Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 11:08 PM   #121  
TriAthlete

S/C/G: 192/189/169

Height: 5'10"

Default catching up!

I've been checking the boards while I was traveling last week, and it was great to read all the tips and progress. I really appreciate everyone's posts. To catch up....I love nuts, but I have to be careful so I don't gobble them...I've been on a tea kick lately, too...Ive been drinking camomoile tea at night which really does curb my wanting to munch.

The weatherman is predicting 40° this weekend, so i hope to get out on a bike ride. I hope everyone has a good week and keep up the great work.
Shari
Old 01-15-2015, 03:00 AM   #122  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back Shari.

I nibble on Almonds or Walnuts once in a while. I have a container at my work desk. When I start to feel like I need something to munch on, I grab a small handful to nibble on. It keeps me from eating something I shouldn't. I have been good about not going back for a second helping that day too.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:15 AM   #123  
Focus & Determination

Smile Motivational Quotes

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
Confucius

Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.
Og Mandino

The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
Confucius

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C. S. Lewis

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Eleanor Roosevelt

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Mark Twain

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
Benjamin Franklin

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Henry David Thoreau

Old 01-15-2015, 12:24 PM   #124  

Height: 5' 2"

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Henry David Thoreau

Wow, what a great description of what I recognize as true.

As 2015 progresses, I'm impressed at my thinking is different and my actions are certainly changing. I'm so glad for the extra help coming here and reading, pondering and responding.

My eating is adapting much easier than I expected.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:02 AM   #125  
Focus & Determination

Love2garden-that sounds like success to me. You are changing into a new healthy you!!!!!

Last edited by Corinna T; 01-16-2015 at 05:26 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:25 AM   #126  
Focus & Determination

Default Ten Health Benefits of Bananas

See attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bananas.jpg (39.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-16-2015, 08:40 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

I agree, bananas are great! I also like unsalted raw almonds, but limit myself to a serving (20 pieces)... they seem to suppress my appetite, too!

I think I've finally gotten into my old eating groove and am abandoning all sugar and simp0le carbs. Found a great web site with multiple articles on evidence-based approach to Nutrition...it makes a lot of sense to me!

Andi
Old 01-16-2015, 09:20 AM   #128  
TriAthlete

S/C/G: 192/189/169

Default Letting go

Sometimes it's not what we do, it's what we let go of that makes us lighter

Let go of what no longer serves you - tiny pic.jpg

Love and Light today!
Shari
Old 01-16-2015, 10:35 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I'm still working on getting my plan underway that I set forth in a previous post. I waver from time to time, but I'm a work in progress. My weight is up 2 lbs but I'm not going to panic. I will get it going in the right direction again.

I am back to tracking my food so I can see where I'm having problems.

Corinna, in answer to your question about eating something within an hour of bedtime, that was something I read in Diabetes Miracle, which instructs you to eat every 4-5 hours to keep blood sugar steady, to keep your liver from dumping glucose. Since you go all night without any food, she recommends eating the snack before bed to shorten the fasting period. A bedtime snack is usually recommended for diabetics, and sometimes it helps me and sometimes not. I am still not sure about this. I think everyone has to structure their eating in the way that works best for them. We're all different.

Lots of good tips and links posted recently. Andi, thanks for the link for evidence-based approach to nutrition. It looks interesting and I've bookmarked it for future reference. Lots of time when I'm not busy in the evenings I come online and read links I've bookmarked throughout the day.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-16-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:19 PM   #130  

Sheri said "Sometimes it's not what we do, it's what we let go of that makes us lighter."

Huge realization for me was to let go the belief I'd die if I went hungry! I carried it most of my life and only let go of it in past few years. Still took a long time to fully adjust to the truth. Yesterday I ate breakfast, became busy and didn't realize till 7 or 8 hours later that I had not eaten, nor had I felt hungry till then. AMAZING

Bananas, always found on our counter, but all 3 of us really enjoy them and buy them on every trip out. I limit myself on fruit to 2 a day, always raw without sugar, but often one of those is a banana.

Almonds, this is one snack we keep in TV room. Munching slowly on about 1/2 cup will satisfy my evening hunger. Believe they are high in calcium that would also help toward sleep.

Carol Sue, tracking our food DOES make such a difference, doesn't it. When I finally began doing it again, I feel progress even tho the scale doesn't show it yet. Yesterday I accidentally went way too low but felt good. Wonder if that is why I showed a slight gain?
Old 01-16-2015, 11:33 PM   #131  
Focus & Determination

Andi-thanks for sharing the website authoritynutrition.com

Shari-good point. Sometimes we just need to let go of the things that don't serve us.

Carol Sue
-It's good you're back with tracking your food. It will help you keep focused especially once you put your plan into action.

Love2garden-That is amazing that you went that long without even feeling hungry. I have to eat something at least every 4 hours or else I get sick with a migraine. My body just doesn't like it.

My weigh-in for today ......is down approximately 1/2lb. Yeah! There goes my 2lb streak, but I am happy it is still a loss.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:24 AM   #132  
Focus & Determination

Smile Need an Attitude Adjustment? Here's How to Get One

One day you wake up feeling irritated by everyone, focused on "what's wrong" in your life, or just plain apathetic to all of it. This cranky disposition just crept up on you. You may stay in this mood for awhile, but finally you say to yourself, "I hate feeling this way! This is not who I am. I need an attitude adjustment!"

