3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   2013 Challenge - Another New Year (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/272301-2013-challenge-another-new-year.html)

TERAPET 03-25-2013 10:24 PM

Yesterdays cals-2640, yesterday ex-step class. Todays cals-1925, todays ex-step class and yoga class. Big oops on sunday-it was not so much the amount, just a high calorie sunday dinner. Well, it makes monday look good, ha, ha. Had some yummy quinoa with arugula pesto again today and a delicious green smoothie. I love my new menus. It was a leftover treat from yesterday that put my calories up there today.

Marie-I know my DH struggles alot with keeping his food choices in line when traveling. It is so much easier at home. I know I do not miss rushing breakfast and packing lunches and dealing with going out to lunch although I do miss the people and the paycheck. Planning your meals will definitely help.

Am2-Kicking the bad stuff to the curb must be working. Good calorie total. I could never ban anything forever though. I love my food.

Amarantha2 03-26-2013 08:19 PM

Tera, I love food, too. I just have had to choose in the past between ongoing obesity or not eating some foods sometimes when they become a trigger. I sometimes just have to get my priorities straight.

More busy times this week, eating us at 1665, probably won't eat again tonight. Tired.

Marie 03-26-2013 08:22 PM

I'm with Tera. Nothing I like is banned forever. Sadly Peanut M&Ms are just because they're peanuts and death by peanut isn't appetizing.

ROFL Tera on Sunday's calories making Monday's look good. That was cool. :D

Am2, I hope the bad day stress from Sunday is gone and all is better in your world.

Tomorrow I'm hitching a ride to Reno with a co-worker and his family. Thursday and Friday will be spent skiing. My skis are already in my Jeep ready to go to work. I'll go to his house tomorrow afternoon and then be a non-claustrophobic passenger in the truck. I almost chose to chuck the tagging along and drive myself but I'm going to face my fears. If it is a two door truck and I'm in the back seat, I could be in trouble. I sort of panic if there isn't a door. I will just breathe deeply and not mortify myself.

Calories on Sunday were 1653 and Monday's were 1529. I thought I'd stayed just under 1400 yesterday but forgot about the 140 mocha. So I added it this morning and was just a tad bummed since I had aimed for lower. Today will be that hair under 1400 cals. :D Competitive with my LoseIt app.
Marie

Amarantha2 03-26-2013 09:15 PM

Well, my calorie count went up to 1880 as I added a protein shake. Now am full!

Have a great ski trip, Marie.

TERAPET 03-27-2013 08:03 AM

yest cals-1960, yest ex-body sculpt & zumba classes. I somehow managed to lose a pound for my "official" weigh in yesterday. Cool.

Marie-Sounds like your LoseIt app is working well. Good goin'. Try not to worry about the truck ride, concentrate on the ski trip destination. That is what I have to do when I fly. It is so worth it in the end.

Am2-Priorities are a good thing. That is a smart way to look at food temptations.

Amarantha2 03-27-2013 02:10 PM

Thanks, Tera! Huzzah and congratulations on the official weigh-in day pound loss.

Unofficially I am at 129, but it could change by the official Saturday weigh-in. We'll see.

TERAPET 03-28-2013 07:23 AM

yest cals-1837 yest ex-step class. The dress shopping has begun. I went two places yesterday. I ended up buying one dress but I am not sure if is the one I will go with or not. I really should get serious about losing the ten pounds though. I am not exactly happy with how I look or fit in a dress. I am going to have to choose between treats or the dress fit. Hmmmm. You would think it would be any easy choice!

Am2-Congrats on hitting 129. How thrilling. Does it make you feel like a kid again?

Amarantha2 03-28-2013 06:40 PM

Thanks, Tera! No, though. I weighed 117 in late 2010 so 129 is a recent memory, but I am very excited about it.

I bet you look great in the dress!

Marie 03-28-2013 07:37 PM

I echo Am2 - I bet you look great in the dress. We are alway our own worst critic. I laughed when you asked treats or fit in dress being an easy question - yep, it is - treats. I'm just pathetic!

Am2, I hope the 12X are there on the official day. My philosophy isn't a official day since anything, moon phase included, can alter my weight. So I go by lowest until I see even lower. So from my vantage point, congrats at the 12Xs.

Skiing today was pretty much fun. Spring skiing is hit or miss. Today was narrowly a miss. It was drizzly and the snow stick and wet. And HEAVY!!!! Only did 10 runs. My legs were getting tired and the sun was coming out, making the snow more moist and difficult to move. So headed back to my daughter's house to be a bum. I have the coolest ski app that you put your physical stats in, and it tracks runs, speeds, lift time and cals burned. So it knows what I'm doing, which difficulty and effort because of the GPS and it said I burned 543 cals. I definitely believe it is quite close to accurate. The only thing it can't take into consideration is how heavy the snow is to push around. Other days with perfect run conditions would have provided the same stats but today I figure under-estimating is just fine. :) My cals on Tuesday were 1283, 1336 yesterday and what I have planned for the rest of the day is 1670. So far, so good on the cals with round 1 of my traveling. And the truck ride was fine. They were too courteous and made me sit in the front passenger seat. I felt guilty but no panic attacks so I didn't have to admit to claustrophobia. And there were rear doors so it would have been fine.
Marie

