"she turned me into a newt....I got better"
Old 04-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #18  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5˝

what are you going to sing BTW, Irish?
Old 04-06-2008, 04:15 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

gunnin by hedley, misery business by paramore and my backups are tongue tied by fabver drive and fences by paramore
Old 04-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

oooh, sorry jandaman --- you are doing a master's in comparative lit, right? who are you reading?

yumm, easter bunnies.... "'e's got big teeth!"
: )
anita
Old 04-06-2008, 10:15 PM   #21  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

"Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes!
They've got those hoppy legs and twitchy little noses!
And what's with all the carrots?
Why do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
Bunnies! Bunnies! It must be BUNNIES!

...or maybe midgets?"

(Yeah, okay, not Monty Python. But this is where my brain went.)

Irish - it's FABULOUS you're auditioning for Canadian Idol! Man, I would never have the nerve for that. I love singing, but I'm just scared stiff of singing in public. Good on you!

Jandaman - ooh, comparative literature? Sounds awesome - I must chime in & ask for more details!

Velveteen - my God, I SO agree with your tagline! Bugger this "You have such a pretty face" crap! I want to have a hot FIGURE!

Last edited by broadabroad; 04-06-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:18 PM   #22  

I fart in your general direction!!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:33 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

OMG irish fairy that is my absolute favorite part..i'm glad noone was around to witness my snorting (which i invariably do when i really laugh) and hyena-like guffaws! you have just made my day.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:57 AM   #24  

hey anita and fay! currently rereading critical essays on brett easton ellis' less than zero--> blank fictions by james annesley and shopping in space by elizabeth young. prepping for my aesthetics of evil course by reading de sade, baudelaire, milton and poe etc. am just a lil bit on the frustrated side as i was recently told i needed to "retake" certain courses because my credits did not transfer..which the administration told me, naturally, while i am in the final throes of writing my thesis! arrgh. go figure..bureaucrats they're the same the world over!
(and so i secretly procrastinate, curl up and read tad williams' shadowplay instead)

and velveteen ur tagline is da bomb. it really hits home.

for everyone this morning and lots of caffeine

Last edited by jandaman; 04-07-2008 at 04:58 AM. Reason: forgetful jones
Old 04-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #25  

I lost a lb this morning and I am so happy I am officially half way done this journey!!!! I am getting really nervous about idol..as you can tell by my song choices I am not your typical whitney houston/christina aguilera singer. I love singing pop punk type music which may give me a disadvantage the good thing is that unlike american idol canadian idol has had a more broad range of vocalists we have had a few indie type artists that have made top 20, a punk artist last year that made top 20, an alternative singer last year won oh and we had a metal scream singer that made top 100. so that gives me a bit more motivation. I bought my outfit last week and was so exctied that the size 15 skinny pants I bought are a bit big but they didn't have a 13 and I wanted them bad, the XL shirt is big around my stomach but my boobs wouldn't fit in anything smaller.

Jandaman thats my favourite part too! leave or I shall taunt you a second time!! lol
Old 04-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #26  

Height: 5'7"

Broadabroad - I found your Monty Python bunny quote:

"Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth. "

Irish - can you tape your audition & put it up on youtube or somewhere? That's the kind of music I'd make a point to watch the show for. Best of luck, girlie!

I'm not an Idol fan (and I'm in the States, so I wouldn't get to see you anyway), but if more people sang along the lines of the stuff you're auditioning with, I'd probably watch. I don't do well with the vocal gymnastics ala the Christina-wannabees. Not every song needs to be sang to death - it ruins a lot of them. I'd LOVE to hear a little edgier stuff like you're doing. That little girl in Paramore can really wail!
Old 04-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #27  
SkinnyGina

Height: FiveSix

Irish- congrats on the pound lost, and totally agree with havoc that you need to post it

Jand- Chi-town=Chicago, not a stupid question were really the only ones who call it that

"Brave Sir Robin ran away. Bravely ran away, away! When danger reared its ugly head, He bravely turned his tail and fled"

Last edited by SkinnyGina; 04-07-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #28  

If I make it on to the show I will be sure to post all of the footage for my american friends Last year we had a girl named montana who sang the used and fall out boy. She gave me the courage to tryout this year. I am super excited.

" Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. "
Old 04-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #29  
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

As much as I love Holy Grail, my favorite movie is The Meaning of Life.

"If you are the grim reaper how do we die?"

"Undercooked fish!"

"Oh, I'm sorry." -dies-

That's not the exact quote, but that's the funny part. That and the dancing topless angels. I also love the bit about Catholics and birth control. The beginning with the accounting pirates is freaking hilarious, too.

I do love Holy Grail, though, haven't watched it in a while. "She must be punished! You must spank her! Then, we will all have a good spanking."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I wasn't in any peril!"

"Yes you were!"

"You're gay!"

"No I'm not..."

It was always funny if not a teeny bit creepy. Again, sorry for the misquotes, haven't had time to pop in my DVD from Christmas.

Last edited by gaia2094; 04-07-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #30  

gaia! "the salmon mousse" he gravely intones

i love that one, too. and "fishy fishy fishy fish..oh fishy oh!"

monty python on the brain.....must stop thinking in quotes! must stop aaarghh!

xxoo jandaman

"every sperm is sacred, every sperm is good! every sperm is needed in ur neighborhood!"
Closed Thread