Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

howdy..totally wiped today- this clinic is like my own personal version of biggest loser. sheesh! now i know why they always end up bawling their eyes out on that show...it's not only physically exhausting but pushing urself beyond ur set limits is mentally, spiritually everything exhausting!!! monday over and out
Old 04-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #17  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5˝

Jan! What is the clinic and when did you start? How long does it last? Hang in there girl!!

So I left work today at 5pm and OF COURSE the trains are completely screwed up meaning I will now get home just before 8. Can anyone understand why this is a huge daily challenge for me? This is now 4 times in the last 5 days that I've traveled that I've had issues. So I feel like a big ninny for complaining and using it as an excuse but this is time being stolen from me! And then I eat late! And then I still have to prepare for the next day! And then I go to bed late and don't get enough sleep! And not getting enough sleep is not good for weight loss or health in general! This is my life day in and day out. Can anyone understand why I am so frustrated?

Sorry for the whinge, I am just so tired of all the time in my life that's lost to nothing! And there is really nothing I can do about it.

Last edited by PinkyPie; 04-06-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #18  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

sorry for the vent above

I made it home at 8, DH had cooked already (exactly what was on plan) but we didn't eat together. His study partner was arriving at 8.15 so it was too close.

I've now prepared all of my stuff, just because I'm not willing to let this situation get me down, but I am going to bed. Up early again, this time for the elliptical.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Velveteen - Sorry you have had such a rough time. I can totally understand why that situation would be frustrating for you! You are doing great by not letting it get you down! You go!

I am not too happy, myself. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks because I was scared of what I had done, and yep I gained 5 pounds! That means since January 1 I have lost 7 and gained 5 back! AAAHHHHHH! Oh well, I am just going to keep going and learn from my mistake. It's not too late to make 2009 my year!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #20  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies! Just poppin' in here. I'm glad to see everyone's is stopping by. Feb/March seemed dead!

Between Feb/March I finally broke out of the 220s & 210s and I'm now a size 16 with NO muffin top! I lost about 3 inches off my waist in that time and lost so far 20lbs from then. I had TOM last week and had some crazy cravings. I gave into them before I started binging on everything in site. So I'm back on track and lost a pound. Better than nothing! And it's WAY better than going off track for 2 months like I did before. I would of been in Onderland by now, but that's then! Today is the day I should care about.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #21  
I aim to misbehave

S/C/G: 225/tick/175

Height: 5'8"

Velveteen-I live in Colorado. We will likely still get snow off and on for the rest of the month. Sorry to hear about your travel woes. It is so frustrating to spend hours of your free time commuting. Great job not letting it get you down! I'm so impressed with you getting up to tackle the elliptical--that's awesome dedication.

Sunrose-The important part is that you are back on track and focusing on the future--which is what you are doing! It is still early in 2009--you have lots of time to make this your year--and I'm sure you will.

Today was a bit of a struggle for me too. I woke up today with a very sore back. I'm not sure what I did to myself--I did do some new exercises at the gym yesterday....Hopefully it will feel better tomorrow.

Let's all get up and have an awesome Tuesday!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #22  

Height: 5'6

I've been in and out of 3FC for awhile....all or nothing mentality! I am back and hopefully will stick with it this time! I canned WW about a week ago when I started GAINING the few lbs I lost. I am trying calories now. I get very resentful about dieting. I think I should just be able to eat what and when I want and not gain weight It's nice to know there are other people suffering with this too.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #23  
I aim to misbehave

WormwoodDoll - Congrats! You are so close to onederland--you'll be there in no time. Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

michelinwoman - I just started calorie counting too. I haven't ever been able to stick to any other diets, but this is working really well for me (10 days in). I have learned a lot about food too--like maybe throwing a pizza in because both my husband and I are exhausted after a long day of work isn't the best idea. Duh--but I'm slow sometimes.

I've lost my first five pounds! I know it isn't much, but it is so nice to see the scale moving to the left instead of the right.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

fly-by...nice to see the thread all lively n stuff happy humpday!
Old 04-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #25  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrose View Post
Hi Velveteen - Sorry you have had such a rough time. I can totally understand why that situation would be frustrating for you! You are doing great by not letting it get you down! You go!

I am not too happy, myself. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks because I was scared of what I had done, and yep I gained 5 pounds! That means since January 1 I have lost 7 and gained 5 back! AAAHHHHHH! Oh well, I am just going to keep going and learn from my mistake. It's not too late to make 2009 my year!
it's been like this for days now with commuting. I tend to let it take my energy. I really need to settle down a bit sometimes!

Sorry to hear about the gain, but you know what, it doesn't matter, because you can change all of it NOW!!! I was looking at my WW card at at Week 5 I weighed 97.9KG. I weighed in yesterday - 10 WEEKS LATER - and I'm at 97.7KG. Granted I was on vacation for two weeks in the US and got married in the middle of all that, but still... I could really be down if I thought about the little 200grs off my body in 10 weeks time, but it doesn't matter now. What matters is that I'm NOW making the effort, I'm NOW making the choices, planning, exercising, NOW is what matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by WormwoodDoll View Post
Hey ladies! Just poppin' in here. I'm glad to see everyone's is stopping by. Feb/March seemed dead!