TERAPET 03-29-2013 10:35 AM

Yest cals-2030 Ex-yoga. Thanks for the dress encouragement. I look good enough but I do have the poochy tummy thing going on and I do not like wearing the foundation garments-ick. Plus I need a size 10, I want to be a single number size-ha, ha.Still, I am not complaining, it was not that long ago I needed a size 16 and I do not have the upper body curves to rock that look. Even at size 10 the top is still too roomy for my bust but I need it for the waist and bottom. Dresses are tricky. Anyway, this is my own fault. I have had plenty of time to lose the poochy tummy and have not complied to the proper protocol to do it. Perhaps after Easter?

Am2-Congrats on reaching your goal even if it is not official. Woohoo!

Marie-Nice you were able to fit in the ski trip before the thaw. Sounds like a great workout. Way to go with the calorie totals.

Amarantha2 03-29-2013 10:08 PM

Thanks be to Tera and Marie for the congrats re the unofficial weight. Tomorrow it will or will not be official, honestly I don't know where I am.

Marie, glad you had a good ski trip that gave your a chance to be a "bum," too. :) I would love to be a ski bum, if only I could stand snow.

Tera, I am with you on not liking foundation garment wearing. I really dislike those modern shape things, it is way too hot here, in my opinion, for the wearing of such things.

Also agree that dresses are tricky. Very difficult things to wear, in my opinion.

Had rather a bad day yesterday but calories for both days stayed in the 1600s, which is good by me.

:wave:

TERAPET 03-30-2013 09:14 AM

yest cals-2620, ex-90 min hike. Yikes, I did it again. DH and I went on this great hike near the Chattahoochee river and the went out for pizza. After the hike and one beer, I dove into that pizza. Plus I made chocolate chip cookies for bookclub this week (which nobody touched btw) and i had some of those also. I have become quite arrogant about my healthy eating lately and somehow gave myself the impression I could live politely along decadent food. Not so at all. I must deny myself access to the good stuff, that is all there is to it. I am still waiting until after Easter though.

Am2-hopefully i can make up for my bad day the same way. Good for you for following it up with a good day.

Amarantha2 03-30-2013 01:53 PM

Lol, well, some might say I am having another bad day but I don't see it that way (rhymes lol).

The weight, as I did NOT predict, popped up again & I gained 1.6 from the official weigh day last week (Thursday). So the unofficial 129 is history for a little bit, but not long.

The nice thing about this is I had an astounding inch loss in the nine days of an overall 2.75. Things are fitting right now that haven't fit for two years.

So am good and have reset my goals, realizing that 125 ISN'T the weight I want to settle down in for life. I want a loss to 120 and a wide range of what I find acceptible for my body's comfort of 120-129.

I WOULD LIKE to lose that 11.8 pounds to 120 OFFICIALLY (no more unofficial weight data in my queendom. It skews the elegance of the calculations) by or on June 22, 2013, the Saturday following the Summer Solstice.

So I created a new ticker and the beat goes on!

Hoppy Easter to all! Woot!

TERAPET 03-31-2013 06:32 AM

yest cals-2485 Ex-walk with my friend. Last night was a couples wedding shower for my DS and future wife. We had a wonderful time but I did indulge in the party food. I am going to have to strategize future party behavior since I see quite a few of those on the horizon. Perhaps I can save some calories during the week. Anyway, another big to-do today for Easter.

Am2-Lovely new ticker. Barely a 130 in sight!

Happy Easter, Happy Spring All!

Amarantha2 03-31-2013 12:37 PM

Lol, thanks for not seeing the 131.8, Tera!

You are nice!

It was good you indulged in the party food for DS & future wife. Life is to be lived despite weight management, in my opinion.

Lol, in fact, I do weight management so that I can enjoy life more and look cuter.

I don't do parties much anymore (am now a stick-in-the-mud). I used two strategies during my major weight loss years. One was to ask if I could bring something to add to the feast. Then I brought safe things that I could eat. If I could not bring anything because it was catered or whatever, I inquired ahead about the menu and decided exactly what I would permit myself to eat and logged that ahead of time in my tracker or calorie journal, whatever I was using at the time. If I didn't know exactly how many calories would be in the items and couldn't figure it out online or in my books, I just used my experienced dieter expertise to come up with a count. I might change the count later but had a rule I would only change it down, not up. I always stuck to my guns and if there were food pushers at the party, I pleaded not feeling hungry and wondered aloud if I were coming down with something.

But in a case where someone's feelings were at risk, say an elderly friend might have worked all day on a meal, then I just ate it as long as it did not contain food that I had a sensitivity or allergy to.

Guess I pretty much do the same thing now on the rare occasions when I socialize.

Hoppy Easter everyone!!