Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #106  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5˝

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvaisroux View Post
Hey everyone!

Our photo thread is now a permanent sticky above the Bio thread!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I spent Saturday doing some spring cleaning and today I am off to yoga class. I did find something at the discount store - I got a pair of yoga pants, a tank and two sleeveless tops that have built in bras - all for $50.10 (taxes included), much better deal than 1 pair of pants at $90.00.

Gaia- I am stuck in between too! Try being 40 and being torn between still feeling a certain gothic hipness and trying to work in a very conservative workplace. AAARG!!!!! sometimes I feel like I am losing myself and other times I feel like I must look like I am trying too hard to hang on to the part of me that still feels like I am 25 and that I should just grow up and start trying to fit in - then every fibre of my being rises up to rebel against being conservative and trying to fit in.

Trying to strike a balance is sometimes very difficult.

Hey Red Thanks so much for making our photo thread a sticky!! ( ok I have to laugh everytime I say or read "sticky" because here in the Netherlands, that's slang for a joint)

Sounds like you got a GREAT deal at the discount store! whoo hoo!

You know I am almost 40 and while I don't work in a conservative place, I still feel somedays like "hmmm, should I act more my age? what do women my age act like?" You know what though... if you are not being yourself you won't "fit in" either, plus it will make you a very miserable Redhead. So just keep being yourself and screw whatever the rules say we are "supposed" to do or be

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPaula View Post
hey guys!

im new but im definately an alternachick!

hope you're all ok, its thunder storms galore here in england!
Hey Paula! Welcome to the group!

If you had thunderstorms, that means they are on the way HERE! Seems we always get your weather 1 - 2 days later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfairy View Post
WELCOME PAULA!!!!

hey all...well I gained 4 lbs over my canadian idol weekend I kept losing 2 then gaining it back for a week so I didn't weight myself after last wednesday when the scale said 176. I weighed myself yesterday at back down to 173!! so I am where I was the friday before CI. I sent in my video for CI on friday if it gets posted on the webpage I promise I will send you all the link...not all get posted. On the weekend was my grandpas 89 birthday he is my favourite person in my family :P the problem with the weekedn was my uncle, aunt and 2 cousins were coming. my one cousin is about 25 and he is super nice as well as my aunt but my uncle and my 22 year old female cousin are...MEAN. when I was younger my female cousin would say she wishes she could give me her hand me downs because my mom coulnd't afford brand name but I was so fat I would never fit in them....and more stuff like that about me being poor (which we weren't just not rich) or me being fat. We got to the dinner and my male cousin commented on how good I looked and how much I have lost. My aunt made a nice comment later in the night. my uncle and cousin who are so quick to comment about weight gain said nothing of the lose which I didn't expect them to anyways...but the good thing they had NOTHING negative to say to me. Also I went to the Mandarin (not sure if yo have those in the states) its a GIGANTIC chinese buffet. That was where the birthday was. I ate sushi, a small piece of chicken and a TINY piece of cheesecake for dessert...tiny tiny. I was SOOO proud of myself. and also found out I LOVE sushi. I weighed myself the day after and that was when I was 173. so I am proud of myself. its going to be a long day for me today because my DH works a double so he is gone now until midnight. but my mom and sis are staying the night so that should be fun. anyways talk to you all later.

Girl you did SO well!!! These are the kinds of things we are all faced with eventually... that is, people who want to keep you down, whether it's family or co-workers or people who are not really your friends... I'm very proud of you... and you know for yourself how successful you've been so far - these people wouldn't dare say anything about your weight loss because OH MY GOSH then they'd have to be NICE for a change! Ha! Who needs 'em, eh?

Def. let us know if your video goes up!

Had a great weekend - also down 2.6 pounds, whoo hoo!! Wanted to work out this evening but have a headache. Don't want to push it and make it worse. I think what I need is to just go to bed early tonight.

Are you all doing TBL? What teams are you on?
Old 04-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #107  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

well done on being so good at the birthday bash irish!! what a fabulous achievement, i bet it feels good to see that number droppung on the scale, i saw your photos in the thread above and you look fabulous!

velveteen thats a great loss... thanks for the welcome, we've had even more storms today, huge hail stones! seems spring is here with a vengeance!

My best friend is coming over tonight to re-do the pink in my hair, shes a hairdresser how lucky am i!

Im also looking forward to thursday as i have my next 1 and a half hour tattoo session on my sleeve... cant wait to get it going properly... once i can post pics i will share with everyone!

i've eaten on plan today, atkins induction... feels good to be doing it again, ive not felt hungry all day.. its so nice to not be hungry.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:19 PM   #108  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

We have a national holiday on Weds and Thurs - I was just saying to Ron (my DF) "I hope it blasts rail and hail on everyone Wednesday" (yes I'm evil like that - I hate Queen's Day...only drunk people, huge crowds, 45 minutes standing in a queue to use the toilet, dodgy food... It better be a seriously rocked out festival for me to be in that sort of situation and Queen's Day is NOTHING like that!) Looks like my wish may come true

Looking forward to seeing your pics - hair and tatts and anything else! I used to have a good friend who was a hairdresser (as well as prof. body painter), what a great bonus!!

