3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   2013 Challenge - Another New Year (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/272301-2013-challenge-another-new-year.html)

Marie 03-31-2013 11:03 PM

Happy Easter All,

I must restart my 3 month logging goal. I gave up yesterday. Today I could still salvage but I just don't see a reason. I wasn't bad (like yesterday) or good like previous days. I was just so-so. Tomorrow is another day as a famous southern belle pronounced at the end of a wonderful movie.

Am2, 11.8 pounds in less than 3 months when you're at a pretty low weight seems daunting. That said, I'm dam sure, spelling error intended, if anyone can do it, you can.

Tera, I read about your big hike, then over-indulgence. I'm finding that to be the case with me. Long special exercises (skiing, biking, etc) seem to cause me more harm than good in the long run. I overeat then it is nasty trying to get back on track. But I bet we can both do this. Actually I know we both can because we have in the past. Also, I agree with Am2, the shower was a wonderful occasion and life is meant to be lived. Eating is part of living.
Marie

Amarantha2 04-01-2013 12:59 AM

Happy Easter, Marie! Good job on how long you have met your logging goal.

Re my goal date, it is just a date. It won't bother me if I have to increase the time.

That said, I can definitely do it unless I get sidetracked. It is only a pound a week.

I don't usually overeat from long special exercise events but I do gain on the scale if I weigh near the time I do such an event. It is inflammation from working the body in an extended manner.

Calories today 1580, yesterday 1200, can't remember if I previously posted that.

TERAPET 04-01-2013 07:59 AM

yest cals-3000. Lots of great food again yesterday. I am just not ready to change those holiday menus yet. There were some seconds involved as well. Thank goodness there are no holidays or events planned again until the end of the month.

Am2-Thank you for the party tips. I will keep them in mind when the next onslaught of events roll around. Great calorie totals. I ate more than twice as much as you yesterday!

Marie-Exercise makes a person hungry! I have heard that exercise can stimulate overeating but then for me, so does sitting on the couch-ha,ha. You are right-we can do this-we will do this and it will be great.

Amarantha2 04-01-2013 10:22 AM

Tera, I woke up before midnight & had a snack so my count is updated to 1665, which is still ok with what I want to do this week.

I would like to join in the WE CAN DO THIS! group!!! I can also reach my goal & I can do it! :wave:

Amarantha2 04-01-2013 12:16 PM

Created a special "rule" for this month and this is not joke, did a second "official" weigh-in for the week. Down .2, changed ticker, back to official Saturday weigh-in this coming Saturday.

Just needed to see that ticker going down lol.

TERAPET 04-02-2013 05:16 PM

yest cals-2185 Ex-step class & yoga class. Calories are high due to leftovers which are a problem today as well. I am eating mainly healthy food and getting plenty of exercise. I just need to get a handle on the weekends and also the leftovers from the weekend. As you pointed out Am2-there is a way to celebrate without gaining weight.

Am2-I love your special rule. Enjoy the success!

Marie 04-03-2013 08:52 PM

Am2, I'm all for special rules that motivate instead of sabotage. A 2nd official weigh in motivated you with the lost. :carrot:

Tera, I hope to find a way to celebrate without eating soon. I sure did it for the 2 years I lost weight but I'm failing at it now. That's very depressing.

Yesterday work made me so frustrated I ate my way into oblivion. Next time I should just choose alcohol. It would have been cheaper calorie wise because a quasi tea-totaler like me needs only one drink to be buzzed and not care. Sadly, drinking on the job would get me fired. That would bring frustration of a different avenue. Anyway, today is a new day. I didn't try to log what I ate because it would have been wrong since I'm not sure I'd remember it all. Suffice it to say I did not lose weight yesterday.

Like my friend Am2, I'm going to set a goal passed the logging goal. I am going to jump start my resolution to lose weight. April 2nd was for the fool in me. The rest of the month has a calorie limit for every day. I think to shake things up, even days I will max at 1400 accurate calories and even days will max at 1300 cals. I think I'll add that days ending in 0 get 1500 cals. No exceptions. If that doesn't get me out of my eating yo-yo, nothing will. I also have a new motto:
http://www.mariesdogs.com/images/yoda.jpg
Not bad for a non-Star Wars person. I plan to print it and put it on my fridge. For April it's going to be my laptop desktop too. As you can see, I added it to my signature as well.

Exercise is going well though. :D I think food restraint is so much harder than exercising daily. Of course, you two are exercisers too so you'd understand.
Marie

TERAPET 04-03-2013 11:18 PM

yest cals-1920, yest ex-body sculpt & zumba. todays cals-1600, ex-step class. I am feeling guilty from eating CheezIts today. It was a weak moment. Well life is full of ups and downs. I just need more faith.

Marie-I love your little yoda and his wise saying. Sorry you had a difficult day yesterday. Frustration is challenging. Next time will be better. You can do it!