Between Feb/March I finally broke out of the 220s & 210s and I'm now a size 16 with NO muffin top! I lost about 3 inches off my waist in that time and lost so far 20lbs from then. I had TOM last week and had some crazy cravings. I gave into them before I started binging on everything in site. So I'm back on track and lost a pound. Better than nothing! And it's WAY better than going off track for 2 months like I did before. I would of been in Onderland by now, but that's then! Today is the day I should care about.
AWESOME!!! It's a little blip and you WILL be in ONEderland VERY soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverite View Post
Velveteen-I live in Colorado. We will likely still get snow off and on for the rest of the month. Sorry to hear about your travel woes. It is so frustrating to spend hours of your free time commuting. Great job not letting it get you down! I'm so impressed with you getting up to tackle the elliptical--that's awesome dedication.

Sunrose-The important part is that you are back on track and focusing on the future--which is what you are doing! It is still early in 2009--you have lots of time to make this your year--and I'm sure you will.

Today was a bit of a struggle for me too. I woke up today with a very sore back. I'm not sure what I did to myself--I did do some new exercises at the gym yesterday....Hopefully it will feel better tomorrow.

Let's all get up and have an awesome Tuesday!
Yes, I remember now taking the train from Chicago to Portland in April of 1990 and we went through Colorado where I was so suprised to see tons of snow on the ground! In fact it WAS actually snowing at some point on the train (well, outside the train, but you know what I mean!). Thanks for being impressed I want to fit it in somewhere, so early morning's really the only time to exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelinwoman View Post
I've been in and out of 3FC for awhile....all or nothing mentality! I am back and hopefully will stick with it this time! I canned WW about a week ago when I started GAINING the few lbs I lost. I am trying calories now. I get very resentful about dieting. I think I should just be able to eat what and when I want and not gain weight It's nice to know there are other people suffering with this too.

I hear you about being resentful!!! I think that is my biggest problem right now, I RESENT a lot of times having to do this, but when I get rid of that feeling I know that this is for my health and well-being. I'm a WW and I'm suprised you gained - but I don't know the program in the US, only the one we have here in the Benelux, which is different.

Good luck getting back into the swing of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaman View Post
fly-by...nice to see the thread all lively n stuff happy humpday!
hey sweets!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks to everyone for your kinds words of encouragement! I've been eating well for the past 4 days, but I have yet to add in the exercise because I slept weird on my neck a few nights ago - but I will get to it soon.

Velveteen - You are right that it's NOW that matters. It's pointless to regret the past, just learn from it and move on!

WormwoodDoll - You are so awesome! I remember when we were nearly the same weight. You kept going and I slipped up. Now you are my example to keep on going and that it will happen!

Riverite - Congrats on your first five pounds lost!

Sorry if I missed anyone, I don't mean to ignore you and I wish all of you well and will chat with you again soon!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #27  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hello everyone! Enjoying the long weekend here and getting some things done around the house (painting, yardwork etc.)

Riverite - I painted the kitchen off-white with a deep pumpkin orange as the accent for the backsplash, an area between the cupboards and the ceiling and just above the stove. It turned out quite nice.

I am painting the hall Swiss coffee (cream) with polar white for the baseboards. The stairs will be Swiss coffee and chocolate brown. Hmmm I am getting hungr from the titles of these paint colors!

We finally got our autographed Dawn of the Dead poster framed and put up in the livingroom and a new carpet put in. The livingroom is white with black trim and black sofa and loveseat with orange, red and yellow accents (think carpet, artwork, candles, throwcushions) and is movie themed. This is currently my favorite room in the whole place!

Sunrose - you can do it!

Way to go Wormwood doll!

Velveteen - hope things get better.

Janda -

Michelinwoman - welcome!

Must run, guests have arived to drink wine and watch movies!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 04-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #28  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Sunrose - You'll be here in no time! In December/January I did the same exact thing. I gained a few pounds too. But I starting controlling myself again and here I am. I've learned a lot since September and I've been controlling my binge/emotional eating, which caused me to be so off plan then on during the December & January months. Just keep it up!

Riverite - Congrats on the first 5lbs!
Old 04-11-2009, 09:26 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 307/ticker/140

Mauvaisroux- You're making me itch for when I have my own apartment to paint in the fall!

Well, this month has already been strange and surreal. I made the executive decision to stay here at school over the summer where I have a gym, a kitchen in the sublease, and access to my counselor and nutritionist. Should I have gone home, I would have watch Tyra and snacked all day long and gained weight like I do every summer. Hopefully this will help build up good habits for the fall.

To all the new, welcome, and hey to everyone else!
Old 04-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #30  
I aim to misbehave

Gypsy Severina - Congrats on making a good decision for yourself. Sometimes it is hard to ignore family and make a decision about what is most important: you. This summer is also going to be a bit different for me--being unemployed--so, we will have to keep in contact and support each other.

Mauvaisroux - Wow! Your colors sound amazing.

I am in shock that is it Sunday night already--so not ready to go to work tomorrow. But, this should be a fun week. We have this Tuesday Night Live presentation this week. Teachers and students put on skits in the vein of Sat Night Live to raise money for our local families who need the help. I have been working on the Thriller dance with twenty other students and teachers. Today, I was busy "zombie-fying" a dress from Goodwill by tearing holes in it and rolling it in "dirt" (coffee grounds). The theatre kids are going to do our make up. I can't wait!
Closed Thread