Old 07-29-2017, 02:15 AM   #46  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Mygoalz: Incredible that you have such low BP while being overweight! Mine runs like that when I'm slimmer, but it has been borderline hypertensive recently. How much weight have you lost since stating the LCHF/IF? What kind of fast do you do? All meals in 8 hour window type of thing, or the one meal a day type? What do you do to keep from eating during fasting hours? I know what you mean about medication. I am 53 years old and don't take a single pill. If my BP gets to where it runs high, I will take an antihypertensive med. I don't want to have a stroke. Just one more reason to drop weight.
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:01 AM   #47  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! Hope everyone is doing well. My BP had climbed to a level where my PCP prescribed antihypertensive meds for me last year but I'm hoping it drops enough with the weight loss that I can get back off meds. Another motivator for dropping this weight!
My appetite has increased over the past 2 days and I've met my calories+. I've stayed under 20 grams net carbs and stayed on plan with my food but can't help feeling a little guilty? Ugh. Wish I could separate food from my emotions once and for all. It's PMS week for me so not sure if it's related or all in my head...
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:09 PM   #48  
Fishing for a plan!

Good Afternoon:

Boop: I am an emotional eater as well. And I'm certain these sputtering hormones aren't helping either. LOL. I lost 10 pounds right away doing LCHF, but couldn't get out of bed....

Hello to everyone else!
Old 08-02-2017, 02:57 PM   #49  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,
Busy continues. I haben't had much time to read or post. I did have a NSV (non scale victory). Sweet little pastries were being served and I passed them up for fruit. I am doing pretty well staying away from sugar.
Hope you all are doing well.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:02 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 210/195/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Sorry for the delay in responding...

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We've had company.

Lurchmama, I was just lucky with the low BP. My grandfather's was so low the doctors said he should be dead, and my mother took after him. My BP has always been low, and I seem to have passed it on to my daughters...so it just runs in the family.

As to the fasting, I rotate my meals. I don't eat breakfast, and 2 or 3 days during the week I skip lunch too. I know much longer fasts are possible, but that was enough for me before. Dinner time is important to us as a family and I don't like to miss it. I also don't want to set any precedent in front of my youngest that could lead to an eating disorder. (I have been careful to share the research behind using intermittent fasting to control blood sugar with her and don't hide checking my blood sugar before meals so she knows why I'm choosing the drink broth instead of eating larger helpings at some meals.) If I know I'm not going to be home at night because of a work function, I will plan ahead and make that time a 2 day fast. As to what do I do during the fasting time, I drink a lot of water, or have some tea or homemade bone broth. I also still have my coconut oil. Truthfully when I'm not stressed, it's not too hard for me and I don't feel very hungry with all the liquid I consume. (I read the hunger cravings tend to last about 15-20 minutes before they go down, and for me that's true, so a hot drink I have to sip works pretty well.) My downfall is stress... but then, it doesn't matter how much I eat or how full I am, I want to eat something sweet.

I lost 35 pounds last year very easily doing LCHF, and my sugars were in completely in control without meds. Then I stress ate junk and gained 20 back. (Completely my responsibility there.) I started my second go round doing LCHF/IF about 2 weeks ago, and I've lost 8 pounds so far - so I'm almost back to where I was before I "fell off the wagon". Energy's good, sugar's good, less bloated, and I'm feeling better overall... my body is telling me I'm on the right track.

QUOTE=LurchMomma;5324918]Mygoalz: How much weight have you lost since stating the LCHF/IF? What kind of fast do you do? All meals in 8 hour window type of thing, or the one meal a day type? What do you do to keep from eating during fasting hours? .[/QUOTE]
mygoalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:03 PM   #51  

Default Good job

Good for you, glynne! Non scale victories are important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Hello all,
Busy continues. I haben't had much time to read or post. I did have a NSV (non scale victory). Sweet little pastries were being served and I passed them up for fruit. I am doing pretty well staying away from sugar.
Hope you all are doing well.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:26 PM   #52  
Debbie

Hi all!

Well I am surprised to say that I saw my parents today and actually got some positive comments regarding my appearance. Wow. I'm a little annoyed with myself that it matters so much to me. Ugh! Of course my father made a comment to the effect of I must eat a lot of salad because I'm "on a diet".

Yeah....I eat a lot of salad along with butter, bacon, eggs, steak, avocado, etc.
Believe me. It's not even worth trying to explain this way of eating to them.
I'm going to continue doing what's working for me and try to let go of this need for other people's approval. Definitely a work in progress!
Old 08-06-2017, 08:26 PM   #53  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Ladies:

Gayle: Way to go! Lately, I haven't even been trying to resist. That comes to a screeching halt tomorrow!

