3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   2013 Challenge - Another New Year (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/272301-2013-challenge-another-new-year.html)

TERAPET 03-13-2013 09:53 PM

Todays cals-1475 Ex-step class at the Y.

Marie-Glad to see you posted. We miss you when you are not here. I have season tickets to the opera. I am not a music expert, I just like opera. I saw La Traviata on Sunday. It was fun. Look up the drinking song from La Traviata on the Internet and I bet you have heard it. I am sorry you are still sick. That is totally unfun. It is good you missed some of that exercise as you recover. I know you will back in ship shape form soon enough. Your calories did not look bad to me. I heard a good saying yesterday-everything in moderation, even moderation. So there, it was just a moderation break. I can imagine feeling a bit blah about working when the weather is pretty. You will feel better when you get your paycheck!

Am2-Wow, I had no idea there were so many holidays on the horizon. I am looking forward to my annual corned beef this weekend. It is going to be a little difficult to enjoy with my new healthy, nutritious eating kick but I think I can manage.

Amarantha2 03-14-2013 09:47 AM

Marie, glad you are here & hope you feel better soon.

Calories are very individual, which is kind of why I always hesitate to post my logs on diet forums.

Good job on the exercise front.

Tera, I love opera. Haven't gone to a live performance for years, though. You are doing great with your plan. Your annual corned beef sounds delicious.

I am working one anxiety out of my brain today, not much to say, so have a good one, everyone.

Marie 03-14-2013 12:34 PM

Tera, I google the drinking song and I must be very culturally undefined. I've never heard it. The YouTube clip I watched was Placido Domingo (who I have heard sing) but haven't heard the song. And, embarassingly, I'd be fine not hearing again. :D BTW, I don't think I've ever seen your cals so low as yesterday. That will make up for the corned beef this weekend. :)

Am2, totally agree on calories being very individual. Tera does great at a level I used to lose at but now gain at (post hysterectomy). My cals were too high for me. Hope the anxiety diminishes soon.

I had a great evening yesterday. I'm glad my munchie time of the day is in the morning as opposed to evening like many. I guess I'm lucky in that. Morning munchies torture me and I can't imagine what that would be like when you don't have cals left in the day. Anyway, I worked on my quilt last night, chatted with my pups, and read. Perfect evening. The morning exercise was splendid and kept me awake all day. This morning I woke early even though it was my scheduled, "no exercise" day. I walked 1 mile on the treadmill at a leisurely 3.2 mph just to get the blood flowing. Yesterday's cals ended at 1394. WOOTS!!!! Much more in line with what I need to do.
Marie

TERAPET 03-15-2013 09:27 AM

Yest cals-2255, Ex-yoga at the Y. Not so good. I went out to lunch with DS1 and then added some adult liquid calories to dinner. Hello-when am i going to wake up and smell the coffee?! Losing weight is going to require some sacrifices. Liquid calories are not good for me anyhow. Today is going to be gorgeous. Maybe the warm weather and sunny skies will improve my languid disposition. Time to grab life by the horns and make things happen.

Marie-I cannot believe you never heard that piece! Just kidding. Well, now you are a bit more refined even if you did not care for it :). Congrats on the great cals and getting in the appropriate recovery exercise. Your evening spent sewing and reading sounds lovely. I need a hobby. I have thought about quilting but never had the time or money in the past. I am not particularly talented at sewing either. Remember when they used to teach it at schools? I ruined nearly everything I attempted but somehow still enjoyed it. I spend a lot of time and focus on diet and exercise. It is time to find some creative outlet.

Am2-I hope you kicked that anxiety thing out the door. How about you, do you have a hobby?

Marie 03-15-2013 07:03 PM

Tera, eeks on being a bit more refined. :D Much of quilting is stitching straight lines. Sewing itself is pattern pieces and making inside circles fit into outside circles. Basically quilting is blocks. You could try some really simple block patterns to get started. Rotary quilting (ease of cutting out the pieces) makes it nice. Since you (and I) had sewing in school, you have basic machine control down. I'm into drinking a portion of my calories. I love my mochas!!!! You know that you lost the main weight cutting that stuff out but now you're tweaking. I'm a firm believer that perfection isn't needed all the time.

I finished yesterday at 1503 calories. I figure that isn't bad for going to McD's with DGS. I had a grilled chicken snack wrap with no sauce and granola-less parfait. I wasn't bummed not to have the granola as it says "Contains Soy". Much easier to skip those calories when it could result in an ER trip.

I again work up early and exercised this morning before. Without a doubt, even I'm noticing I'm more cheery at work getting back to before work exercising. I've laughed a lot this week no matter how stupid some of the stuff around me is. :rofl: It's like I'm on happy pills. Pretty cool. And now it is Friday Quitting Time. WOOTS!!!!
Marie

TERAPET 03-16-2013 10:20 AM

Yest cals-1845 Ex-none. OK day. I missed my Y class due to sleeping late. I am still adjusting to the time change. I went to Whole Foods in search of new whole grains to try. I bought millet, quinoa and wild rice. I also picked up chai seeds and gogi berries. I had some chai seeds in my stir fry last night and in my smoothie this morning. They did not seem to have much flavor, i guess it is about the nutrition.

Marie-Thanks for the info on quilting. Great job with the cals. You made very wise choices at McDs. Too bad about your allergy to soy. I try to avoid soy myself, i read it is mostly GMO and there is some question of its safety. Good for you for getting your AM exercise in. I tried that at one time in my life but I always wanted to go back to bed when I finished exercising. Plus -and this is terrible-when I exercise in the evening it keeps me from indulging in happy hour!

Marie 03-16-2013 11:46 PM

Tera, lol about evening exercise. I guess that would be a happy hour. And a good way to avoid any drinking. I had to look up GMO and didn't realize most of it was genetically modified. Personally I think it should just be illegal. Then I wouldn't have to read every label.