Consider for a moment the possibility that you didn't just fall into your bad mood based on a single event, but that you very gradually became immersed in a lack of happy thoughts due to an absorption of negative energy from the people around you. Perhaps a coworker made an unflattering remark to you the other day, and you've been trying to think of a comeback ever since. Maybe a friend called four times in the past week to vent about how her husband is a jerk and her kids don't appreciate her and trying to be a good friend, you make her feel better by listening to every sordid detail and recalling examples in your own life when loved ones had been insensitive to you as well. The effects of these incidents may not be immediately noticeable, but each one builds upon the one before it, until they attach to you and take hold.

What this means from an energetic point of view is that little by little, your vibration has continually headed lower. It is so subtle sometimes that you don't even realize it until it's too late and has affected your attitude in a big way. Your thoughts increasingly grow overly negative from day to day, gaining momentum, until finally you've had enough! As far as you're concerned, you are unloved and unappreciated, and no one is going to convince you any differently!

So what do we do when we realize we are the guest of honor at our own pity party?
Here are three tried-and-true solutions to help you begin feeling like your cheery self again:

1) The Happiness Catalogue:

The Happiness Catalogue is where you write down all of the things you enjoy. For instance, you may list: playing your guitar (which you haven't made time to do in years); taking a bubble bath, going out to the movies; taking your dog for a long walk while the sun shines brightly on your face; or how about baking cookies; putting together a puzzle on the kitchen table; or dancing around the house to your favorite tunes. Maybe you love flowers -- go to the market and buy your special kind and just stare at them all day if you want. After all, this idea is akin to looking through a seed catalogue, full of a variety of beautiful, colorful options that are perfect just for you.

Personal happiness can only come from the experience of joy. No no one can do it for you; it has to come from feeling good on the inside. An imbalance in one's life -- caused by an abundance of negativity and a lack of fun and play -- will eventually manifest into a bad attitude that will be a challenge to shake off. Put balance back into your life by doing things that make you smile.

2) Note to Self:

Try this experiment: Sit down and have your "future self" write a letter to your "current self." Use your imagination and fantasize! The sky's the limit! Tell your "current self" how amazing life is! The "future you" is having the time of his life! The "current you" doesn't have to worry about a thing because that coworker who's always rude to you took a job somewhere else -- you now own your own extremely successful business -- and your friend, who used to constantly complain to you, has never felt better and has nothing to say but positive things! You are able to live in the moment (which really isn't so bad) without thinking about the past or the future, because everything totally works out. Your "future self" is loving life, and that is what you have to look forward to! All you need to do is be here now... the future will take care of itself and the past is old news.

3) E-motion Is Energy in Motion:

When energy moves through us, it takes the form of an emotion. When negative energy is trying to move through us, it takes the form of negative emotion. Therefore, if you've been exposed to lots of negative energy, your body and mind are going to try to release it as such. This is why an adjustment of your attitude may be in order. Crying is an action that comes out from inside and cleanses the emotions. Some people may see crying as a bad thing, making one even sadder. However, the truth is that we feel much better after a good cry! It actually elevates your vibration by making room for the joy to come in. So play some sad songs and just let it all out!

Take responsibility for your mood and choose not to stay in it. Realize that just as this energy moved into you, it must move out. Try not to be around others when in a bad mood so as not to spread the misery. Accept what it is, let it go, and allow yourself to move forward. The moment you start feeling a little depressed or begin having more and more negative thoughts, do not shrug it off and let it get worse. It's a slippery slope. The longer you ignore these emotions, the harder it will be to detach from them and live a happy, emotionally healthy life. Nip it in the bud!

If your life is balanced, and you set aside time on a regular basis to have fun and do things that make you feel happy, then no matter what life and other people "throw" at you, it won't affect you in such a negative way. Everything you encounter will be much, much easier to handle, because your vibration will naturally be higher, and you will not easily attach to the negative energy of others. However, if you wake up one day in a bad mood for "no apparent reason," you'll know that you have been neglecting that part of your life that brings you joy. So browse through your Happiness Catalog, make a "note to self," and know that this too shall pass...

(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/donna-labermeier/attitude-adjustment-_b_3983914.html)
Old 01-17-2015, 06:23 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Down 2.8 lbs.

Purging the house of temptations and smaller portion sizes works for me. Still very cold here...9 degrees this morning...brrr

Corinna, thanks for the inspirational messages.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 01-17-2015, 03:12 PM   #134  

2015-01-03 Starting weight, 228
today
1-17 weight 226.1

At least going the right direction. 2 pounds a month still wouldn't put me below 200# before next year. Meaning, I having to do more. Going on the Beck Diet seriously. Library had the green book with fantastic pages in back to let me track my progress. I do far better with such assistance.

I've let go my childish behavior in refusing to count calories, or go on an official diet, or to firmly resolve to put all my effort into the worthwhile goal of loosing weight in a healthy manner. What a relief to wise up!

Renee: Purging the house has made this week far easier, glad you did too. Down 2.8 # sounds good!

Corinna:"Take responsibility for your mood and choose not to stay in it. " This line alone is one I need to write down for future references.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:28 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Happy Saturday! My weight was down 3.5 pounds! I have gone back to low carbs as that seems to be what works best for me...and that means no bread, pasta, or sugar. Congrats Renee, Corinna, and anyone else who lost or stayed steady!

Appreciate all the positive posts this week!!

Andi
Closed Thread