Amarantha2 04-04-2013 01:57 AM

Marie, love your cute little Yoda! He is right in his saying, I think. I also intend to do or no do.

That's why I focus on behavior not so much results because I can do behaviors but whether scale weight by date happens is more chancey.

Tera, Cheese-its happen lol. You are doing great.

I was feeling ill all day but it was generated by emotional factors. Ate 1690, did the usual 12,000 steps & more weed clearing, which I count as exercise.

Marie 04-04-2013 10:35 PM

Hi all, a really busy, major thinking type day at work. I persevered and stayed in the calories. Yesterday I ended at 1249. That was a good odd day. I thought I was at 1295 but I'd logged a whole banana and had only half. My boy dog eats the other half. :D today I'm at 1350 but since I had dinner at my DIL house and she cooks with oil (she's a size -2) I think leaving a 50 cal cushion makes sense. I did charge myself a 1/2 T oil in the count as well. I had a good elliptical workout this morning. So two days on track.

Am2, you are so right. We can do the behavior that hopefully has good health impacts but the scale doesn't always show the progress like the pride in following our goals.

Tera, I had 20 cheese-it's today. 100 cals. Yes I counted them out. I swear it was like dragging myself to an IRS audit to stay away from the damn things after the 20.

Have a great night. Chat with you tomorrow.
Marie

Amarantha2 04-05-2013 07:14 AM

Marie, good for you for preserving and staying with the calories! :wave:

Good morning to you and Tera, too! Woo!

Going walking as have some things to do today.

DID eat a bit more and the cals yesterday escalated to a final 1935.

And the beat goes on, kind of!

Marie, Yoda is so cute in your sig!

Marie 04-05-2013 10:50 PM

Hi all, another successful day at the calorie limits. Since it's an odd day, the limit was 1300 and I will finish the day at 1309 - close enough in my book. :D And that was including lunch at a restaurant and Starbucks for lunch dessert. For my little friend Yoda, I did today; I did not try! So very cool. I told my DH this evening of my odd day/even day cal limits and the days ending in 0 getting 1500. He chuckled then I told him a little about Am2 and the fun goals she/you set - that it really keeps her/you on track. So I'm going to do fun couple month long goals that keep me entertained while the goal is new and fresh. So... if my experiment into Am2's world goes as I plan (and will do, not just try), I'd have gotten more from our thread than anything else I've tried outside this thread. When I lost the weight originally, I was on a "support" thread and I was the only one eating right and losing weight. I got nothing out of the thread and eventually just left it. I really do love you two. Constants in my life and co-combatants in the war on fat.

So my co-combatants, have a great night and THANKS for all your help.
Marie

Amarantha2 04-06-2013 02:01 PM

Woot! Officially at 129.8 & there will be no more rebound as am weary of the 130s! Line in the sand, no more 130s!!!!

Calories yesterday were 1230. Not really going to post exercise for a while because it is totally always done. I never skip it, so t'is a given.

TERAPET 04-07-2013 07:14 AM

Hi Ladies-I was a bit under the weather the last few days but I am much better today. No exercise lately but my calories were the usual-nothing crazy like last weekend. I went dress shopping again on Friday and picked up a few more choices. I am wearing between a size 8 and a size 10 so I ended up buying the eights. It is imperative I lose another 5 pounds before the wedding-very doable with a little applied effort and focus. The weather is gorgeous here so I plan to be out in the sunshine planting flowers today. I also purchased some vegetables and a blueberry plant to try growing. i have not had much luck with vegetable gardening but it is worth a try. Maybe one of these days I will figure it out.

Marie-I agree we are a dedicated little group here. I came to this site because I talk a lot about diet and exercise and most people I know are not that interested. It has been very, very helpful in actually taking off the weight and keeping it off. Sometimes I wish it did not take so much effort, but it simply does so I am very glad to have such capable co-combatants to share the journey with me.

Am2-Yeah, you are there! Very cool. Great time of year to show off and enjoy your lovely skinny self.

Marie 04-07-2013 09:36 AM

Am2 WOOTS!!!! :carrot: I'm dancing in my head for you. There is NOTHING like a new decade on the scale. I have to say, I like when you post your exercise. It's motivating to others. Both Tera and I are exercisers too but it still is motivating. Just a thought.

Tera, I think you should post some of your dress choices. Or at least describe your faves and why or why not it is not the one. I hope you feel better every day.

I forgot to post last night so I'm here bright and early. Friday's cals were 1306 and yesterday's were 1394. I was laughing at I was 6 over on Friday and 6 under yesterday. That was not intentional but quite funny in my game playing head. I finally bit the bullet and stepped on the scale. It wasn't pretty but it wasn't as bad as I expected. After I did it, I realized I really needed the props the scale gives when trying to lose. Since I am "doing" losing, not trying, I will continue to do so. I'm not sure on how often. Daily has always worked for me so I might just do that. Who knows.
Marie