Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #256  

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all! We didn't go to the gym this morning. Dh is having some tree guys come to give us an estimate on another tree removal. Pretty soon we won't have any trees but guess we have to do it. One side (a split tree) of one tree fell the other day. Fortunately it was a smaller part and not near the house. The one dh is most concerned about is a large one that is also split (I mean growing in two parts..like two attached trees..not sure how to say it) and it if it ever falls it could do great damage to the house and maybe even us and it is already leaning slightly. We rarely have really high winds but in some areas they have been and trees have been falling.

Yesterday was Day 5 on 1-1-1. Again I got a little hungry last night so I ate about 7 radishes. I love them and they are so low on calories and are a "free food." Unfortunately I didn't sleep well but not sure if it was because of eating them.

My stats for yesterday:
cals 1185
carbs 134
fat 54 (little high)
fiber 25
Sodium 1990

I guess I am very fortunate that I can lose at a higher calorie. Right now I need to stay below about 1600 to be safe but if I consistently stay even that high I can lose very slowly for a little while. I think it is because I have not done a great deal of yo-yo dieting, except for my time on Medifast, all I have done is count calories and the lowest I have tried to go is 1200 for a brief time. That was when I was 60 and on 1200 cals I lost VERY fast! But also gained it back fast because I went back to eating much more. In more recently years I lost fast with Medifast (about 800-1000 cal a day as I remember), but again went back to my old eating habits and gained it back fast. My problem has always been more about not being consistent with my eating. I need a plan I can live with forever and I'm hoping this 1-1-1 is it.

Karen3, Donna and others - Did I tell you I've started watching Downton Abbey? I'm watching it via Amazon Prime. Still on Season One about to start episode 7. I've gotten hooked! I watch it when there's nothing on TV I'm interested in and sometimes at night when I can't sleep. I'm at the point where Mary has decided she loves the guy they want her to marry but feels she has to tell him about her "past." And the head of the kitchen/maid staff has told the guy over him that he has a past of drinking and theft. Oh dear!
Old 02-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #257  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, Goldens!

Lynn - glad you're back with us... how was the trip? Are you still thinking of moving? Did your DD and SIL start that B&B? What did you do with the little darlings while you were gone? Did you have a sitter for them?

I always add "Extras - 200" to my daily calorie tally, just to take into account the underestimation. I cannot even imagine <1,000 with all that exercise! Of course, I'm a lot larger than you, so I'm still sucking up more calories, but I sometimes get physically sick, I'm so hungry, even at 1,200.

Bobbi - your quilt is lovely... and I love that you were able to get good sized pictures posted! Usually, the pictures are way teeny, it seems.

Clouding up here... I'm getting to be thoroughly SICK of wind and cold... it was 16 on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. and 55 yesterday at 10 a.m. One wonders why we aren't all sick all the time!

KarenFL - this, too, will pass... hang in there and think "salsa dancing"!!

Later, lovelies!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:41 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Lynn - glad you're back with us... how was the trip? Are you still thinking of moving? Did your DD and SIL start that B&B? What did you do with the little darlings while you were gone? Did you have a sitter for them?

I always add "Extras - 200" to my daily calorie tally, just to take into account the underestimation. I cannot even imagine <1,000 with all that exercise! Of course, I'm a lot larger than you, so I'm still sucking up more calories, but I sometimes get physically sick, I'm so hungry, even at 1,200.
Hi Donna,

I had a GREAT visit - no - I am not thinking of moving. I REALLY like my life and where I live. Luckily, I can visit when I want. For now, this seems to be my best option.

Yes - my DD & SIL started the B&B in 1995. The building had been abandoned & was owned by the bank. They had to renovate EVERYTHING. We spent a month tossing frogs out of the pool!

My furry babies were fed and played with by a neighbor - and visited by another neighbor. They seemed fine when I got home.

My dieting advice is to eat as many calories as you can to lose. How you lose is how you have to maintain. Also, the fewer calories you eat, the harder it is to fit in all the healthy things you need to eat.

Lynn
Old 02-27-2014, 04:47 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

hi arrrrrrrrrrgh
Old 02-27-2014, 04:50 PM   #260  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Lynn - good points... thanks for your words of wisdom. BTW, I'm within 1/2# of being back to my squiggly weight thingie! 10# since the first of the year, yay!!!

KarenFL - oh, you poor baby! I wish there was something we could do for you... it WILL get better! I'm just sorry you have to go through this, though. There should be another bit of cheer for George to bring you, though... and I hope you got the first bit of cheer before you went in for the surgery.

Last edited by jess1; 02-27-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #261  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Just a quick post. Did not get to follow my eating plan due to a very busy day at work and hope to get back on track tomorrow
Old 02-27-2014, 10:46 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 207/204/157

Height: 5'6"

Already lost a pound. What are some suggestions to avoid night time eating? My other problem is that I don't have a plan for meals. Do most of you plan your meals a few days in advance? These are a few of my hurdles from previous weight loss attempts. I really want to stick to this...my youngest graduates on June 1 and want to take lots of pictures and I want to feel good enough about myself to be in those pictures.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:18 PM   #263  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

3beach girls, I have gained control over my eating by always planning my meals. For me Breakfast is no longer a hot extra large coffee with flavored creamer. I now have a coffee flavored spiru-tein shake made with almond milk. I add an extra tablespoon of instant coffee while blending and that is how I get my creamy coffee fix but now it had vitamins, proteins and is low in calories(140).
For lunch I have a very large salad with raw vegatables galore and 1/2 avocado.
Dinner is either a salad with one table spoon olive oil and a hand full of nuts and grapes on top. I can eat like this sunday thru friday morning. Friday night is shabbes so I don't have lunch I have a roasted vegatables, salad and a small bit of challah and a small glass of wine. THen Shabbes morning I am back to salads raw.
I can not go back to eating like I used to b/c for me it was a downward spiral. I think right before Passover I am going to transition to a few weeks of juicing just to push my body into overdrive b/c passover is stressfull and food intense so if I am already juicing I think I can continue juicing during the holiday and not give in to overeating.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:57 AM   #264  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Beach gal...we'll be moving the thread to the new March thread later today so be sure to look for it. Maybe on the March thread everyone can give you more suggestions on what works for us. You can pick up some helpful hints and see what works for you.