Boop: Hang in there! I think it's hard not to want to please your parents. I think it was Meg Ryan, in "French Kiss", who said, "Even people who hate their mothers love their mothers".

Mygoalz: Great draw on the BP gene card! How do you make your bone broth?

Have a great night everyone! Monday cometh.....
Old 08-07-2017, 04:45 PM   #54  

Hi friends,

I am new to this forum and have to introduce myself multiple times. I am pasting my introduction from another thread if that's OK. I am very excited to meet you all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Everyone,

Very nice to meet you all! I am 50, a school teacher, mother to a 22 y.o. son, and recently widowed.

Our family went through some very tough times with my DH's cancer diagnosis 2 years ago and his struggle and passing. In the last 2 years, I paid zero attention to what/when/how I ate and the end result is over 30+ extra lbs. on my already heavy frame.

I have been somewhat successful on Low Carb and am now combining that with Intermittent Fasting.

I'm looking forward to know everyone and give and receive support to help all of us achieve our WL goals.
Eliza Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:59 PM   #55  
Debbie

Hi Eliza! Welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Lurchmomma Thanks for your reply. I love that 2 of your quotes are from Stephen King & Dean Koontz books by the way!!!

Last edited by boopchick; 08-07-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:14 AM   #56  

Hi Eliza, and welcome! I'm a school teacher, 50, have a 22 year old too, and I'm doing intermittent fasting. What do you teach?
Boop: I'm not sure, on some level, we ever stop wanting some type of parental affirmation. However, wanting and depending are two different things. It doesn't sound like you are depending on it, so good for you!
Lurchmama: I'm not much of a cook, so I can honestly say if I can do it anyone can. We did invest in a good quality pressure cooker, which helps speed up the process A LOT, but you can do it with just a big pot and lots of time. (At the very least, I would invest in a strainer basket that can sit in the pot while the broth cooks.) I use the bones of leftover chickens we cook or I can also buy beef bones from my local grocery store. I learned that I had to ask someone in the meat department for soup bones because they keep them in the freezer in the back. They give me a big bag that keeps me in soup bones for a while. We also keep the leftover trimmings from vegetables and such in a bag in our freezer to throw in the pot too. So, bones, veggie bits, and some seasoning in the pot. Cook it. [depending on the type of pot used 2 hr. (pressure cooker) or low simmer in big pot (10hours?) ] Pull the strainer basket out and discard the bones and soggy veggie bits. Let it cool, and store in the fridge or the freezer. I'd give you a link, but I'm not allowed to post those yet.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #57  

Bah, I blew it today. Stressful day, won't bore you with the details, I was feeling pressured and didn't even think about it until after I had snarfed some junk. Sigh... irritated with myself. Here's to tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:21 AM   #58  
Debbie

Good morning all.

mygoalz Sorry to hear you had a stressful day. Hope things are going better.

I'm starting my morning late and having my first cup of coffee. I'll be heading over to my daughter's in awhile to feed and visit with her cat. They will back from vacation late tomorrow night. I've spent the past few days on the boat or in the pool. Today looks like rain and thunderstorms so maybe a good day to read or watch a movie.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 08-15-2017, 11:26 AM   #59  
Debbie

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? My losses have slowed down this week. I've been bouncing around between 227 and 228. I am eating on plan and trying to practice patience.

My daughter and grandson are back from vacation. I spent the whole day with them yesterday. I am currently drinking a cup of coffee and procrastinating starting my day...It's not helping that it's cloudy and gloomy outside.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:17 PM   #60  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Ladies:

mygoalz: Thanks for the bone broth tutorial. I've been reading about the benefits of it, but I've never had it. I don't have a pressure cooker, but want to get an "Instant Pot", which I've heard is good for everything from pressure cooking to making yogurt. I used to make my own yogurt every week until lightning blew up my stove. LOL. I can light the burners with a match, but there is no way to light the oven. I hope your stress has eased up!

Boopchick: I hope you are doing well. It seems as if I saw in another thread that you are making good progress! Keep it up! I'm glad you like my quotes. Funny that my favorite books are the Bible, then Stephen King and Dean Koontz!

Eliza Jazz: I hope you are able to heal and focus on your health.

Hello to anyone else passing through!

Last edited by LurchMomma; 08-19-2017 at 09:18 PM.