I had a great non-stressful Saturday. I love weekends. I did some quilting, read a book and DH and I pulled the winter cover from our pool. The water is a balmy 46 degrees. No way I'd just in it but it was nice to see the blue water. The direct overhead sun could cause algae between the winter cover and the solar cover so it was a good day to pull it off.

My cals today will end under 1400, about 1360. Yesterday was a hair over 1500 cals. I did the elliptical this morning and DH took the pups out for a walk, choosing a non-hilly route. good thing as there was smoke in the air and the asthma is not cooperating in disappearing. Have a great night and Am2, I hope your weigh in tomorrow goes well.
Marie

Amarantha2 03-17-2013 12:14 PM

Flyby as very busy today. :wave:

Last week was way down (for moi) to 130.2, this week up (1.6) to 131.8.

It was ever thus. The Aging Queenly Bod doth generally do an exploratory dip to a good low, then pop back up a bit the following week, although never ALL THE WAY up to the previous number.

Lol, happy with this, though, as the net loss from March 3 is .4 (average per week .2)!

Queen/Empress & Ceo o' Her Own Realm Am2 is still on the downward trail and near the portal into the 120s.

So we're good.

Next. Week!

TERAPET 03-17-2013 03:23 PM

yest cals-2265, ex-90 min hike around Kennesaw Mtn park. The calories are terrible because I had a hamburger and french fries after our hike. I am done with french fries-so not worth the calories. I eat a lot less hamburgers now but i am not giving those up just yet. I tried a new whole grain recipe yesterday-Quinoa, Roasted Cauliflower and Cannellini Beans with Arugula pesto. It was really good.

Marie-Sounds like a lovely day. I enjoy looking at pools also, especially a lighted pool at night. I used to like swimming but somewhere along the way things changed. I am a big baby about the pool temperature and I hate dealing with sunscreen and wet hair so nowadays I will be found lounging under an umbrella on the pool deck. That is nice too. Good goin' with the cals and exercise.

Am2-You are doing a great job hovering around your goal weight. The closest I remember getting to goal weight is to briefly reach it and immediately gain five pounds. Good job!

Amarantha2 03-17-2013 08:47 PM

Thanks, Tera! :wave:

Marie 03-18-2013 02:44 PM

Yesterday's cals were in the good range, 1520 cals. DH and I did the full doggie walk, so there were 1.7 miles of hills. The asthma wasn't bad at the time, but by evening those damn bronchial tubes were mad again. Better this morning for the elliptical workout. At work this morning, the munchies got me and I had about 250 cals worth of almonds. At least it was a healthy overindulgence.

Tera, I found if I stole 6 fries from my DH's hamburger/fries meal, the taste buds would be happy and I wouldn't order or need more. You might want to try that. Too bad 6 almonds hadn't done the trick this morning.

Am2, good job on the net loss.
Marie

TERAPET 03-18-2013 04:08 PM

yest cals-2500 Ex-60 min step class. St Paddy's dinner was great but fattening. Naughty me did not toss the leftovers so today has not exactly been stellar either. The rest of the week will be good though. Hubby is out of town and I have lots of time to plan and be good.

Marie-Thank goodness for the nice indoor elliptical while you wait out your rather tenacious asthma. The calories in nuts are crazy aren't they? Considering their dinkiness, you would think they hardly had any calories at all. I usually add them to something else like buckwheat cereal or yogurt to avoid getting in trouble. Besides the fact they taste delicious, they do pack the nutrients.

Am2-Hi-hope all is well.

Amarantha2 03-18-2013 07:59 PM

Thanks, Marie!

Tera, yes am well, just been super busy.

Everyone is doing well.

Re nuts, I think the calories in nut butters are easier to control so I eat them in that form. Cashew butter from Sprouts is my favorite.

TERAPET 03-19-2013 09:12 PM

yest cals-2040 yest ex-step class
todays cals-1990 todays ex-body sculpt class & zumba
Still hanging in there. My official weigh in put me at 143.5 so I am not complaining. I am pretty happy with my diet and exercise these days. I do wish I would lose ten pounds but on the other hand, I do not want to eat any less so I guess I will just keep tweaking my diet and I have lots of time to exercise so maybe I can manage to eek off a little bit more in time.

Marie 03-19-2013 11:29 PM

Tera, I love what you wrote. "I do not want to eat any less." That is me in a nutshell. I know I can eat less, I did it for 20 months and lost a big chunk of weight. That said, I don't want to do that and I'm not unhappy with my body or my choice of foods. I'd be happier with 20 pounds gone but I don't want it to consume my life to get there. I came to a decision this past weekend that I will reduce my intake a little. No slice and dice, just cut some and the 20 will come off eventually. Or not. It's frustrating to have lost without too much effort at 1600-1700 cals and now it's barely a loss at 1500 cals. That's frustrating because I exercise more now than then. But, I also wasn't menopausal 6 years ago or even perimenopausal. That really shook my metabolism but the trade off of what I lost with the hysterectomy I wouldn't change for anything. And no, I didn't mean the monthly cycle. :D I meant the pain. Although the cycle gone is quite wonderful. :rofl:

Am2, what are you super busy doing? Working??? I'm glad things are going well and especially glad you keep us posted that you're doing fine.

Yesterday's calories (with the almond fiasco) ended at 1653. Sure could have been worse. Today's cals ended at 1422. I took the doggies out for the regular doggie hike this morning before work. Charged my headlamp batteries and the pups were so happy this morning when they figured out what I was getting ready for. We hadn't don't a 5:00 morning walk in months. Probably about late November. It was wonderful and the three pups and I had a great time. Perfect way to start the day.
Marie