I'm retired so only plan on what we're eating in the morning. I've found the less I think about food, the easier it is to lose weight. I eat the same breakfast, Fiber One, Almond milk or yogurt on top. I always cut up some fruit to mix in, banana, dried cranberries, etc. I purchased a new box of prunes and DH and I can't get over how moist and sweet they are. I've been cutting up 2-3 and topping my cereal. The KEY to my weight loss is keeping the fiber high. Do you use a web site that tracks your food such as Fitday, Mydailyplate, help me out girls, name some others for her.
Eat lots of veggies for lunch, lucinda does salads...I make a huge pot of all vegetable soup for the week and gorge myself on that. I never put protein in the lunch soup, I'd rather save it for a nice size portion of meat for supper at night. Watch your carbs, they add up fast.
See ya all on the March thread. (Not up yet, will put up later today)
Old 02-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #265  

Well it's Friday again...so fast! Guess if you're working (as in a job) it's probably not so fast but for me the days fly by. We didn't go to the gym...dh promised to help someone with their car and I didn't get much sleep again. Yesterday was Day 6 on 1-1-1 and it went well other than a little hunger early evening and bedtime. When I couldn't sleep I wanted to get up but knew I'd be tempted to eat. Hope that goes away soon. That's always been my problem.

My stats:
Cals - 1264
Carbs- 123
Fat - 52 (little high)
Fiber - 18
Sodium - 1896

I kinda purposely cut back on the fiber today. My colon was hurting a bit worse and I wondered if I might actually be getting too much. Don't know whether that's possible but it did ease a bit for whatever reason.

3beachgirls - In regard to my personal eating I don't plan ahead of time. Right before I eat I decide what's my protein, carb and fat. Sometimes it is all in one dish (or drink, like with a mocha or smoothie). I like a lot of variety in my eating, and with my current eating plan that's fine since all I have to do is have those three nutrients. Then I add in veggies at lunch and dinner and occasionally in a smoothie for breakfast. I'm not eating as much fruit as I used to but I work it in when I can. I miss it. And while I wouldn't call it motivating....but it probably is the most helpful to weightloss...is that I don't eat after dinner. If I get very hungry I eat some veggies like carrots, radish and/or lettuce. Mostly my hunger is in my head though as my tummy is full enough. Eating so balanced like this with protein/carbs/fat plus veggies keeps me full enough. With this plan I don't have to count calories but since I'm diabetic I do have to count carbs and I'm so used to counting calories since I've been doing it for many years so I still use Myfitnesspal.com to track everything.

Lucinda - I tried the Spiru-tein...I'm sorry but I don't like it, couldn't drink it. I guess it's an acquired taste and these days I only eat what I actually like/enjoy so won't take the time. Sure does have a lot of good nutrition in it though.

Last edited by maryea; 02-28-2014 at 02:03 PM. Reason: misspelled words
Old 02-28-2014, 03:33 PM   #266  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

33 days ago I weighed 163 pounds. I had bleeding gums, heartburn, a chronic pain in my ankles. I stopped showering for days in a row. I had no bras that fit me and I avoided mirrors. On new years eve I was actually jealous of a woman I had known for years and I was ashamed to be seen by her.
Here I am on Feb 28 thinner than I have been in years. I have lost 19 pounds and ALL my health issues have gone away.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:14 PM   #267  
I am more than weight.

Default Yes I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3beachgirls View Post
Already lost a pound. What are some suggestions to avoid night time eating? My other problem is that I don't have a plan for meals. Do most of you plan your meals a few days in advance? These are a few of my hurdles from previous weight loss attempts. I really want to stick to this...my youngest graduates on June 1 and want to take lots of pictures and I want to feel good enough about myself to be in those pictures.
I try and at least plan my meals the day before, sometimes for a few days at a time, since I work 6 days a week and I eat at work doing so is a must. I keep a log, but not everyday.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:19 PM   #268  
I am more than weight.

Default They fly for me too!

[QUOTE=maryea;4953478]Well it's Friday again...so fast! Guess if you're working (as in a job) it's probably not so fast but for me the days fly by.
QUOTE]

Girl my days fly and one just blends into another! Working 3 stores and 6 days a week plus doing the paper work and ordering makes for one fast, busy and hectic life. We are FINALLY going to have time off-we are off Sunday, Monday and we are closed Tuesday for Mardi Gras of which we do not attend, BUT I have filing and bank statements to do-alas it is never done!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #269  

Thank you for the help. I think my problem has not been planning and then that leads to hunger which leads to eating whatever is in site. And now at age 50 with an office job this is not a good combo. I did go to the fruit market so lots of fresh veggies. Thanks Lucinda.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #270  

Bobbi, I will definitely look for the March thread. I have been also trying to stay busy as to not think of food. Every time I try to diet it is like food is all I think about. LOL. I think increasing fiber is an excellent idea. I also need suggestions for eating out.....my family and friends are always going out. I did very well tonight. SALAD and only half of it and water for a drink. I appreciate all the advice and support I can get. I want to like the way I look again.
Closed Thread