Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Warning: looooong post.

Hi everyone - just came across this thread and would love to join this challenge.

I am not quite 50-but close enough, turning 50 in May. I do qualify for the 25lbs overweight though, haha.

A brief background:
Almost always been 10-20 lbs over ideal weight.
2005 - lost 40lb on LA weight loss, went from 180-140ish.
Was at lowest weight for about 5min...then started inching upwards.
2008 - changed from semi active job to a desk job.
2010 - found out I was hypothyroid, been steadily putting on lbs, even with medication.
Now - hormones are going whacko - feel like I am 6mth pregnant, all weight goes straight to the menopot
Went gluten free 1st week in January + do IF, 2days/wk.
Exercise 2-4x week @ 1-3 hrs cardio
Weight lost so far = 0lbs

Haven't gained any though, so i guess i should be happy?
I would love to join you to help keep me motivated.

Susan
Old 02-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 232/214/185

Height: 5' 11'

Hi Susan and welcome aboard! I see that you've gone gluten free. Are you doing a specific diet? You've found a great place. There's lots of support here and you'll feel at home. I found that keeping a blog and being accountable to it is the best way to go forward. There are challenges that you can join and have fun while working towards your goal.

See you back soon?

Rob
Old 02-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 230/170/125

Height: 5' 1"

Good Morning everone!
The weekend is here and the challenges of having fun and staying on diet!!
First I want to say WELCOME to Susan!!!!
I share the same "stubborn" body when it comes to slow weight loss. The only thing that has ever worked for me is South Beach Diet and walking/jogging an hour a day.
Right now I am in the frigid Northeast and that with Raynaud's makes it impossible to go out and do. I bought a treadmill in January. I have a gym membership and I am to blame for my slow loss. So I too recently found this group and there is some nice support here. I think we all could be a good support to each other for the coming year!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #94  

Good morning! I like the positive energy and accountability from our group. Sharemenu has it right - we all could be a good support to each other for the coming year.

Rob
Old 02-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #95  

Checking in with you all. How is your day going? I am not drinking enough water.....heading to the sink...BRB...LOL!!
I have a Comedy Show to go to tonight. I really don't want to. It includes dinner.....Oh the willpower I am going to have to pull together! I would really rather stay home and run on the treadmill and wait for this pending snowstorm to hit!!
Have a good evening everyone!
Last night I was so proud of myself to shut off my eating at 7pm. We eat dinner late. Tonight my goal is 7:30...comedy show and all. We'll see!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #96  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Hey Rob, congratulations on your weight loss, your doing wonderful!! You are keeping us all inspired. Keep it going!

Webwoman, I am so sorry to hear about your car. That is sad. I hope you're okay and didn't get hurt. It can be very frustrating. A good way to get rid of the frustration is to exercise a bit more. It will help you relax and destress. Don't turn to food. It is only a false friend. It will make you happy for a few minutes, and then kick you in the butt later.

Sharmenu, glad to hear you got a treadmill. Try to use it just a little every day even if it is just for 5 minutes. You can get on it while watching or listening to the news. Some people can walk on it and read the paper. I am not that coordinated, but I have seen others do it. Sounds like your doing great trying to beat all the bad habits. Good for you for trying not to eat to much later at night!

Susan-welcome to the group! We would love to have you here too and look forward to all your valuable input. It is nice being able to share with others who have something in common. Don't be too sad. Not gaining any weight is a good thing. It could just mean that you body is stabilizing at a certain spot for now. Is that zero pounds loss since January 2013? I see you are doing cardio for 3-4 times a week. Is there a way that you can fit some small bits of exercise in on the other 2-3 days too? Maybe just lifting small weights or some other type of activity? Just a thought to try. What is IF? Sorry I am not familiar with that abbreviation.

I'm still walking as much as I can. Work has impacted me some from time to time, but I am hanging in there. I can only make it if I keep trying, and keep going, and keep making healthy food choices.

Last edited by Corinna T; 02-03-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #97  

Default Groundhog

didn't see his shadow! You know what that means!! I need to kick my butt into high gear!!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #98  
Focus & Determination

Ooppss. Okay, today is not a good day. I started off by eating a few M&M's, which soon led to the whole M&M's Jumbo share pack disappearing. It is true, out of sight out of mind. In my case, in my sight, in my belly. Tomorrow it will be on my belly. Ugh, why did I do this. It is as if I was brainwashed. I could hear a little voice saying no, no, but the louder voice was saying, don't be silly, who cares, eat as many as you like. Yes it was wrong. So now I will have to try even harder. I was doing good, so why the break today? I will have to psycho analyze myself to figure this one out.

I'm glad the rest of you are doing good. I owe it to all of you to get back on track again. I am sorry to have disappointed you. I felt it was important to confess my sudden break in dieting, so that I could move forward again with honesty. I hope you will forgive me and can somehow understand this temporary loss of will power. I am the weak link in this diet group.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #99  

Hi Corinna,

We all have or will have lapses in our diet. (I love M&M's as well!) Looks like you're already back on track, so stay positive and keep on keeping on!!! I log onto my blog each day and look at my weigh-in photos and say to myself I'm not looking like this in July. It keeps me motivated. Find something that gets you focused and determined and use that every day, and especially during those moments of temptaion.

I hope that everyone is doing well!

Rob
Old 02-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Corina - IF is intermittent fasting, 2 days of the week I have a 16-20 break from eating anything. It reduces the calorie intake of the week overall. I haven't lost an ounce but I find it has really helped me control my food intake when I am eating...mostly.

Don't fret about the M+M's - just carry on.

S
Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Good morning all, and sorry about the M&M meltdown Corinna - we've all been there. Sometimes it's 2 steps forward and 1 step back but as long as we get back on track we'll end up ahead! I'm trying to keep tempting stuff like that out of my house, but it's not always easy.

I finally picked up my new/used car and am still learning about all the gadgets and navigation in it...will spend more time exploring it when it gets warmer around here, but it looks like a lot of fun!

I'm back on track food-wise but haven't lost any more yet...hope to see progress this week and will try to get to exercise classes at least 2 times and do the treadmill at home the other days for at least a half hour.

Have a great Monday!

Andi
Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Corinna and Andi - Just noticed you are about halfway! You have been working hard!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone. I'm new here and really need to have a lifestyle change. I am determined to lose this weight and keep it off! I am giving up snacking while watching tv and eating much healthier. I lost 80 lbs in my 20's but gained it all back. Now my knees and joints say it's time to get serious, so here I am...
Old 02-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #104  

Hi Renee3, welcome the club! We're all in this together, glad you're here.

Rob
Old 02-05-2013, 04:25 AM   #105  
Focus & Determination

Hi Renee3! Welcome to the group. We are glad to have you here too. I think you will find this to be a very supportive group.

Hey Kris! Glad to see you back in here too. How are you doing?

Andi, you must be so excited about your new car. Once the weather is nice, you will be out there driving around with a big smile on your face.

Rob, you are going strong and sticking with the group daily. Thanks for all your wonderful feedback.

Susan, you must be somewhat strong to go that long without eating. I have tried from time to time, but I get sick with headaches if I don't eat on time. So you do have some will power control.

Thanks to everyone else for your supportive words to me. I am getting closer to my goal, but I need to be careful of what I keep in the house, and not be too harsh on myself if I do back track a bit.

So for now I am making my way back to my good diet/exercise track, so I can reach my goal, and hopefully soon! Now its time for me to get these legs moving....have a good day!
Closed Thread