles...diabetic coma here I come.

I know he was trying his best, but damn!
Old 11-22-2002, 10:39 AM   #2  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Here Ginya
Grab the life line I'll pull you in to safety! My hubby is always bringing home junk but i make sure I have single serving salmon steaks, chicken breast, sliced ham or whatever, in the freezer so I can just pop it into the microwave when I need too. I also cook extra brown rice and use it when I need to.
Hey, wipe that BBQ sauce off your chin!
Virginia
Old 11-22-2002, 12:16 PM   #3  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

How about a HUGE pecan pie from Costco.....that is my temptation right now. I keep on telling my skinny DH who wanted to buy it to eat more, but he claims he's FULL!!! What the heck does THAT mean?
Old 11-22-2002, 12:35 PM   #4  
Must Shrink.

My hubby wanted to pick up the 2 for $5.00 McCains deep and delicious freezer chocolate cakes... He went so far as to put them in the cart, then I promptly took them out again. He had a sad look on his face but I cannot resist gooey chocolate cake.

L
Old 11-22-2002, 01:04 PM   #5  
Queen of China

and yet...what did I have for lunch...
ugh! and the Holidays are comming.
just shoot me now!
Old 11-22-2002, 01:40 PM   #6  
Searching

Talking My Hubby Trick

My husband is terrible enabler of the fatty kind

When he pulls the crap I got 2 options give in or be beautiful. I choose to find something else to do why he gorges himself.

I have made him interested in excersise by pinning him down So he wants ME to show him how to lift weights. Isn't that a reversal

Miss Chris
Old 11-22-2002, 03:13 PM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yow Ginya! that is 3 meals worth of food for one dinner! sigh...our DH's mean well don't they?

I have to say that I am the overlord (lady) of the grocery shopping and meal planning/cooking. It is the only way that I can control what comes into the house foodwise. My DH is getting better over the last year, probably because he has decided that he wants to get in better shape

Mauvais

P.S. Ro, you lookgreat in your pic!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 11-22-2002 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-22-2002, 11:18 PM   #8  

I have to let DH have a certain amount of stuff in the house because when I cook healthy food HE loses weight!!! At 6 feet tall and 155 pounds, he can't afford that!! Usually I make him buy ice cream that I DON'T like. This is fine by him because he is an ice cream FANATIC, and would probably eat OKRA ice cream!!!
Old 11-25-2002, 04:45 PM   #9  
Searching

Angry DH and Lunch

This is the first day I am suppose to help him moniter his weight. So for breakfast he whips up some blueberry muffins. I point out what a serving size is. So of course he makes himself 3X that with lots of butter. I have my 2 (one serving=180 cal) and a piece of ham (70 cal). He's "too busy" to do anything else but run out the door. I go grocery shopping and to the gym. Then he wants to meet for lunch.

FAMOUS DAVE'S!

What is a dieter to do

I had too much, he had too much. The upside I went to the denist and he started my root canal, so I won't be eating anything else today! The downside, HE DISCOVERED THERE IS A STARBUCKS NEXT TO HIS OFFICE!

I can feel my wallet getting lighter and see his tummy expanding already Better him than me!

Staying Strong IN SPITE OF DH!
Miss Chris
Old 11-25-2002, 11:24 PM   #10  

AARRGGHH!!! Can't live WITH them.............

okay fine, can't live without them either.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:34 AM   #11  
Queen of China

can't shoot em'
can't flush em'
certainly can't control them
can live without them, but as mine has a good job
and can find "the spot', I think I will keep him.
Old 11-26-2002, 02:24 PM   #12  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Mine is gone out of town on business for a couple of days. Yeah, me time. Well, the kids and me time! Think we will cuddle, or make CHristmas Decorations maybe. I am not at all in the mood for Xmas this year, depressed. SO maybe by forcing myself to get into the mood, I will change my attitude.
Virginia
Old 11-26-2002, 03:20 PM   #13  
Searching

Talking I hope it works

My DH is going out of town next week. I am not really looking forward to the alone time. I need my DH to help with the shorty otherwise he spends all week with grandma. Plus I am getting a root canal and I take pain awful. Ever since child birth I have decided that I will pass on any pain again in my life.

Tell me if forcing the mood helps. With DH being unemployed for a couple a months I am alot worred about cash this Christmas. It's taking the joy out of shopping.

Miss Chris
Old 11-26-2002, 05:04 PM   #14  
a brave new me...

Talking My DH...

My hunky husband is wonderful... likes to talk and snuggle, intelligent, loving, great looking, athletic, generous, cleans the house regularly (more than I do), completely faithful, adores me, spends time with me, AND is great in bed... I couldn't be more blessed. We have been married for 8 1/2 years and have developed an incredibly solid marriage. I have very little to complain about.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:22 PM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

Sojo, your DH sounds exactly like mine.
I'm blessed.
Closed Thread