Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 11:15 AM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default peachie's gonna kill me for this

but i really think you folks should know what's happening.

her surgery went fine. and still is fine. and she's feeling better. BUT... she's in the hospital again in the cardiac care unit.

since she was little - like 10 or so - she's had these spells where her heart races. and not a single doctor has been able to find anything, and the cardiologist said that there's not a whole lot he can do until it's caught.

well, tuesday, it started. and the whole thing is now VERY WELL DOCUMENTED [the cardiologist is THRILLED to have all this info!]. but it won't stay controlled.

so, she's back in the hospital, being monitored every way possible and they're trying several different medications until they hit the one that works. and she won't leave until her heart rhythm is normal for 24 hours.

no one thinks she's in any real danger, and she's in great spirits [read: cranky and bored and ready to leave!]

this has nothing to do with the surgery, but rather the fact that this happens when her body is stressed, and the surgery is definitely a sressor.

when she gets back online, i'm sure she'll tell you all how she entertained all the interns and residents throughout all this, but for now, please keep her in your thoughts...
Old 08-15-2003, 01:11 PM   #2  

Thanks for sharing with us Jiffy.... my thoughts and prayers are certainly with Peachie during this time. I hope it won't be long till they figure out the right medicine and she'll be back home healing !!! BIG HUG PEACHIE... hang in there gal !!!!
Keep the Faith !!
Cindy
Old 08-15-2003, 04:16 PM   #3  

Thanks for letting us know, Jiff - I will keep the prayers and healing vibes flowing your way.

(she just always has to try and top ya, huh??? lol)

Kel
Old 08-15-2003, 04:44 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup, Kel. Sisterly rivalry!
Thanks for telling us, Jiff. We'll protect you if she wants to kill you.
Healing prayers and thoughts winging their way to Joisey!
Old 08-15-2003, 04:48 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

LOL!!!!! ain't it the truth. but she's nowhere CLOSE to breaking my 8-week incarceration record. and i hope, with all my heart, that she DOESN'T.

and ruth... it'll take more than prayers and good wishes here in joisey to protect me from peachie's irate-ness murderous rampage!!!!!!! it might take the metal bra and a few chicken purses!!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 04:58 PM   #6  

Thanks Jif for the update. I have been thinking about that dear peach. She continues to be in my prayers.

and I will be standing by your side, if she dare harm you. Well at least in spirit. She knows we care and that we need to know because she may be your sister by blood, but she is our sister by heart.

continue to keep us posted.
Old 08-15-2003, 05:44 PM   #7  
she who must be obeyed

CHICK MEET!!!!!!! We need to protect Jiff any old excuse will do.

I spoke to her earlier today, she wanted to know how I found her a little birdie by-golly. She sounds great, voice is very strong......showing all the nurse's her lap holes (not yet scars.) And had to inform me that she was in the hospital Derek Jeter was born in (Ruthie where is that throw-up smilie???)

Wishing her the best (but not her Yankee's )

Keep us informed Jiff........lets see, how many of us have the famous chicken purses? 4-5 of us (steal peachies that will give us another) we'll protect you!
Old 08-15-2003, 06:59 PM   #8  

I don't have a chicken purse, but I am a good diplomat! I just spoke to Peach, who sounds great and told her that Jiff just said a few little things about Peach being a few days longer and she's fine with that.
Now, if we can get Ruth to delete this whole thread, Peach'll never see who told!

But seriously, she' s not mad, just didn't want to make a big deal. She sounded great and eager to get home. We decided to tell Deb that not only was Derek Jeter born here, but that he visits frequently, and stopped by to see his fave fan, brought gifts, and will be back often! Oh there he is, Oh, Derek, come say hi to our NON-NY friends, we try to humor them with their silly other teams.

ha, ha,

:throwup:

dottie
Old 08-15-2003, 07:45 PM   #9  
Hang In There

Thanks Jiff, I was expecting to read a post from Miss Peach herself tellin us what a snap this whole thing was. Maybe next week? Is she in the same hospital you were in? Since you were on first name basis with all the staff, Peachie should be treated like a queen!
Old 08-15-2003, 10:32 PM   #10  
Old Cackler

Default you folks are the best!!!

she was looking pretty well tonight, and decided to stand during most of our visit. unfortunately, she got very pale after awhile. she's not as strong as she'd like to think she is.

but her spirits are good, and she's eager to get out. but she's had two episodes today [a tremendous improvement!!!] and they were brief. but the doc said that she had to be 24 hours of normal rhythm, so it looks like it'll be sunday.

the nurses are taking great care of her, and i grabbed one of my favorite resp therapists to visit her. and the new surgeon stopped in to make sure she was getting what she needed. so, it'll all be fine.

whew!!!!!!!

AND last but not least... thanks for protecting me!!!!!
Old 08-16-2003, 12:15 AM   #11  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Jif,

The condition is called Atrial Fibrillation, and not to be flip, but half the world suffers from it. The real danger comes to those who have pacemakers....when the racing starts, it fires off the pacemaker, and ...well..let's just say it doesn't feel very good!

She'll be fine and probably needs the rest that she will get while in there...

Please give her my best and tell her that I'm thinking about her!

BOB
Old 08-16-2003, 08:57 PM   #12  
Old Cackler

oh, she'll be around sooner or later, BOB, and i know she'll have a few kind words. in fact, she actually came home today!! But was asleep when i called.

the dieticians gave her carnation instant breakfast of all things! and this isn't over yet! the hospital is just starting the wls program and they should do better than that.

and yes, BOB. the nurses originally thought that it was atrial fib, but it's not. peachie is 'lucky' enough to have superventricular! how special could she get?????
Old 08-17-2003, 06:52 AM   #13  

So this is the post about how we are going to protect jiff from mean old peachie who is sitting in the hospital?

Well, gee, I guess if I came any where near her record for hospital stays I would have to do her in for just setting it??

I'm a bit confused.

but I am home.

so that is a happy thing.

peach

ps...edit here...Jiff, thanks for keeping these gals posted. I just didn't want too much info out there on the board about this. Thanks for pming them with my info too. I appreciate it. Are you still afraid? ROFL

Last edited by peach pit; 08-17-2003 at 07:19 AM.
Old 08-17-2003, 12:18 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Peachie, are you really looking that pale ?
Well I'll have to come over and tell you a few dirty jokes to get that color flowing back in your face And I will too !!!!!

I'm so glad your home.
Let me know when your up for company, but you really have to be up for a 2 year old and some high pitched screaming.

Ohhh whats that ??? come over in 18 years ROFL !!!!!!!

I know what was I thinking, who could ever be "ready" for a 2 year old........OY.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Hugs !!!
Old 08-17-2003, 08:17 PM   #15  

Peach, I am glad that you are back home. My daughter when she gave birth to her first child had a very rapid heart beat. Don't know what they call it but it was very scary to the ones that loved her. as was yours to us at this forum. will keep you in my prayers. Love Marsha a great big group hug too

Last edited by grammyX5; 08-17-2003 at 08:19 PM.
Closed Thread