Good for you on your plan today!!
Old 04-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #109  
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Well, to every sick alternachick out there, I've joined the ranks. I had to go to the emergency room last night because the right side of my mouth is swollen, red, and hurts like ****. I can't open my mouth that much so I'm talking quietly, and I can't eat anything that can't be readily swallowed. I actually can't close my mouth without biting the swollen tissue. The ER doctor was absolutely no freaking help whatsoever. I kept saying, "Yes, my throat hurts a little bit at the top, but I can't EAT and I can't open my MOUTH. My MOUTH is what hurts, not my throat." They gave me a penicilin substitute and a prescription for more. I got a follow up call today (it hurt so much worse today than yesterday) from a nurse who can hear when I say its my mouth, not my throat that's driving me nuts. She said that I had pharyngitis (the doctor failed to mention this) and to gargle salt water, take some pain pills, and if it got worse, give them a call. Apparently this is going around; mom works at the health department, and a lot of cases of the same thing came in today. Yay. The only positive thing that can come of this is that I won't be able to overeat should I feel like it.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:17 PM   #110  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

how's everyone doing?

almost MAY! and we cranked this thread this month! I loved chatting with you guys, I hope we can do it again (and have MORE successes!) in May!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 04:18 PM   #111  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

OMG Gaia, we were posting at the same time! I'm so sorry about your mouth! How very strange!! I sure hope it clears up soon!
Old 04-29-2008, 07:44 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 212/168/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Sorta Alterna

Hi- I am somewhat new and was reading the posts and could totally relate to the being stuck in between. Here I am 35 and a teacher in a conservative, small southern town! I am new here so want to make friends but everyone is soooo darn christian (not that that is bad, but I am not). Also I feel like I am getting toooo old for my semi goth wierdness feelings.

By the way-
Went up to 183 then started South Beach and went down 177 in 2 weeks. Then slipped a couple of days and am up to 179. Right back on track today!

Tahnks for listening!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #113  
The Witchy Veggie

stitchwitch- North Florida in general is way too conservative- I'm only about 90 miles from you. I think that for all us in-betweens, forget what the world thinks. If we have to change ourselves to make friends, what's the point? Also, I don't think there's a ceiling age for goth awesomeness- it'll never die.
BTW, love love LOVE your avatar!

Last edited by gaia2094; 04-29-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:27 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

quick howdee

am still dealing w/my mystery health issues so don't really feel like talking much. just to let you know i'm lurking around thinkin boutchoo hot guapas!!!

see you in may!
Old 04-30-2008, 07:33 AM   #115  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchwitch1224 View Post
Hi- I am somewhat new and was reading the posts and could totally relate to the being stuck in between. Here I am 35 and a teacher in a conservative, small southern town! I am new here so want to make friends but everyone is soooo darn christian (not that that is bad, but I am not). Also I feel like I am getting toooo old for my semi goth weirdness feelings.

By the way-
Went up to 183 then started South Beach and went down 177 in 2 weeks. Then slipped a couple of days and am up to 179. Right back on track today!

Thanks for listening!
WELCOME Stitchwitch!!! You are in good company here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaia2094 View Post
stitchwitch- North Florida in general is way too conservative- I'm only about 90 miles from you. I think that for all us in-betweens, forget what the world thinks. If we have to change ourselves to make friends, what's the point? Also, I don't think there's a ceiling age for goth awesomeness- it'll never die.
BTW, love love LOVE your avatar!

Agree with EVERYTHING said here!! I'm nearly 40 and am actually picky now about who I want to be friends with. It used to be I just wanted to have some sort of social group... just to belong to something... being an expat it's pretty easy to join some sort of expat "club", but what's the point if you have nothing in common???? And then, when you really NEED these friends... they all disappear. Hard lesson to learn really, but at least now I KNOW who my real friends are.

In the meantime, I'm an internet message board geek. If I feel ok with my life in general and the "friends" I have online, then I think I'm doing all right. It's not perfect, but can't have everything, right? At least I'm still true to MYSELF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaman View Post
quick howdee

am still dealing w/my mystery health issues so don't really feel like talking much. just to let you know i'm lurking around thinkin boutchoo hot guapas!!!

see you in may!

thinking about you too Jan... wish I could do something to help.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:03 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

Hey all I didn't make it on CI oh well I posted my video on you tube for you all to see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWbwdUWehPQI am a little nervous about the comments people will make...oh well
Old 04-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 245/238/150

I didn't make it to the doctor last Friday, I had to reschedule for the 9th of May. I'm feeling a bit down. It's like whenever I get motivated something happens that shuts it down. My boyfriend's father died Thursday night, it was quite a surprise. I was ignoring my boyfriend's phone calls because I wanted to finish my workout, when I was done I called him and he told me the sad news.

Things have been so hectic since then, I really couldn't tell you what I've done for the past five days. It's time to move on though, my boyfriend wants to focus on the future and I'm right there with him. One more hurdle to jump over...
Old 04-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #118  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

woah goldie i am so so so sorry for your loss. how awful big hugs x

i hope everyone is doing ok... will post more in may thread however i am down 3 pounds, and i have just done the first C25K workout and a half hour of pilates
Old 04-30-2008, 04:16 PM   #119  
The Witchy Veggie

Paula- Love the hair!

irishfairy- I thought it was great! I've honestly never heard the song before, but it sounded like you studied it well with all the pitch changes and stuff. Nicely done, girl!
Old 04-30-2008, 05:09 PM   #120  
The Witchy Veggie

I'm having way too much fun over here, even being sick! My dad and I are brainstorming on making a couch/futon/bed thing for my dorm room that won't take up much room but can be used when people come over and lounge on it and then (dad's idea) fold it down and lock it as a bed. I'm in a newly built dorm this year with LOTS of room for two people. Yay!
Closed Thread